67 replies to this topic

#21 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Music, Sport, Beer, Wimin

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:15 PM

mine has aids chronically. Yes i kno I could've bought it........im sure ill never forget that fact either..................will i.................. Yeah 95 seems good so far. Car seems a little bit smoother.

Previous: 97 Gen 2 Liberty wagon, 89 NA MX5, 88 Toyota Cresta. Current: 04 turbo MX5, 02 Foz GT.

#22 legacy rsk

legacy rsk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:08 AM

i avergage around 14.5 l/100k city and 9 l/100k highway, big difference and that is not thrashing it either

1d3cb771-b699-4175-8507-6d835cbca0d8_zps

#23 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:59 AM

far out that is a big difference RSK! but u do have two turbs and i dont :(. Filled up this morning to see how much is left in the tank when its on empty. Been on empty since sunday so done probably 80kms on empty and it would only take 50.78L, which i crammed in. When does the fuel light come on? i.e. how many litres left in the tank andhow big is my tank? 56 or 60L?. Oh i got 422km to those 50 litres which is muchbetter than what i was getting but im nt entirely happy. If i dont get any better economy this time around ill change the CTS (i put some UEC through it on saturday so tat might of made a difference).

Previous: 97 Gen 2 Liberty wagon, 89 NA MX5, 88 Toyota Cresta. Current: 04 turbo MX5, 02 Foz GT.

#24 jak4cars

jak4cars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:57 PM

i put around 45l when my fuel light has stayed on, i think your light really isn't working

#25 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:15 PM

you have 5ltrs of fuel left when the light comes on. It says so in the f*cking owners manaul. In which it also states the tank is 60ltrs... Not bloody rocket science!!!!
TSM

#26 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:42 PM

you have 5ltrs of fuel left when the light comes on.
It says so in the f*cking owners manaul.

In which it also states the tank is 60ltrs... Not bloody rocket science!!!!

The lights are as reliable as a crack addict working in a bank.
Always been told by dad just use the K's to a certain degree and just try to keep fuel in the tank is the safest bet :D.
I know my light comes on sometimes with 15 L left in the tank, sometimes more and sometimes less, its un-predictable and in-accurate

#27 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:48 PM

ahh ok thanks guys. Seems like the light isnt a good indicator either until i learn what my cars trying to say. Soop, i am sorry for my lack of common sence.

#28 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:24 PM

I wasn't directly having a go at you mate. It's just dumbfounding that a thread can go on so long debating something that: A: Can be slightly variable. B: Stated as fact in the manufactures hand book. Seriously. Just do what D-gen said. Then you'll know for 100% certain. Josh, I've always found my fuel light to be pretty accurate. The guage is a complete joke how ever.
TSM

#29 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:42 PM

ohh right ok :). fair enough soop as well. I pretty much did do what D-Gen said today. Did 422km and filled up and crammed in 50.78 litres, so still some room for improvement. Might change the CTS and clean the AFM and IACV (i think thats the one). Mind you a tank lasts me a bit over two weeks but i avoid going for drives because of the consumption. Yes the gauge is a piece of shite, drops quickly then doesnt move for 50 odd km. Why are they so crapola?

#30 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:50 PM

No idea. I get 300km+ out of the first half, then about 80km untill it reads empty. When it reads empty I can fit 25ltrs or more into it.
TSM

#31 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:57 PM

But im guessing you just ignore that and go by the tripmeter? Ill see what happens with this tank and see what ill do next. Kinda on topic question: Do all subys have this fuel gauge problem? Because Dads Fozza reads perfectly.

#32 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:49 PM

Josh, I've always found my fuel light to be pretty accurate. The guage is a complete joke how ever.

Your lucky :P I wish mine was like that....

I find my fuel gauge does that whole drop slowly and then really quickly after half way :( its odd.....

#33 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:51 PM

Josh (B4TT) all cars do that dude.. Mine especially, and they all go harder on the last 1/4 tank too! It's cause all the empty space in your tank is now pressurised with air, and creates kinda like a pressure chamber pushing the fuel out the tank assisting the pump which = faster falling needle! I get 340k's max outta the B4.. But I expect it, and used to it now.. anything above 340 is a kodak moment.

#34 jak4cars

jak4cars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:24 PM

i know that tank fills up with fumes but thats what the purge canister is for, to put in those fumes into the engine and burn it. plus the injectors are what lets the fuel through and the fpr lets fuel get back into the tank

#35 d_generate

d_generate

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:58 AM

ohh right ok :). fair enough soop as well.

I pretty much did do what D-Gen said today. Did 422km and filled up and crammed in 50.78 litres, so still some room for improvement. Might change the CTS and clean the AFM and IACV (i think thats the one). Mind you a tank lasts me a bit over two weeks but i avoid going for drives because of the consumption.

Yes the gauge is a piece of shite, drops quickly then doesnt move for 50 odd km. Why are they so crapola?

Well now that you know you can safely get 422K's out of 50.78 or whatever let it stretch out to 450, you'll still be safe, mine comes on at exactly 51L so you were a micky whisker off finding out if it works, the light should come on with 9L left in the 60L tank.
98 Liberty, V3 STI running gear, CAI & 3" TBE, pulled a 13.09 @ 104mph

http://au.youtube.co...h?v=TKrsF-2JS3M
In the dunes^^^^^^^^^^

Posted Image

#36 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:26 AM

Oh i got 422km to those 50 litres

You must be crying over that Ash, just filled up the GT 395kms for 43L. :D

OEM+

#37 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:45 AM

Well now that you know you can safely get 422K's out of 50.78 or whatever let it stretch out to 450, you'll still be safe, mine comes on at exactly 51L so you were a micky whisker off finding out if it works, the light should come on with 9L left in the 60L tank.

Yeah, i reckon i could get a bit over 450 to a tank. Would be completely happy with it but its a damn sight better than 100km to half a tank!

As i said just before, way better than 100km to half a tank. You really do love letting me know that your cars are superior (sp?) to mine do you! One day it'l be my turn.

#38 d_generate

d_generate

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:01 AM

LOL, you must be crying, I filled mine the other day, 50.4L for 505kl hehehehehe.
Try using United 98 if you have it over there, I'm getting at least 45kl more to a tank & what feels like better performance, it'll take a couple of tank fulls for the computer to adjust but well worth it.
98 Liberty, V3 STI running gear, CAI & 3" TBE, pulled a 13.09 @ 104mph

http://au.youtube.co...h?v=TKrsF-2JS3M
In the dunes^^^^^^^^^^

Posted Image

#39 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:09 AM

man this is ridiculous my N/A is getting worse economy than your turbo cars :dash2: I think im going to burn my engine tonight. Nah dont have united over here. We used to but i hardly see any anymore. The car seems much smoother on BP 95. No way im going back to 91.

#40 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:39 AM

91 will net better fuel economy. But I found my car run a little better on 95ron. Wether that little improvement is worth your $$ is your choice.
TSM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users