#61 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:24 PM

Wonder how an EJ18 powered Legacy would go LOL.... thankfully the EJ15 and EJ16 were (as far as I know) reserved for the impreza. My mate had an JDM Legacy wagon, Gen 1 and it had the EJ20 DOHC engine in it.

#62 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:11 PM

i did 345km and took 28Ls of fuel, i didnt give it an easy time for a bit of that either ;)

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#63 jak4cars

jak4cars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:43 PM

soop- how did you get worse economy by switching to 98? i only have tried it 2 or 3 times and all times it went very well. i have done alot stuff (servicing and sensors) to my car since that time i tried premium 98 and now on shit fuel aka ethanol or 91 it does more km comparing to that time of me running 98. i'm also saying if you do switch to 98 you will get more economy but the thing is your paying more so in that sence your still stuck at your current fuel consumption vs money spent on fuel rate.

#64 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:25 PM

How did it get worse economy? Easy, it uses more fuel.... Using 98ron is a complete waste of time. I call bullshit to any claims of it making the car run smoother. Its either all in your head or your car has other issues. I'd love to hear your reasons for calling ethanol blended or 91ron fuel shit. If you've found your getting ill effects from a particular servo, change servo's and try different fuel. Most all the fuel in this country comes from only a few refineries. So if your getting dodgy fuel, its most probabaly due to an issue with the inground tank at that particular servo. If my car runs fine on 91ron, every single other Ej22 out there should as well. They're not that special.
TSM

#65 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 08 November 2008 - 07:22 PM

I always ran my 2.2 on 95. I tried a comparison between 91 and 95 (didnt bother with 98) and i did get consistantly more kays out of 95. Car was as smooth between the two.

OEM+

#66 jak4cars

jak4cars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 08:14 PM

nah wen i say shit i dnt actually mean shit, the car runs fine, its just in category comparing to higher fuels its shit.

#67 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Music, Sport, Beer, Wimin

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:59 PM

Dragging up an old thread i know but saves starting another one. Gonna change the CTS soon i think. Been getting over 420km per tank lately. Best was 455 and the current tank is at 428 and the light hasnt come on. How har dis it to change the CTS? Also should the light come on then off?

Previous: 97 Gen 2 Liberty wagon, 89 NA MX5, 88 Toyota Cresta. Current: 04 turbo MX5, 02 Foz GT.

#68 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:46 PM

CTS i havent changed, but my fuel light comes on then off. Pretty standard thing. Normally goes on and off around 48 - 50L then stays on after 51L.

OEM+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users