• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:04 PM

mine had a 390cca battery when I got it.. now I have a 440 and that has been going strong for ages. Is mine bigger ? want me to bring it around ?

Mine says CCA 305 RA 45. Its a Century battery and i've had it for ever since i got it.

is the higher the number the better?

edit: ahh, thanks for the explination mate. battery replacement, then maybe that will solve my alarm issues.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#22 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:10 PM

We have battery world

Stuff goes here

#23 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:44 PM

Is an Odyssey try cell battery in the budget?
http://www.odysseybatteries.com/
TSM

#24 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:52 PM

odyssey isnt as good as optima...

#25 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:54 PM

Well lardy daa. Its the only one I could think of :D.
TSM

#26 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:25 AM

Dude, hit the Autowatch systems, Very reliable, has turbo timer built in too.. best option to go for, Mongoose, Rhino, Black Widow, are all cheap garbage alarms. And as for Batteries, im currently using a Ford Fairlane Ghia battery, massive biarch meant for a fully optioned boat of a car, 500+ CCA, can't remember the exact number.. does the trick though

#27 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:00 AM

Mongoose, Rhino, Black Widow, are all cheap garbage alarms.

I'd like to see you explain this one further...

#28 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:04 AM

Basically dude, from what I have seen on most of these alarms (also missed "repeller" alarms), they are very prone to false alarms, malfunctions and general "shitting themselves", Cyclops alarms are probably the cheapest and the best for the money that you pay. I have seen alot of these alarms, where the keypads fall apart from poor workmanship, the actual back-up batteries don't back up, and most of them are wired to work only off the interior light to warn on entry of the car. Most of these models aren't all black wired making them easy as to check which wire is what and do a trace. I have seen the sirens on countless Mongoose alarms being damaged by water, where they claim that they are waterproof. Alot of these alarms also use "microwave" sensors, which will give off constant false alarms from things like a cat walking under the car, or leaving a mobile phone for 5 mins in the centre console. I make my calls based on my own views of what I have seen.. sorry If I have annoyed someone if you just payed a fortune for the above listed alarms, but I would never own any of the above, even if I had a Gemini.

#29 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:50 AM

Well said Brendan, and as much as I agree with you on some counts, I disagree with you on other counts. At the end of the day, regardless of which alarm you have, If the thieves really want your car, they'll take it. Alarms only slow them down somewhat. As long as the alarm I have is insurance compliant (which it is) I'm a happy chappy! It's just a car, if its gone, its gone. As long as I get my cash back from the insurance company, that's all that matters to me Having an alarm that's easy to live with is a bonus (which my new mongoose is :))

#30 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:11 AM

thus is true my friend, at the end of the day they can always tow the prick away!, and as long as I never see it again, Im happy, show me the money!

#31 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:21 AM

Thanks Brendan, i'll check out the autowatch system then. Hopefully I can find someone to stock/install it over here. Thanks for your other comments guy's, very helpful :)

#32 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:48 AM

found a place,, hehe

http://www.albertsmy...r_security.html

#33 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:46 PM

found a place,, hehe

Sweet! Only just down the road from me too, cheers!

#34 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:58 PM

Now I know where you live! MUAHAHAHAH!! :ph34r:

#35 Joe

Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:28 PM

*touch wood* my factory brant is working fine...i dont have any problems with it...

#36 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:48 PM

Basically dude,

from what I have seen on most of these alarms (also missed "repeller" alarms), they are very prone to false alarms, malfunctions and general "shitting themselves",

Cyclops alarms are probably the cheapest and the best for the money that you pay.

I have seen alot of these alarms, where the keypads fall apart from poor workmanship, the actual back-up batteries don't back up, and most of them are wired to work only off the interior light to warn on entry of the car.

Most of these models aren't all black wired making them easy as to check which wire is what and do a trace.

I have seen the sirens on countless Mongoose alarms being damaged by water, where they claim that they are waterproof.

Alot of these alarms also use "microwave" sensors, which will give off constant false alarms from things like a cat walking under the car, or leaving a mobile phone for 5 mins in the centre console.

I make my calls based on my own views of what I have seen.. sorry If I have annoyed someone if you just payed a fortune for the above listed alarms, but I would never own any of the above, even if I had a Gemini.

Brenda im sorry bro but as Alex said and i second it i agree in some cases in most i dont, a mongoose is all black wiring in almost every alarm that they do except the central locking wires are colour coded. no siren is waterproof thats why if you read the instructions they tell you to cover it. now if u leave a mobile phone or a cat walks past the f**ker then just turn down the sensativity of the microwave sensor and shock sensor its that simple....ive been installing mongoose alarms for about 5 years now and ive honestly had one come back and that was the battery in the remote when flat replaced that and its still going strong. and aftermarket car alarms are designed to work for about 5 or so years and then they f**k up as its only small conntacts for the imobiliser and stuff like that....

then again $700 or so to have one supplyed and fitted is not that much when it stops a little 15 year old to steal your car. but if a pro like me wants it then no alarm will stop them, as i chop a faulty alarm espsh the rhinos in 30 seconds flat and i take $100 to do it...

But Brenda i know why u dont like these brands its coz u dont like your car and u want it gone hehbehehehe J/K bro, just some insight into alarms here B)

*touch wood* my factory brant is working fine...i dont have any problems with it...

yeah touch wood that its working just like mine.... :D

#37 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:49 PM

found a place,, hehe

They're the guys I was telling you to go see :)

Sweet! Only just down the road from me too, cheers!

10 mins down the road (oh noes I gavezit aways)

Stuff goes here

#38 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:05 PM

What, are you going to steal my car that I can't start? phfft :P

*touch wood*

Ahahaha - funny out of context.

They're the guys I was telling you to go see :)

O ya, I will see them during the week.

Just a progress report, i charged the battery overnight and the car started straight away. It prompted for a code, it accepted the mastercode and now my normal code is back.

Weird. Just to make things more interesting it re-enabled the anti-hijack *sigh*

Can anyone remember what the number is to disable anti-hijack? hold down #1?

#39 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:11 PM

Fark man. I'd hold the f*cker down with a hammer!? Several times even.
TSM

#40 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:50 PM

What, are you going to steal my car that I can't start? phfft :P

Ahahaha - funny out of context.

O ya, I will see them during the week.

Just a progress report, i charged the battery overnight and the car started straight away. It prompted for a code, it accepted the mastercode and now my normal code is back.

Weird. Just to make things more interesting it re-enabled the anti-hijack *sigh*

Can anyone remember what the number is to disable anti-hijack? hold down #1?

1 is 10 starts, i can have a look in the manual what that is,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users