• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#41 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:13 AM

I just picked up a desire hd and the battery life is insanely bad. Just tried the above fix, will check out how the next charge lasts.

Love the phone otherwise.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#42 Jordan

Jordan

Jordyshore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:17 AM

I just picked up a desire hd and the battery life is insanely bad. Just tried the above fix, will check out how the next charge lasts.

Love the phone otherwise.

Get an app in the market called Super Task Killer, Then use the widget on your homescreen. Kills unused apps. Best way to preserve battery IMO.

Jordan - MY02 Forester GT - Sydney

#43 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:31 PM

I've been using a Nexus S since January. Best phone I have ever owned or used. Having said that, the camera is a piece of ****. I have the AMOLED version, not the crap LC version Vodafone is selling - if you're going to get one get it from Mobicity in QLD, I believe they're the only place in Aus selling the AMOLED version. I don't get what all the fuss is about it 'only' having 16GB of memory, do you seriously need more than that at any one time?
I've put my Nexus side by side with a Galaxy S and the SGS was sloooowwwwwwwwwwww. Would definitely need a custom ROM to remove all the Samsung crap to make it worthwhile in my opinion, but the camera is very good.

In my opinion, if you want the best out of Android then vanilla is the best.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#44 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:09 PM

Well on the flip side, I'm about to shell out for the new Acer Iconia A500 tab. 32 gig / wifi and most importantly, flash loving Honeycomb 3.0!

True web surfing, divx out of the box, USB connection and HDMI out.. With room for a 32gb sd card.

Win & win & more win

Don't need a 3G version as A) waste of money B )don't wanna pay for another data plan, and C) android has had hotspot ever since froyo 2.2

#45 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:53 PM

Where are you getting it from and how much Brendan? I was looking at getting a xoom from the states, but the Iconia looks good too, and cheaper.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

#46 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

Samsung Galaxy S2 looks nice, I would be keen to hear peoples experiences with this phone !

#47 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:54 PM

Where are you getting it from and how much Brendan? I was looking at getting a xoom from the states, but the Iconia looks good too, and cheaper.

Ebay.. I was bidding on one, and thanking god that I lost..

Check out the Asus EEE Pad Transformer.. I WANT this but without the keyboard..

it's so far been reviewed as making everyone that tried the Xoom, start loving Android and tablets again.

#48 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:25 PM

Yeah I'm hearing bad things about the Xoom... Why not the Acer any more?

#49 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

Yeah I'm hearing bad things about the Xoom... Why not the Acer any more?

Acer is still good, just didn't get the same wrap that the Asus did.. I've been trolling the web looking for reviews on all honeycomb tabs, and so far this one is rated the best on many reputable sites.. including a youtube review by "John4Lakers" (the guy from technobuffalo)

#50 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:03 PM

Found an app in the Marketplace that connects/reads/creates/edits my google docs, pretty stoked....couldn't find one on my iphone.

#51 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:56 PM

Google just released a Google Docs app ;)

#52 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:47 PM

Google just released a Google Docs app ;)

...for eye phones or in general?

EDIT: Just searched the itunes store on g/f eyephone, no such app.

#53 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:07 AM

Was talking about for Android phones, since this is an android specific thread :P

#54 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

...for eye phones or in general?

EDIT: Just searched the itunes store on g/f eyephone, no such app.

ROFL.. keep searching it will be there somewhere, amongst the 80,000 fart soundboard apps.

#55 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:09 PM

Got the Mrs an Iconia. Awesome little machine, no complaints so far. Build quality is awesome, and Gingerbread is fantastic. But we already knew that :D

#56 Shadoxity

Shadoxity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

I have a HTC Desire Z (with the hardware keyboard)
Couldnt live without my buttons :P

Love these phones, its my 2nd android phone and they pelt the iphones at the wall, grab their mangled crack screen body and wipe the floor with them!

Get on to http://www.xda-developers.com for custom roms and rom upgrades and what not :)Awesome site

#57 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

So I thought I'd update you all a little on what's happening, after further investigation and reviews I bit the bullet and got the Acer iconia tab

Man I haven't had technology bring a smile to my face like this in ages. It is fantastic.

Using it to type this post right now on my tegra 2 powered slate!!!

#58 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

It's good eh Brendan. Biggest thing that surprised me was the battery life, went for about 10 hours on the first charge. Awesome little unit.

#59 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:53 PM

you got one too!??

man, the thing that got me was how great it looks and feels.. and the speed is unbelievable..

I've already got the FREE apps needed :)

Moboplayer was first for my .avi's

and to top it off, Honeycomb 3.1 with USB host function is coming out next month for it too.. so I can plug my DSLR directly in and dump the pics.

and go the dolby sound on this thing too!

#60 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:56 PM

Yeah got one for the girlfriend after her laptop died, got sick of her stealing mine... The build quality is pretty incredible I have to say. I'm tempted to buy myself one as soon as I can think of a good excuse :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users