• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:38 AM

Also, I don't necessarily want to look and sound fast. I want it to sound nice (boxer rumble).

It's an outback, not an R8
[03.SUBY]

#62 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:20 AM

I want to change my headers to UEL purely for sound. I don't think that I'm going to get even the slightest improvement in power, and will accept the fact may it be true that putting UEL on my car might decrease power. I'm only after the sound.
Remember, I'm not allowed to drive a turbo vehicle until I get off my green p's.

IMO headers on an NA sound truck-like.
Nothing beats the sound on a turbo'd motor especially when driven in anger but a NA can't get the same agro sound.
When I bought my gen3 it had UEL headers on it. I couldn't wait to get rid of them so I swqapped it out for a B4 system which flows exceptionally for an NA and retained the quiet cabin.
People just want to run you when you sound like a WRX and if you can't back it up with some form of power then you are no more than than the thing we all hate the most. A Lancer driver.
If you want the rumble get a turbo car and if you are on your L's......P's (whatever), my advice is wait.
Is it just me or is there a lot of ricer Noobs on here ATM.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#63 Scooby-Doo

Scooby-Doo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:24 AM

Oh come on man dont go knocking my massive bolt on rearwing and my hot pink undercar neons...

#64 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:56 AM

Maybe I don't want to go fast and race lancer drivers and have a turbo pssshhh like the big whizzer. But if it really sounds that bad and your suggesting that I shouldn't then that's absolutely ok. I appreciate the input you have. It's really to each their own. Alot of people HATE skyline tryhards. That are fully sick. But alot of people LOVE them. If I get them and I like them and want to stick with them than that's great! If I get them and absolutely hate them and can't wait to get them off my car, than it's not the end of the world.
If I want to eventually do an engine conversion and have turbo I might hate that then blame all the guys on here for encouraging me to do something like that, or I could really like it and never want to drive a NA car again.
Yes the outbacks slow
No it's never going to be a race car
You don't know if you like something unless you try it yourself. It's like your mate offers you a lick of his ice cream. He says it tastes REALLY good. I've never taste it before so I'm not sure if it's really that good. It could be sh1t house.

If this makes sense to anyone then great.
Sam
[03.SUBY]

#65 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:54 PM

Maybe I don't want to go fast and race lancer drivers and have a turbo pssshhh like the big whizzer. But if it really sounds that bad and your suggesting that I shouldn't then that's absolutely ok. I appreciate the input you have. It's really to each their own. Alot of people HATE skyline tryhards. That are fully sick. But alot of people LOVE them. If I get them and I like them and want to stick with them than that's great! If I get them and absolutely hate them and can't wait to get them off my car, than it's not the end of the world.
If I want to eventually do an engine conversion and have turbo I might hate that then blame all the guys on here for encouraging me to do something like that, or I could really like it and never want to drive a NA car again.
Yes the outbacks slow
No it's never going to be a race car
You don't know if you like something unless you try it yourself. It's like your mate offers you a lick of his ice cream. He says it tastes REALLY good. I've never taste it before so I'm not sure if it's really that good. It could be sh1t house.

If this makes sense to anyone then great.
Sam

Yea I get what your saying.
However, I'm telling you I've tried the ice-cream and it tastes like sh1t.

#66 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

Yea I get what your saying.
However, I'm telling you I've tried the ice-cream and it tastes like sh1t.

Hahaha sweet. :)

I have been doing alot of thinking. And am really considering selling my car in the next couple of months, and lookig for a good quality turbo liberty or impreza.
But for now, I'm going to save on the headers, and not spend on things that aren't going to do much.
[03.SUBY]

#67 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

Hahaha sweet. :)

I have been doing alot of thinking. And am really considering selling my car in the next couple of months, and lookig for a good quality turbo liberty or impreza.
But for now, I'm going to save on the headers, and not spend on things that aren't going to do much.

Hallelujah, it appears that you have seen the light.
I'm glad your maturity has overriden your primal desire to rice up cars.
Power to you. :drinks:

#68 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

Hi,

It's like your mate offers you a lick of his ice cream.

What?

Cheers,
Nik

#69 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:46 PM

Hi,

What?

Cheers,
Nik

Hahaha!

Posted Image

#70 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:23 PM

Hi,

What?

Cheers,
Nik

As homosexual as that is, it makes sense..
[03.SUBY]

#71 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:27 PM

I'm homosexual. it makes sense..

better.

#72 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:32 PM

Hmm good to see your maturity Alex
[03.SUBY]

#73 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:49 PM

IMO headers on an NA sound truck-like.
Nothing beats the sound on a turbo'd motor especially when driven in anger but a NA can't get the same agro sound.
When I bought my gen3 it had UEL headers on it. I couldn't wait to get rid of them so I swqapped it out for a B4 system which flows exceptionally for an NA and retained the quiet cabin.
People just want to run you when you sound like a WRX and if you can't back it up with some form of power then you are no more than than the thing we all hate the most. A Lancer driver.
If you want the rumble get a turbo car and if you are on your L's......P's (whatever), my advice is wait.
Is it just me or is there a lot of ricer Noobs on here ATM.

So many stereotypes.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#74 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:06 AM

Nick (AussieYemplar),I've heard some okay exhausts on N/A EJ's, but you can tell straight away it's N/a because the lack of a high compression note. I wouldn't throw money away on UEL headers, I think that GEN 1 RS idea is a gem though.

Sam, I bought a Civic, I saw your civic, mine looks like the one in my pic, just clean and neat, I'll sell it for a profit, your's looked like you watched too much Fast and Furious, please don't spray the Outback neon green.

Frank, there's no influx of ricers, the caliper painters have always been around, it's just there will always be a divide in between Open Licence and P-platers on here. I'm about off my P's and I thought i'd be busting to get a GT/WRX, but lately I've been thinking N/A h6 or Beemer, go figure, get off my p's and buy another N/a, even driving the STi around every now and then isn't enough to tempt me too invest in boxer boost nirvana.

All in all, N/a subaru's sound decent with a good exhaust, nothing too big, and don't hate on those who want their n/a too sound more aggressive.

And don't try the icecream, apparently.

If thy tint is dark and thy wheels are black thou car be declared b11tchin'

So you can run it on 6psi with an rx fuel pump? :P

#75 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:17 AM

Mate that cars sitting out the back of my old mans place. I couldn't get rid of that thing fast enough. I couldn't give that piece of crud away.
But it went good for an 80s model vehicle.
Never again.

I too am looking at some 318 beemers. As well as an Audi 1.8t. Golf gti etc. So many options out there though.

I want to modify my vehicles the right way. I don't want to be a ricer. I drive along the highway and see a 350 boss hood and racing stripes on an el fairmont and have a chuckle.
Thanks lads for talking me out of wasting my money.... Again.
:)
Cheers
Sam

I like fast and furious!
[03.SUBY]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users