83 replies to this topic

#21 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:17 PM

anything other than standard can cop u a defect.. i have been done twice in the 8 months ive had my gen 2
i got done for- too low
-not enough guard clearance - fair enough
-wheels too big they are exact same rolling diameter as standard) - as far as i knew it was nothing to do with rolling diam but rather if you go more than 2in larger
-rear garnish brake lights (shouldnt be connected in australia) should wire them to be fog lights like they are meant to be
, but this is probably cause they are too bright

-exhaust too loud (113db) fair
-exhaust exiting on an angle (same as wrx) - was it cause it was at an angle or it didnt extend past the body?
-amp mounted on parcel tray - This i totally agree with.. have you seen what a tissue box does in a 60km/h crash!
-hid getting brighter as they warm up. (he said theyd be fine if they turned straight on) - is this cause they were too blue on startup.. hope you have these in projectors :P
-customising my dash lights - what did you do to the dash? i was pulled up by the cops recently and they had no problem with mine being RED
-rolled guards - Whaaaa! must be a nsw thing cause vic roads states it is legal as long as there are no sharp or protruding edges
-gear knob this is just BS and i know a few people now that have got done for it.. i recon you should just use whiteout!
-painted brake calipers - this is another WHAAAAAAT moment.. were you being a cock or do the cops up there hate you lol unless it was a full dodgey ghetto job i cant see this standing up
-aerial not working..(disconected as i dont like it up) - seriously what are you doing up there??? i cant find that listed as a defect anywhere!
-having the japspec fog lights connected correct as we are not alowed to have more than 3 sets of foward facing lights
-having extractors (but they are standard headers)
-not enough undercar clearance..(apparently different to too low)
-performace air filter (its stock standard panel filter)did you totally get stripped down for drugs also? you really must be in their sights man.. also its not illegal as long as its not a modified airbox or a pod filter for P platers

and have been warned about badging the rear of my car as to in an emergency ppl wont know what kinda car it is.. figure that one out.. (this i actually know the reasoning for.. i think it is bugeye rex that has extra reinforcement in the side of the car between front and rear doors and there were a few issues where the Jaws of life were unable to split the car to extract the ocupants.. as such subaru actually released documents pertaining to how to open the car effectivly with the jaws... this was a big one as a few people actually died being caught in their cars.

so ppl you havnt been hassled but be nice to the cop and he'll most probably let u go as ive had my cal like this since december and only defected twice.. but pulled over at least every weekend.. not that i have anything defectable but im glad i dont live where you do.. cops sound like wanks out there.. unless you have been flagged (which it sounds like tbh)

ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#22 Ericmcg

Ericmcg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:46 PM

I cant see why the laws over there are so anti car culture, properly modified cars are probably some of the best looked after and mechanically sound on the road. I have had my negative run ins with cops over my cars for years because i have never had a car that i did'nt modify, in some cases its a jealous cop who sees a nicer car than his and it pisses him off. But i have been stopped by cops who are really into their cars as well and all they wanted to do was have a good nosey around, i have even been asked where i have got certain parts so they can get them for their cars. At the moment the only main things they will hassle you for over here is after market steering wheels(if it has no airbag), window tints to dark in front side windows(must allow in more than 20% daylight) and exhaust too loud, this one is a bit of a grey area because a cop stopped my last week and said it was to loud, i showed her the pass cert from when it was tested when i got the car in from Japan and she just kind of huffed and walked off.
Posted Image Posted Image

#23 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:33 PM

I agree that SOME modified cars a mechanically sound and very well looked after. Oz has a big car culture with young blokes and this is aligned to the road toll. Young males are disproportionally represented in the road toll so the police try to reel them in a bit. I agree that some cops are just on a power trip or are miss informed (or both) on the regulations relating to modified cars. Im a bit older now but used to get around in a 1970s V8 'muscle car' when I was much younger. The car had bigger wheels and tyres, exhaust and lowered. I had very little trouble with the cops and never got booked for anything except a few speeding tickets. I put this down to the fact that the car was in perfect mechanical condition and was not 'over the top' in any area of modification. If I did get pulled over, I always got out of the car and never gave any attitude or bull shit. If you dont draw attention to yourself, you should have nothing to worry about. J

