#42 Ericmcg

Ericmcg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:05 PM

mostly i think it was because jarrod is a crap driver... HI JARROD!!! *waves*

but totally agree with you walts, cut springs = fail
not as much fail as a turbo timer on a Naturally aspirated car though.

Cut springs = choppy ride=fail

Haha on the turbo timer on an N/A car, but heres a really epic fail, i was in the shop that i get all my car stuff from on Saturday and a guy came in and asked for a blow off valve/ dump valve for his na civic, he said his mate got one put on his impreza and he wanted one that would go whoosh when he changed gear. Nearly pissed myself laughing... :sarcastic:
Posted Image Posted Image

#43 lebspec_liberty

lebspec_liberty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Working on cars in general<br />Cruising

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:05 PM

my springs arent cut they are superlows and the rears are compressed.. so research before u start accusing.. oh and i get comments with how nice my car sits from old blokes to p platers.. sorry my car isnt the same to all ur cars thats wat makes the car scene good.. if everybodys car looked the same there wouldnt be any point of modding them.. go to auto salon not 1 car is the same.. ill try to find pics of my car on the track..and post em
LEB SPEC Gen 2 Rx AWD
Jap Spec EJ25 - 6000k hid kit headlights and fog lights - Leather interior - 18" incubus rims - Super low suspension - Turbo Bonnet - 2.5 inch catback with cannon - front mounted 6x9"s connected to amp - 2 x 12" fusion subs - Pioneer head deck. + turbo timer just because i had one lol

#44 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:41 PM

Time to play nice fella's. Each to their own. Let's just move on.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#45 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:37 AM

my springs arent cut they are superlows and the rears are compressed.. so research before u start accusing..

so apart from your springs being compressed (worse than cutting IMHO), what other suspension modifications (i use the term loosely here) have you got?

you have my undivided attention here.

#46 lebspec_liberty

lebspec_liberty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Working on cars in general<br />Cruising

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:19 AM

bump steer kit i dont need sway bars as i hardly ever race around and shit and only went on the track for more of a cruise with my mates in nissan skylines 200sx 180sx falcons civic mr2 and a mix of cars.. seriously does it matter wat ive donr to my car?? im driving it not u so stop trying to be some guy who thinks he knows everything by sitting on a computer reading forums how bout u learn about cars by actually doing the work urself and stop having a go at ppl on the net coz its really showing how much of an adult u are.. just grow the fork up and get over it
LEB SPEC Gen 2 Rx AWD
Jap Spec EJ25 - 6000k hid kit headlights and fog lights - Leather interior - 18" incubus rims - Super low suspension - Turbo Bonnet - 2.5 inch catback with cannon - front mounted 6x9"s connected to amp - 2 x 12" fusion subs - Pioneer head deck. + turbo timer just because i had one lol

#47 Ericmcg

Ericmcg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:55 AM

Hahahaha
Could be.
Early 40s is not old, is it??? Posted Image

Not quite 40 yet mate, still have 3 months before i go over the top of that hill....
Posted Image Posted Image

#48 hawks_123

hawks_123

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:57 AM

Wow i thought this was supposed to be a fun site :nea: I like the look of your car, although i'd probebly get a sore back from all the bumps ;) But hey if you like it who cares.
If it's broke use a cable tie.

#49 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:15 AM

bump steer kit i dont need sway bars as i hardly ever race around and shit and only went on the track for more of a cruise with my mates in nissan skylines 200sx 180sx falcons civic mr2 and a mix of cars..

seriously does it matter wat ive donr to my car?? im driving it not u so stop trying to be some guy who thinks he knows everything by sitting on a computer reading forums how bout u learn about cars by actually doing the work urself and stop having a go at ppl on the net coz its really showing how much of an adult u are.. just grow the fork up and get over it

With a poor attitude like that, and you're still scratching your head as to why the police pull you over?

I asked a legitimate question. I have my car setup rather well for handling and intend on hitting a track soon. You stated that you've taken your own car on a track, so I was curious as to what other mods you have done apart from your shitty springs.

It matters because its a Subaru site, and people like to share knowledge.

You think I'm having a go at you?

Sheesh, you're really that paranoid?

Stop beating at your chest you ego maniac. You're a sickent, aren't ya?

#50 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:18 AM

I have my car setup rather well for handling and intend on hitting a track soon.

You would pretty much be whitelines number 1 shareholder by now wouldnt you Alex :P

#51 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:58 PM

You would pretty much be whitelines number 1 shareholder by now wouldnt you Alex :P

i think cruisn has that under his belt ha ha.

completly off topic but after reading all of the above i think i'll actually put some $$ into suspension :)

whats a bump steer kit? is it like smaller bump stops?

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#52 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:19 PM

whats a bump steer kit? is it like smaller bump stops?

