#21 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

Copy the [img] link straight into the text box and it will work :)

IM47Gcv.jpg

#22 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

Nice colour.

I noticed the picture of it on sand. Have you had a proper chance to drive it extensively on sand as yet? Reason I ask is because I'm curious to know how a CVT performs on sand.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#23 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

I know there is the 1.6 Litre Petrol then 2 iitre petrol and 2l diesel variants but I am sure there is no turbo diesel XV in the market in Europe or anywhere. I wanted a turbo diesel model and was considering the Forester but after driving the XV there was no comparision in how fun the XV was to drive. Given that I dont need the extra boot space - very happy with the XV.

http://www.autoblog....t-drive-review/

MY07 GT spec B

#24 SoobyXV-S

SoobyXV-S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

Copy the :)

Posted Image

See if that works

#25 SoobyXV-S

SoobyXV-S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

Nice colour.

I noticed the picture of it on sand. Have you had a proper chance to drive it extensively on sand as yet? Reason I ask is because I'm curious to know how a CVT performs on sand.

I have only driven it on shallow loose sand - had no issue at all. Held the grip and the AWD computer controlled the traction easily. Can turn off traction contol if wheels spin - this thing will get out of most problem areas. Have been on muddy dirt roads and is a dream to drive. The only thing I'm not too happy with is the choice of tyre - the Yokohama Geolanders... not that great with water dispersion. Think a better allround SUV tyre would have been great but then again this is an all road vehicle not an all terrain vehicle and most will be driving in the cities

#26 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

Hi,

Holy crap! Two XV's on here already.

Nice work!

The wheels kill me... but outside of that, it seems to be the right tool for the job.

Cheers,
Nik

#27 SoobyXV-S

SoobyXV-S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

http://www.autoblog....t-drive-review/

Interesting.

The maunal states the only variants including europe are the 1.6, 2l petrol and diesel... no turbo for 2012. Perhaps this is the 2013 release? I dont know! But would have loved to have the 2 or 2.5l Diesel turbo available to buy. Just have to wait til 2014 and play around with the 2l petrol.

#28 SoobyXV-S

SoobyXV-S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hi,

Holy crap! Two XV's on here already.

Nice work!

The wheels kill me... but outside of that, it seems to be the right tool for the job.

Cheers,
Nik

Thats what I intially thought. Hated the design of the mag wheels - which is another reason I was looking at the Forester XT. But in person they suit the vehicle and strangely most people that comment on the car first thing they say - love the mags .. do they come standard? They have grown on me.

#29 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

Interesting.

The maunal states the only variants including europe are the 1.6, 2l petrol and diesel... no turbo for 2012. Perhaps this is the 2013 release? I dont know! But would have loved to have the 2 or 2.5l Diesel turbo available to buy. Just have to wait til 2014 and play around with the 2l petrol.

its for sale now in europe: http://subaru.co.uk/...en_spec_table=1

MY07 GT spec B

#30 SoobyXV-S

SoobyXV-S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

its for sale now in europe: http://subaru.co.uk/...en_spec_table=1

Fair enough! I wont take the XV manual as a guide then. Thanks for the info! I had no idea. Looks like by default the 2l diesel are turbo charged but that is never indicated in the manual.

The dealer was of the opinion diesel (turbo) wouldnt be released - til 2014, the press releases (http://www.carpoint....s-subarus-29011) (http://news.drive.co...0227-1txa5.html) looks like that was the case for australia. But you would have to think if it is in production already for the right hand drive - if shouldnt be too long before its available here - perhaps the europe version is soley the tubo diesel manual and they are waiting to fine fune the CVT versions prior to Oz releases?

Other news online had on hinted the possibility of turbo diesel being released http://www.inautonew...nd-brz-revealed but nothing solid. Intruiging!

Thanks again.

#31 Honda_impreza

Honda_impreza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Hard Cornering

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

I've had both manual and CVT as loaners from Subaru. I must say that they look quite nice inside and out. I don't like the wheels too much as they have that Advanti black on machined style. However, I liked the soft interior plastics and dash layout. I think that the front end and side look quite nice. I'm not a fan of the boxy tail lights which Subaru seem to be going with these days. Then again, Fuji Heavy Industries have always challenged us with their designing. I sure as hell didn't by my Subie for looks, but this car is alright.