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#24 Ericmcg

Ericmcg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:50 PM

I agree that SOME modified cars a mechanically sound and very well looked after.
Oz has a big car culture with young blokes and this is aligned to the road toll. Young males are disproportionally represented in the road toll so the police try to reel them in a bit. I agree that some cops are just on a power trip or are miss informed (or both) on the regulations relating to modified cars.
Im a bit older now but used to get around in a 1970s V8 'muscle car' when I was much younger. The car had bigger wheels and tyres, exhaust and lowered. I had very little trouble with the cops and never got booked for anything except a few speeding tickets. I put this down to the fact that the car was in perfect mechanical condition and was not 'over the top' in any area of modification. If I did get pulled over, I always got out of the car and never gave any attitude or bull shit.
If you dont draw attention to yourself, you should have nothing to worry about.
J

Very true. But there are times when they make my blood boil, like when the straight out of training cop pulls me over and starts off by calling me son, or sonny or some crap like that, christ i am nearly 40 and was driving when this kid was still feeding from the tit. If they show me the proper respect then i will show them the proper respect, its just good manners. I have nothing against the police(some of my mates are cops) and i know they put up with a lot of crap on a daily basis but good manners does,nt cost anything.

#25 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:54 PM

Agreed. I have been pulled over by 'a$$hole' cops but I do is bite my tounge and smile.

#26 Ericmcg

Ericmcg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:56 PM

Agreed.
I have been pulled over by 'a$$hole' cops but I do is bite my tounge and smile.

Are we turning into grumpy old men like our dads?????? :dash2:

#27 lebspec_liberty

lebspec_liberty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Working on cars in general<br />Cruising

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:57 PM

if the cop thats defecting u isnt 100% sure about something they write it on the defect and if u know fore sure that its ok dont bother changing it as your blueslip guy will know.. like theres a model wrx that doesnt have the "h"patern on the gearstick from factory and my mate got defected for it but got out of it because he took it to court as its a stock standard gear stick one thing if u sook about a definate defect dont bother driving the car.. i know for a fact that my car has defects but if i get caught for them i dont have a sook i accept it and get the blueslip done.. both times i got defected i was probably driving a bit stupid so i drew the attention to myself but i cruise everyweekend and i will get pulled over and normally just for a rbt and a check under the bonnet then im on my way.. be nice to them and they'll be nice to you.. like my old man has always said.. "you have to show respect to get respect" so if the cop is bein a bit harsh accept it and keep the smle on your face and he'll notice your a decent guy..
LEB SPEC Gen 2 Rx AWD
Jap Spec EJ25 - 6000k hid kit headlights and fog lights - Leather interior - 18" incubus rims - Super low suspension - Turbo Bonnet - 2.5 inch catback with cannon - front mounted 6x9"s connected to amp - 2 x 12" fusion subs - Pioneer head deck. + turbo timer just because i had one lol

#28 buddylove

buddylove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:16 PM

anything other than standard can cop u a defect.. i have been done twice in the 8 months ive had my gen 2
i got done for

-aerial not working..(disconected as i dont like it up)
-having extractors (but they are standard headers)
-performace air filter (its stock standard panel filter)

ok, so let me get this right. you were defected because your aerial wasnt working...... defected for standard headers and a std panel filter among other things right?.... the officer must of really had it in for your or something... we used a wire coat hanger on mums old vl commodore when the aerial busted...

MY07 GT-B 6MT Sedan

#29 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:30 PM

Are we turning into grumpy old men like our dads?????? :dash2:

Hahahaha
Could be.
Early 40s is not old, is it??? :unsure:

#30 lebspec_liberty

lebspec_liberty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:18 AM

ok, so let me get this right. you were defected because your aerial wasnt working...... defected for standard headers and a std panel filter among other things right?....