Errr....no.
Of topic again, but bump steer is when the car will change direction (steer itself) when it hits a bump.
I have no idea what is involved with the kit :unsure:

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#53 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

Still off topic... maybe mods could move last couple posts to susp. forum? Bump steer kit = tie rod end & ball joint http://www.whiteline...t_number=KCA313

#54 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:57 PM

The useful ones moved. Off topic/useless will be deleted.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#55 20inch

20inch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:13 AM

i get defected pretty much once a month....usually for the same things unless ive put a new modification on which they dont like... but they have started to notice the "defects" in their eyes i have which if i might add are legal modifications! are the same every time i get pulled over -(on their car computer?), a cop recently threatened me with being taken to court for repeatedly fitting defects after clearing which he thinks i am getting cleared on the dodgy, but the blue slip guy knows way more than the majority of police ever would on the matter...and clears them as they are NULL AND VOID defects i.e they dont exist...so yeah threatens to take me to court lol (sounds like a bluff) and another said hes gonna red sticker me if he catches me with the same defects again...this is more likely.... ive learnt alot over the years....there will never be a book with black and white print on what you can and cant get away with....it depends on so many things....quality of modification, amount of modifications, your record, your hook ups (blue slip guys) etc..if you see someone running a pod filter and FMIC and never get done...dont expect the same treatment unless you are connected and i dont mean dodgy slips i mean knowledgeable blue slip guys....some are as bad as some of the police out there!!! !!! NO LIE ..also ,ive got over the bite your tounge be nice to the officers this really only applies to noobs who cant afford to get r4ped...there are a lot of you out there though so it is good advice to do so!..... i know whats defectable on my car,,,,,i show them when they go on the hunt with the flash light ...to stop wasting my time... they try to get me for other stuff, they fail, i win. Usually an un-educated (in car modifications that is) cop throws in a defect which is null so i just clear that easy...i dont expect them to know everything, their confident attitude is what shits me and i just tell them flat out...no.wrong.heres why. I fully accept my defect notices, a small price to pay in my opinion.Comes with the territory....also my rta approved engineers cert helps alot too ;)

#56 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:22 AM

20inch.

Clearly you don't know much about "personal imports"

;)

ADR's? LOL!

Anyways. I don't understand the whole "look at moi" mentality when it comes to car modifications of street cars.

If you want a car that everyone stares at, keep it off the road, and on a trailer.

If you want a car with kick ass mods, why be all attention seeker about it?

You're only going to attract all the WRONG attention (as you have clearly demonstrated).

My car. Looks like a family wagon. Doesn't quite go like a family wagon. NEVER BEEN PULLED OVER IN OVER THREE YEARS OF OWNERSHIP!

#57 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:15 PM

i get defected pretty much once a month....usually for the same things unless ive put a new modification on which they dont like... but they have started to notice the "defects" in their eyes i have which if i might add are legal modifications! are the same every time i get pulled over -(on their car computer?), a cop recently threatened me with being taken to court for repeatedly fitting defects after clearing which he thinks i am getting cleared on the dodgy, but the blue slip guy knows way more than the majority of police ever would on the matter...and clears them as they are NULL AND VOID defects i.e they dont exist...so yeah threatens to take me to court lol (sounds like a bluff) and another said hes gonna red sticker me if he catches me with the same defects again...this is more likely....

ive learnt alot over the years....there will never be a book with black and white print on what you can and cant get away with....it depends on so many things....quality of modification, amount of modifications, your record, your hook ups (blue slip guys) etc..if you see someone running a pod filter and FMIC and never get done...dont expect the same treatment unless you are connected and i dont mean dodgy slips i mean knowledgeable blue slip guys....some are as bad as some of the police out there!!! !!! NO LIE ..also ,ive got over the bite your tounge be nice to the officers this really only applies to noobs who cant afford to get r4ped...there are a lot of you out there though so it is good advice to do so!.....
i know whats defectable on my car,,,,,i show them when they go on the hunt with the flash light ...to stop wasting my time... they try to get me for other stuff, they fail, i win.
Usually an un-educated (in car modifications that is) cop throws in a defect which is null so i just clear that easy...i dont expect them to know everything, their confident attitude is what shits me and i just tell them flat out...no.wrong.heres why.

I fully accept my defect notices, a small price to pay in my opinion.Comes with the territory....also my rta approved engineers cert helps alot too ;)

what do you keep getting defected for?

At one stage polce would make you drive to an RTA inspection, to be completed by a qualified RTA vechile inspector? I dunno of they still do it?

All we can do here is whinge and moan.

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#58 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:12 PM

20inch, what areas of Syd are you getting defected in, be curious to know - or is it all areas?

#59 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:21 PM

Dylan. I think it depends on the ride, not so much the area. Usually people who have been defected multiple times are blacklisted by their numberplates, and it only takes to be spotted driving down the street, only for an officer to pull you over, and give you a going over...

Edited by Dylan, 25 November 2009 - 11:55 PM.
post cleaned up

#60 camoshop

camoshop

camoshop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Art, Tattoos, Bicycles, Cars

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:29 AM

Dylan. I think it depends on the ride, not so much the area. Usually people who have been defected multiple times are blacklisted by their numberplates, and it only takes to be spotted driving down the street, only for an officer to pull you over, and give you a going over...

moving on its true once you have been defected a few times, your plates are recorded on the the system for being known to carry out illegal mods..

so as soon as the police see you driving they think hmmmm whats something else we can defect since :empathy3:the last time

Edited by Dylan, 25 November 2009 - 11:54 PM.
post cleaned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users