547 replies to this topic

#21 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:49 AM

If the difference is only 1-2k then it is so worth getting a GD.
You will end up regretting not getting it.
The other obstacle that you may face is registering a car with an older engine than the car itself.
Someone may be able to confirm or deny this.
The EJ207 in the GD's is a more robust engine than the older varieties.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#22 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:41 AM

If the difference is only 1-2k then it is so worth getting a GD.
You will end up regretting not getting it.
The other obstacle that you may face is registering a car with an older engine than the car itself.
The EJ207 in the GD's is a more robust engine than the older varieties.

You supply the $2k and i'll do it.

=D

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#23 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:52 PM

This is true. My brother is doing a conversion atm, EVO2(1993) into a Satria(1997). All depends on emissions

#24 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:56 PM

This is true. My brother is doing a conversion atm, EVO2(1993) into a Satria(1997). All depends on emissions

Yeah. Seeings mines 12/99 Build, complianced/first regod 1/2000, fitting a 2000 model engine shouldn't be an issue. And as above, its mainly the emissions testing they lookout for. I just have to make sure i dont broom-handle the cat converter.

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#25 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

Okay, so STi half cut is en route. I need a manual pedal kit for gen3, clutch master cylinder, gen3 and a manual tailshaft. Does anyone know anyone? I kinda need it in a hurry.

#26 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:41 PM

Also, does anyone know if the ahove parts will suffice from a gen 2?

Cheers,
Shazza

#27 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

what model sti cut?

MY07 GT spec B

#28 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:32 PM

Hahaha, V3. The one from Ichiban.

#29 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

i'd start to get an engineer organised for trying to register that thing :)

MY07 GT spec B

#30 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:45 PM

i'd start to get an engineer organised for trying to register that thing :)

She'll be right! ^_^

In other news, hopefully have sourced all the above from a wrecking yard out west. Just waiting on a call back in the morning.

Cheers,
Shazza

#31 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:55 PM

sounds good mate. more converted wagons on the northern beaches ftw!!

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#32 jzk25

jzk25

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:13 AM

You can use the pedals from the Impreza, they are the same.
You are in for a rude shock with the wiring. Subaru wiring is nothing like toyota or nissan, there is no seperate engine loom, it is all integrated into the harness.
A plugin loom prep from AM Auto is $660, add autowatch alarm and it's $1100.
A V3 is a 96/7 model engine so could cause problems with engineering. If you present it as std you should be ok though.

#33 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:04 AM

You can use the pedals from the Impreza, they are the same.
You are in for a rude shock with the wiring. Subaru wiring is nothing like toyota or nissan, there is no seperate engine loom, it is all integrated into the harness.
A plugin loom prep from AM Auto is $660, add autowatch alarm and it's $1100.
A V3 is a 96/7 model engine so could cause problems with engineering. If you present it as std you should be ok though.

Are you 100% sure about the pedals? What about the Clutch Master Cylinder? Will the wrx one suffice, or is it better to get a lib one.
I'll tackle the wiring myself first, and see if i can get it to work. If i can't, i'll ship it off to them.

Engineering isn't an issue. :) Thats already been sorted.

Cheers,
Shazza

#34 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:31 AM

the pedal box and clutch master cylinder in my gen 2 are from an MY03 WRX

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#35 bobbyjimmy

bobbyjimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:50 AM

Are you 100% sure about the pedals?

I'd take whatever he says as gospel - as that is one half of AM Auto.

2002 Outback - it's gone...

#36 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:19 AM

I'd take whatever he says as gospel - as that is one half of AM Auto.

Oh, didn't realise. Hahaha.

Mate, if i can't get it to work, i'll send it up to you.
Are you guys closed over xmas? Just as a backup option.

Cheers,
Shazza

#37 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:02 PM

Okay, package has landed. Now, i have a wiring diagram for the V3 STi cut, but i was just wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram / pinout diagram for the Gen 3 Liberty. I've had a quick google search, and couldn't find anything, but just thought i'd chuck a post up on here just in case someone had one laying around sopmewhere.

Cheers,
Shazza

#38 Jovi

Jovi

When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:45 PM

i have the liberty diagrams on disc, let me know if you want a copy ill burn it and mail it to ya...
Posted Image

#39 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:17 PM

I highly suggest you take Al's advice. This is what I had done on my previous car, great price for the amount of work/effort that goes into it and you can have the assurance that when you plug it in it starts first go.

MY07 GT spec B

#40 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:24 PM

I highly suggest you take Al's advice. This is what I had done on my previous car, great price for the amount of work/effort that goes into it and you can have the assurance that when you plug it in it starts first go.

Yeah. I mean, if I can't get it to work, I'll send it to him for sure, but I have to at least have a crack. How else am I gunna learn how to fix shit when it's broken. Haha :yahoo:

Btw, PM sent Jovi.

Cheers,
Shazza

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users