#21 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:13 AM

I don't think Alex read the part under my thread title "isheep need not reply".. :P

KEEP OUT.

I was really impressed with the galaxy S, but the issue for me is, that it has no LED flash on the back.. that's a pretty big FAIL in my opinion.. The US got the same phone, but called the "ACE" and it is identical to the galaxy S except that it actually has a LED flash on it! go figure.

My favourite reason for Android is simple... iTunes can rot in hell..

Download one of the hundreds of Mp3 apps from the market, and download songs directly to your phone, and within seconds it's in your media library!.. want a youtube video? download one of the hundreds of Youtube downloader apps.. Turn by turn Nav? in-built and for free, Wifi hotspot? Bah! apple just released that last week.. Android has been sporting hotspot functionality for a year, Want a ringtone? cut the song where you want it, and save it instantly as a ringtone / message tone on the fly!, don't like the media player? download another one!, want to use iTunes? download the free itunes sync to android.

Fanboi's will be fanboi's.. I've had the 3g, and now also through work the i4.. so I can actually make an un-biased opinion in saying that iOS and Apple are a joke, BUT make fantastic looking phones, and also phenomenal video recording / photo's.. that is where it ends. You can argue "why don't you Jailbreak it" - What for?? why should you have to go around what your god Steve Jobs gave you to get what you want? but then cry foul when someone bags out iOS?

/rant.

#22 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:09 AM

So back on topic, looks like Xperia Arc is coming out on Monday next week.. I might take the plunge.. HDMI out has won me over.. That and SD card functionality..

#23 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:32 AM

G'day.

Just here for the housekeeping. Vacuum cleaner has been busy, lots of crap to clean :)

Keep it nice and on topic please boys :)

#24 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:35 AM

Samsung has hdmi hdtv output too via micro usb adapter fyi
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#25 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:26 PM

Can't see how the quality can be maintained through a micro USB adaptor.
I base that skepticism on absolutely no information. Just seems a little odd to me.
TSM

#26 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:37 PM

Samsung has hdmi hdtv output too via micro usb adapter fyi

it does.. it's actually both conenctions in one.. the port is shaped between micro USB and Mini HDMI.. pretty cool!

4.3inch is just a little too big.. and to give it credit, it is the thinnest phone at the moment.. 0.60 thinner than the Arc!

Spewing HTC hasn't released anything worthwhile yet..

#27 tkboi

tkboi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:25 PM

well i had both the x10 and samsung galaxy s and all i can say is samsung is better full stop. but for the new ones i want to get the xperia arc over the samsung galaxy 2 mainly coz it looks crazy but knowing sony and their software development world, there might be issues. both phones have easy as root compabilities *samsung is easier to root more stuff to play around with* and if you dont know what root is learn XD best thing you can do to the android phones you are missing a whole different world if you dont know how to root the android phones.

#28 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:38 PM

Yeah well.. Sony learnt the hard way about not releasing updates, so I'm cozy in saying they will flow better than the x10, but if you want custom ROM's, SE hard lock the bootloader, no good for cyanogen or clockwork mods/roms..

Prob best getting Nexus S, or anything HTC..

#29 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:47 PM

This thing looks alright..

Posted Image
Samsung i9100 Galaxy S II 16GB.

The Galaxy S II will run the latest Android 2.3 Gingerbread and powered by 1.0 GHz dual-core processor along with HSPA+, Bluetooth 3.0, and 802.11 a/b/g/n WiFi.

The Samsung Galaxy S II will feature a 4.3" WVGA touchscreen that uses the next generation Super AMOLED plus technology. All of this will be packed into less than 9 mm of thickness, which would make it one of the thinnest phones ever made.

Galaxy S II will be capable of recording 1080p Full HD video through its 8MP camera on the back. The superphone will have a RAM of 1GB with the internal storage of 16GB / 32 GB expandable up to 32GB via microSD card.

#30 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:59 PM

Just got the Samsung Galaxy 5 on a cap plan. Arrives monday. Should be good.
TSM

#31 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:07 PM

Was reading some reveiws ok the GalaxyS 2, looks very cool. 8.something mm thick, huge screen, 1080P video recording.

Ships from May 1st.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#32 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:17 PM

Linky?

I've never owned an Android phone. What should I expect?
TSM

#33 Jordan

Jordan

Jordyshore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:56 PM

Just sold my iphone 3g, getting a galaxy S on the weekend :)

Jordan - MY02 Forester GT - Sydney

#34 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:00 PM

Linky?

LINK

Just sold my iphone 3g, getting a galaxy S on the weekend :)

Hold out till May if you can, get the series 2. Read the link above I just posted.

#35 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:13 PM

That s2 reminds me of a Ipod nano or something.
TSM

#36 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:15 PM

Posted Image ? Posted Image

#37 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:43 PM

Haha, must have just been the lighting in the picture.
TSM

#38 Jordan

Jordan

Jordyshore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:39 PM

Anyone selling an unlocked Galaxy S here?

Jordan - MY02 Forester GT - Sydney

#39 KaizenJay

KaizenJay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:13 PM

Hey there!

I have seen a fair few of the current marquis Android phones and i Have had 2 myself.

I started with an X10i Xperia, i had read up on the OS version not beingupdated but it was sold to me with promise 3 mobile was going to release the update ASAP but yeah.... never happened until march this year. Also the phone itself started heating up something crazy even when i had all apps turned off and running as just a base phone no 3G perks. 3 refused to repair it, voided my warranty so i wrote a letter to my friends at the TIO and they issued 3 a notice saying fix, replace or give an alternate phone. Which they gave me a HTC Desire HD (YAY!)

I can not swear by this phone any more and it has been fantastic since i got it. Has Froyo soon to be Gingerbread, HTC sense is without a doubt the best stock branded Android version out and the issue about the battery is actually just a small glitch in the settings. As stupid as it sounds to fix the battery issue go into settings, developer settings (i think it is called) and turn USB De-Bugging on. Stupid as it sounds that was the fix to the issue and my battery life went from 5 hours to a day and a bit of life.

My experience with other android phones:

Galaxy S: Is basically what samsung made as a mockery of the iOS. It does have lags on occasion switching screens, performing animations etc but they are a really nice phone to use. Really fast at getting updates out to the consumers as well.

Nexus S: If the very base model is what you are chasing with no added crap that the other companies like SE, HTC, Samsung, LG have then this bad boy is the one for you. It is just the root installed version with teh few addons your phone service provider has. slightly disappointing on some specs like the camera but beggars cant be choosers.

Xperia Arc: Havent really had much of a look but on the Ausdroid website the admins of that had a go with the arc and they say it is a damn sight better than what the X10a/i was and a massive step forward in android technology.

Android phones are all built with different intentions so its just what it comes down to in our preferences. The HTC desire HD was perfect for me as it is media intensive and i loves me some nice media phones! Just do some research and right down a list of what is most important to you in a phone then research the goods and bads of all the models.

Enjoy! =D

Jay

#40 2003rx

2003rx

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:59 PM

Im using the galaxy s at the moment and it is awesome and much lighter than the new iphone. !!

Im using the galaxy s at the moment and it is awesome and much lighter than the new iphone. !!
EJ25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users