←  General Discussion

Suby Club

»

Dad is looking for a new car

B4TT's Photo B4TT 12 Aug 2010

I disagree.

The bugeye STi (the car in case point) do actually come with a six speed and R180 rear diff as per factory specifications. So there won't be drivetrain damage.
The engine puts out 206kw It won't bother the drivetrain. It has been proven for that particular drivetrain to handle north of 400kw!!!

They already come with many factory suspension upgrades, so they do in fact handle very well. Perhaps they're poorly aligned from the dealership? The Pink STi KYB struts are very adequate for the vehicle, and they are indeed rebuildable (in the home garage). Having said that though, it is common for people to upgrade to coilover suspension.

My sis just got a bugeye LOLz... just a WRX though.

Morgan's Photo Morgan 14 Aug 2010

Went car shopping today

Drove this first

Posted Image

Not a bad car at all. A few blemishs being a 5 year old car but still alot of fun. Only mods were full audio set up including a 7" Pioneer DVD head unit and a GFB blow off valve.
HU was cool but BOV was just annoying...without an exhaust.

Then headed to Syd and drove this

Posted Image

It hasnt been the most popular amongst enthusuasts but for only a few thou more i really like it...and so does dad.
A completely stock, really tidy example, 07 MY08, 75k km, man, and quick. The Mini is alright but a standard WRX has plently of power for what we're after as a daily driver.

Also drove an 07 Audi A3 2.0T and an 07 Golf GTI which share the same engine and gearbox. The Audi is a much more luxury car and he'll wait till the S3's are cheaper before heading in that direction.
Golf was pretty good too. He'll definitely be getting one of them in a few years. The WRX really did stand out though.

Looks like the above car will be sitting in the garage within a week if all goes to plan :)

...cant wait for the next cruise :P

Alex's Photo Alex 14 Aug 2010

Good. Another car for the chopping! Jokes!! Looks good man! As long as your old boy is happy, then that's the most important thing! I drove a friend's RS (no turbo variant) and its chassis seems fairly well sorted for a stocker!

Morgan's Photo Morgan 14 Aug 2010

Haha im sure there will be mucho choppo. Not getting ahead of ourselves yet. Buy car first...then choppage.

skillionaire's Photo skillionaire 14 Aug 2010

Hi, Sounds good, let us know how you get on. Cheers, Nik

buzzda's Photo buzzda 15 Aug 2010

Hope it works out for ya's :drinks:

Shiv's Photo Shiv 15 Aug 2010

Thats awesome, the more Subys in the family the better :D Now all you gotta do is work out how to fit the drum kits in there and you'll be all set :P

Morgan's Photo Morgan 15 Aug 2010

Sister will be selling her car at the end of the year and shes keen to get a suby. I want to get Katie one pretty soon too and my cousin in on the lookout for a nice gen3 for his first car.
Central Coast suby meets will be any family gathering soon!!! haha

There is another option on the cards now!!! Dad found this one last night. ALOT less kms for only a few thou more.
Blue 08 WRX

alexGT's Photo alexGT 15 Aug 2010

Is your old man after certain colours? My dad's MY08 might be up for sale soon, 40,000km on it, Spec B 18" wheels (brand new tyres just put on), STi Catback exhaust and set of Whiteline Control Springs. Driven by my mum its whole life haha

Morgan's Photo Morgan 15 Aug 2010

Not after any colour in particular. How much would you sell for?

alexGT's Photo alexGT 18 Aug 2010

Not after any colour in particular. How much would you sell for?

$30k but he is negotiable.

forgot to mention the car also has GFB Short Shifter kit and GFB BOV (supplied, not currently fitted) as GFB needed a car to test fit its components before it went on the market.

Morgan's Photo Morgan 08 Sep 2010

Deposit has been paid. Tomorrow night we are picking up this:

MY09 Subaru Impreza WRX
20,000km, Pearl white, 5sp
$32k, 12 months rego.
Only been on the road for 12 months (first rego'd in Aug 09)

Being the MY09, it has upgraded sways, susp, brakes, and more
Full leather interior, sunroof, tint, gunmetal rims (i think these are std on 09s?).
Basically a new car and for the money, a dead set bargain!

Hes a very happy camper and after reading all the negative things about the MY08 model he's stoked for have found an 09 one for a decent price.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

buzzda's Photo buzzda 08 Sep 2010

Nice one! Congrats to your old man.

Alex's Photo Alex 08 Sep 2010

Congratulations!!

Gorgeous car!

If I had to buy a WRX, it'd be that exact colour!

Delete This Account's Photo Delete This Account 08 Sep 2010

Well done Mr. A!

Awesome car and low k's!

Morgan's Photo Morgan 08 Sep 2010

Thanks fellas

Unfortunately because we have jobs and dont finish them until 5 we couldnt see it in proper sunlight. I understand the colour is just brilliant with some good sun shine!
The guy who is selling it is an absolute character! 61YO European man who wouldnt shut up about how it was a brand new car no scratches anywhere "check anything you want, its perfect" blah blah blah. Dad and I were smirking the whole time! Awesome guy!

Was only put up for sale yesterday after he took delivery of a current model Pajero which he's gunna fully kit out with TJM gear. We're the first ones to look at it and he had to ring 2 other blokes up to tell them he's sold it!

As far as mods go, he's keen for a GFB short shifter - 30mm between gear changes sounds fun! Other than that it will probably stay stock. Already has tints and factory floor mats. He'll put his Parrot BT in it from the Mini. At 195kw he's happy not to touch the power side of things. Might convince him to upgrade some handling parts.

Number plates is the next question. I think silver writing on black would look sweet with the pearl white. WR-09-XX is a possibility. Open to suggestions?!

ams's Photo ams 08 Sep 2010

Wicked car, much jealous...

Shiv's Photo Shiv 08 Sep 2010

Thats a real nice addition to the family :D

The colour on the '09 wheels are much nicer and contrast nicely with that colour.

Rego plates? I lack creativity so I won't make any suggestions. But the plates already on there would be perfect for someone who has a Gen3 GT and was born in 1979 ;)

Morgan's Photo Morgan 09 Sep 2010

Yea I love the charcoal colour of the wheels! And the red brakes look good behind them too ;)

SAV84C's Photo SAV84C 09 Sep 2010

I likey! Im still sus on the chrome taillights...

Check these out to kill that chrome
http://www.clubwrx.n...ght-covers.html