yes thats right this cop was a real hassle.. he wrote down heaps of shit that would never affaect anything

he defected me for my car being un road worthy but he had the drivers side parker out and the passenger side headlight out that means un roadworthy.. a car wouldnt pass rego in that condition.. im not saying mine is roadworthy.. but wats good enough for us should be good enough for them..
LEB SPEC Gen 2 Rx AWD
Jap Spec EJ25 - 6000k hid kit headlights and fog lights - Leather interior - 18" incubus rims - Super low suspension - Turbo Bonnet - 2.5 inch catback with cannon - front mounted 6x9"s connected to amp - 2 x 12" fusion subs - Pioneer head deck. + turbo timer just because i had one lol

#31 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:06 AM

yes thats right this cop was a real hassle.. he wrote down heaps of shit that would never affaect anything

he defected me for my car being un road worthy but he had the drivers side parker out and the passenger side headlight out that means un roadworthy.. a car wouldnt pass rego in that condition.. im not saying mine is roadworthy.. but wats good enough for us should be good enough for them..

If i was a cop i would defect you too!
You pretty much have no springs!

With that Jap spec EJ25 im surprised they didnt defect it for being to powerful.

#32 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:20 PM

what they didnt defect you for your rear bumper scraping the bitumen??????

If i was a cop i would defect you too!
You pretty much have no springs!

With that Jap spec EJ25 im surprised they didnt defect it for being to powerful.

hahahahahahahahaha. thats a good one yes.

MY07 GT spec B

#33 lebspec_liberty

lebspec_liberty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:44 PM

i dont care if i get defected my car is how i like it.. i dont do my car to suit other people who think there car looks mad and the only way too turn heads is to give it a hit.. if u dont like my car i dont wanna hear ur comments to me theyre worthless and no matter how much you try to put it on me or how many times i get defected its not gonna change.. a defect is a piece of paper i pay $30 for and its cleared without touching the car.. and its back on the road for cruising the next day.. every1 has thier own preferences in cars and mine gets comments and when i park it i come back to it and watch people check it out as they walk past it.. and to me thats all i want is to have a car that turns heads
LEB SPEC Gen 2 Rx AWD

#34 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:00 PM

i dont care if i get defected my car is how i like it.. i dont do my car to suit other people who think there car looks mad and the only way too turn heads is to give it a hit..

if u dont like my car i dont wanna hear ur comments to me theyre worthless and no matter how much you try to put it on me or how many times i get defected its not gonna change.. a defect is a piece of paper i pay $30 for and its cleared without touching the car.. and its back on the road for cruising the next day..

every1 has thier own preferences in cars and mine gets comments and when i park it i come back to it and watch people check it out as they walk past it.. and to me thats all i want is to have a car that turns heads

Its turning heads because people are wondering why it is so low, its impractical and doesnt look good,
Illegal mods aren't the only way to make it a head turner.

You can make your car legal, yet still look good and you wouldnt have this defect problem!

#35 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:30 PM

i just want to see your car on a track. lawlz.

#36 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:31 PM

lol me too, like you said, if it makes it to the track

we need vids too

#37 Cam.

Cam.

OEM+

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:41 PM

Come on guys, Let's play nice :P

Asb2OgK.jpg?1

#38 buddylove

buddylove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:03 PM

my old gen 3 ej25 rx with teins/swaybars/alk and some rex 17"s was only 5 seconds slower then jarrod's 2.0 litre 200kw atw monster gen 2 on morgan park raceway.

Mind you.. he was on ying yang crappy shitehouse tyres, i was really pushing the car to stick to the track and the track really did favour agility over performance. only a few straights.

MY07 GT-B 6MT Sedan

#39 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:05 PM

my old gen 3 ej25 rx with teins/swaybars/alk and some rex 17"s was only 5 seconds slower then jarrod's 2.0 litre 200kw atw monster gen 2.

Mind you.. he was on ying yang crappy shitehouse tyres, i was really pushing the car to stick to the track and the track really did favour agility over performance.

Yeah thats fair enough, yours had an awesome suspension setup! not cut springs!

#40 buddylove

buddylove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:09 PM

Yeah thats fair enough, yours had an awesome suspension setup! not cut springs!

mostly i think it was because jarrod is a crap driver... HI JARROD!!! *waves*

but totally agree with you walts, cut springs = fail
not as much fail as a turbo timer on a Naturally aspirated car though.

MY07 GT-B 6MT Sedan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users