• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 20inch

20inch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:13 AM

I got my defects cleared this morning. To answer the questions of the genuinely interesed.... I keep getting done for modified air intake, front mount intercooler,and things on my engineers cert, exhaust, wheels and suspension rarely get picked up. As for who keeps pulling me over, from my experience CASTLE HILL if they decide to defect you can be pretty il-informed...windsor area are the same but there are more cops there.... Hornsby usually doesnt care about defects i never get pulled over by cops driving behind, next to me etc.... Its the luck of the draw at the end of the day with police but some areas i find are more likely to ping you.

Edited by Dylan, 25 November 2009 - 11:54 PM.
cleaned up post.

#62 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:42 AM

Hmm interesting. I guess if you changed number plates though, the bad history would not follow you.. Maybe something to think about - or put that plate on a Hiace or something ha ha ha :)

Yeah, Xon is the computer-hide-behinder According to Arex :D

No more.

This applies to all of you.

Keep it on topic. If I have to clean this thread up there will be penalties handed out to offenders. No more off topic posts will mean I don't need to clean it up. It has gone on for too long and stupid arguments are not welcomed here.

Thanks,

Dylan

#63 20inch

20inch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:12 AM

I changed my plates on my old car....and it DID get rid of a blacklisting .the car needed a random rta inspection twice a year....!!! forget that i changed the plates!! dont think they thought that one through! Also sometimes cops write in messy handwriting what the defects are...usually they arent processed....so best thing to do to see what IS processed is go to the rta get a computer printed version,,,you may find the list of things to clear be considerabley smaller than first issued!!!

Edited by Dylan, 25 November 2009 - 11:54 PM.
cleaned up post

#64 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:19 AM

I changed my plates on my old car....and it DID get rid of a blacklisting .the car needed a random rta inspection twice a year....!!! forget that i changed the plates!! dont think they thought that one through!

Also sometimes cops write in messy handwriting what the defects are...usually they arent processed....so best thing to do to see what IS processed is go to the rta get a computer printed version,,,you may find the list of things to clear be considerabley smaller than first issued!!!

Wow, interesting stories and good advice. I haven't heard of that happening before but is good to know. Hopefully I won't even have any of these defect problems :)

#65 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:05 AM

What did you get defected for?!?

Edited by Dylan, 25 November 2009 - 11:53 PM.
cleaned up post

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#66 20inch

20inch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:28 PM

To answer the questions of the genuinely interesed....
I keep getting done for modified air intake, front mount intercooler,and things on my engineers cert, exhaust, wheels and suspension rarely get picked up.

Its all there what keep getting done for

#67 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:23 PM

To answer the questions of the genuinely interesed....
I keep getting done for modified air intake, front mount intercooler,and things on my engineers cert, exhaust, wheels and suspension rarely get picked up.

Do u keep ur engineers cert in the car with u? If all those things are on ur cert then really the cops shouldnt be defecting u for those things thats the whole reason behind getting a engineers cert to make it legal... That is all.

#68 20inch

20inch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:00 PM

as ive said before they dont defect the stuff on the engineers cert,(sometimes they try) what they do defect (closed pod filter) air intake/fmic etc just gets passed as ive done it legally .stays on. Keep the cert on me at all times of course....

#69 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:02 PM

as ive said before they dont defect the stuff on the engineers cert,(sometimes they try) what they do defect (closed pod filter) air intake/fmic etc just gets passed as ive done it legally .stays on. Keep the cert on me at all times of course....

Make your car legal = Win

#70 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

It's funny I found this thread, I am digging it up. But I had to share.

I just got a minor defect tonight, For my right headlight being out. It blew today but I didn't bother rushing to the shop as I thought it wouldn't matter and knew I had one somewhere at home.

But happen to be in civic to pick up my missus and all the new ACT recruits are out and one defected me for it. I didnt think it was possible, I would have thought it would be a warning or something?

I could understand if I was acting cocky but I wasn't. I just thought i was being pulled over for a RBT......

#71 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

Nice thread to dig up!

I was actually thinking about defects today while driving. Truth is, if they want to defect you, they will. Even if everything is technically legal, they will find something. Thats why its better to remain stealthy in modifications, even if they are legal.

Just curious, how much are the fines that accompany a defect?

#72 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

Don't talk to me about defects.

Me at 5:49..
3 demerit points later, EPA notice, $800 in fines..

ending up selling the car they defected me so badly I couldn't afford to fix it.

little things like only one windscreen washer spraying.. windscreen washer fluid low.. oil leaks.. led parker light instead of a bulb.. having projectors instead of sealed beam..

it's only cause the car was old.. i feel sorry if a fresh p-plater who inherited his grandmas 1985 camry got pulled over and defected.. they legit had about 9 people looking over my car up and down a hoist!

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#73 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

^^^ What car did you get defected in? The Liberty?

#74 R-Y

R-Y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Rugby league, surfing, cars, music (Rise Against)

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

Check that video out at about 2 mins in. That blue 'subaru' is not a subaru haha

#75 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

Subi / Evo = same. NOT you fuctards

#76 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

Im in the ACT, So I just got a minor defect notice and have to take it somewhere to get it checked. But not sure if I have to pay the place I take it to. As all they will be doing is looking to see if the light bulb works....

I don't have anything really done to my car, It's the first time I have got been pulled over for it. Its slightly lowered with different rims and that is all.

Though as I was leaving a car with a fart cannon pulled in and the cop did a quick u-turn to go pull him over.

#77 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

Cops seem to be out in force at the moment in canberra though! RBTs everywhere!

#78 R-Y

R-Y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Rugby league, surfing, cars, music (Rise Against)

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

Plenty of infrastructure being built these days, revenue raising needs to come from some where. What better way to do it then to fine our already over taxed and over tolled mototrists. Pat yourself on the back and give youself a raise Politicans, thanks for giving nob head highway patrol men more of an excuse to be a prick

'End rant.'

#79 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

^^^ What car did you get defected in? The Liberty?

Red beamer.

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#80 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

The entire time I have been driving (20+ years coz Im a old forker) I have always driven modified cars, whether it be wheels, suspension, engine, exhaust, brakes or a combination of all of the above.

None of the cars attracted undue attention and I never copped any dramas when I was pulled over. I believe this was due to following a few simple rules.
  • I never went overboard with the mods, never too low or too loud. ( I prefer mods that cannot be seen as they present a greater challenge)
  • I never gave the cops attitude
  • I always kept the cars in top mechanical condition
  • I always kept the cars in a neat and tidy appearance
Simple really.

I have only been defected once, for rust (in a modified Gemini with a hot G180 in it). The cop was not really interested in the mods and even commented on how well the rest of the car had been maintained. I drove this car knowing full well that if it was inspected, it would fail.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users