#122 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:03 PM

hey chris just wondering how the dynamat in the boot goes? Does it stop boot rattle and seem to increase the amount of doof doof in the cabin?
cheers

#123 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:36 PM

hey chris just wondering how the dynamat in the boot goes? Does it stop boot rattle and seem to increase the amount of doof doof in the cabin?
cheers

I'm wondering too. Cheers.

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#124 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:45 AM

Chris, as far as differences between a-c and d-e motors, there probably is not much if anything of the long motor thats different. There will be some major differences in sensors etc though, if the turbo motors are anything to go by. Different oxy sensors, different injectors, fuel rails, etc.
You could get a later model engine, and do what I did and remove all the bolt on stuff (manifolds, sensors, etc) and just switch them over. Something to be wary of will be the cam gear and crank pulley - they might have different pickup points for the sensors (like the B4 motors I had issues with). Its surprisingly easy to do too.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#125 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:05 AM

Chris, as far as differences between a-c and d-e motors, there probably is not much if anything of the long motor thats different. There will be some major differences in sensors etc though, if the turbo motors are anything to go by. Different oxy sensors, different injectors, fuel rails, etc.
You could get a later model engine, and do what I did and remove all the bolt on stuff (manifolds, sensors, etc) and just switch them over. Something to be wary of will be the cam gear and crank pulley - they might have different pickup points for the sensors (like the B4 motors I had issues with). Its surprisingly easy to do too.

Or buy an EJ257... TURBOOOOOOOO

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#126 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:21 AM

cheers

I only did my boot lid behind the cover and my sub box...

My spolier n boot still rattles a lol if u crank it up but i don't that often anymore

What kinda system are u running? I'm running quality gear to match n my unit has the ability to fine tune bass treble mid range n has sub control to either add or lower bass or even just have bass...

If u want 2 see n hear it maybe before or after Tafe one nite let me know

#127 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:33 AM

Or buy an EJ257... TURBOOOOOOOO

Too be honest I cbf doin an engine change at all, I'll degrease it today and see wat I can find... My bother doesnt think its my head gasket coz I'm not overheating at all but we shall see...

#128 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:08 PM

Run the engine with the radiator cap off. If its a leaking head gasket, you'll get bubbles in the coolant. Otherwise its just another oil leak.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#129 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:23 PM

If it's the rear main, I'd suggest giving it a go yourself, I found a walkthrough on rslc for removing the gearbox that I used, pretty easy, just awkward. If you have acres to a hoist or proper tools it's not too hard. Otherwise I'd suggest waiting til you do the clutch cos a mechanic will charge a fair bit, which I think isn't worth it for a seal ;)

Posted Image

#130 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

If it's the rear main, I'd suggest giving it a go yourself, I found a walkthrough on rslc for removing the gearbox that I used, pretty easy, just awkward. If you have acres to a hoist or proper tools it's not too hard. Otherwise I'd suggest waiting til you do the clutch cos a mechanic will charge a fair bit, which I think isn't worth it for a seal ;)

Not my mechanic, free access to a hoist n tools at will plus will give me a hand for nothing! He owes my old man n bro for fitting out a whole lot of 3 phase through his workshop 4 nothing so free pink slips, labour n workshop use for whenever I need to!

#131 deletemyaccount

deletemyaccount

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:09 PM

Too be honest I cbf doin an engine change at all, I'll degrease it today and see wat I can find... My bother doesnt think its my head gasket coz I'm not overheating at all but we shall see...

dont be fooled if its not overheating, i just had my gaskets replaced during the week, he showed me what the old head gaskets looked like and they were ROOTED, and i never had overheating before it got changed just alot of leaking, very unresponsive and that putrid burnt coolant smell each time i drove it... now that i got it fixed she runs beautiful again

#132 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:11 PM

Not my mechanic, free access to a hoist n tools at will plus will give me a hand for nothing! He owes my old man n bro for fitting out a whole lot of 3 phase through his workshop 4 nothing so free pink slips, labour n workshop use for whenever I need to!

Awesome!!!

Posted Image

#133 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:27 AM

After degreasing my whole engine yday I manage to find the source of the leak... Some very f**kin minor... Seems as the clamps were loose but will watch it closely during the week

Posted Image

Posted Image

#134 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:44 AM

Replace hose.

Replace clamp.

Continue life.

#135 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:37 AM

Ok I'm kinda over the colour of my CS9s.

The question is what colour 2 do them in? I was thinking the same colour as Mostis BBS rims.

White knight hi temp metallic charcoal

http://imageshack.us...1/dscf2027e.jpg

#136 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:59 AM

Less think.
More do it.

#137 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:19 AM

Less think.
More do it.

I agree. Done n done. Anyone in syd got some spare rims I can borrow while I paint them?

#138 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:45 AM

Not in Sydney but I got spares
[03.SUBY]

#139 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:58 PM

I agree. Done n done. Anyone in syd got some spare rims I can borrow while I paint them?

Yeh 17's but without tyres. All yours.

Otherwise I may have a set of OUTBACK! wheels :P

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#140 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:50 AM

Lol I have my old 18s with no tyres still, those tyres my mate left me 2 were rooted not even good just drivin for a week on... May have 2 resort 2 using my stock 16s with less than 50% tread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users