IMO the manual sucks. It feels (and is) artificial and clunky as hell with a boat-like throw. My advice is to stay away. The CVT is a much better bet and the paddle shifter is pretty smooth. Like others have said, it masks the car's inherent sluggishness and makes it feel torquier. Handling is a little vague and soft, but that's expected. The suspension eats up sub-par roads with ease. The steering wheel is small and quite attractive, with a good list of auxiliary controls.

Under the bonnet it's a serviceman's dream. Look at the position of the oil filter! Lots of space to work on the motor, much unlike my crammed GD Rex's engine bay.

Posted Image

that's my 0.2 anyway

DIY till your fingers bleed or the part breaks. Only then take in to a professional who won't do the work as meticulously as youself

#32 Forester 2.5i S

Forester 2.5i S

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

Just wondering the front bumber protector - is that a factory standard accessory?

I went with the XV-S - thinking now should have gone for the L although the HID headlights are quite good. Did you test drive the S model? Just curious as to your thoughts between the two.

Hello brother nice car arnt these things awesome to drive
I was getting the S but then got told there was atleast a 6 week wait ( I hate waiting ) BUT they had heaps of the L in stock so I took the L and got allot of accessaries and paid pretty much same price
Only thing I miss are the HID lights but looking at getting ice white globes
Leather is good but allot more work involved plus these cloth seats are actually easy to keep clean
What protector are u referring to?
The bonnet protector is a OEM clear with a custom carbin fibre wrap over it
The DRL lights are aftermarket and are so kewl
Did u get the CVT
Also join subaruxvforum.com

Thats what I intially thought. Hated the design of the mag wheels - which is another reason I was looking at the Forester XT. But in person they suit the vehicle and strangely most people that comment on the car first thing they say - love the mags .. do they come standard? They have grown on me.

I LOVE THE WHEELS THEY SUITE THE XV TO A TEA
Jason & Tanya

MY15 Subaru Forester 2.5i S - Crystal White Pearl , CVT
MY12 Subaru XV 2.0i L - Obsidian Black Pearl , CVT

#33 Forester 2.5i S

Forester 2.5i S

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

My girl
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Getting this wing from Subaru USA hopfully fitted this weekend or next
Posted Image
Jason & Tanya

#34 SoobyXV-S

SoobyXV-S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

My girl

Hello brother nice car arnt these things awesome to drive
I was getting the S but then got told there was atleast a 6 week wait ( I hate waiting ) BUT they had heaps of the L in stock so I took the L and got allot of accessaries and paid pretty much same price
Only thing I miss are the HID lights but looking at getting ice white globes
Leather is good but allot more work involved plus these cloth seats are actually easy to keep clean
What protector are u referring to?
The bonnet protector is a OEM clear with a custom carbin fibre wrap over it
The DRL lights are aftermarket and are so kewl
Did u get the CVT
Also join subaruxvforum.com

Congrats on a great looking car!

I have seen all the XVs in all colours and they all look good (except the sky blue ...) but think the white as you have shown depicts the contrast of the wheels/wheel arch bumpers etc. Looks great!

I went with the dark gray as a personal preference for the colour and the wheels as you have said, I totally agree, definitely suit the car. I wouldnt change them now.

I was wondering about the bonnet protector as the factory ones were the cheap looking see-through plastic but yours is awesome! You should market it. It cetainly matches the look of the cargo resin step in the back so makes a cool theme for the whole vehicle. How did you go about getting the carbon fibre wrap over it (cost?).

I went with the CVT - I dont think there was really any choice - manual was disappointing but CVT is hell of a lot of fun - especially on muddy slippery roads. Even playing with the CVT and pushing it hard I still get under 9l per 100ks so think its awesome! Power on demand and economic.

I wanted the L model as not a huge fan of leather seats (they should be an option extra) but figured top spec is easier to sell in 2-3 yrs when I will go (hopefully) for the turbo version. Ordered in Jan and was same time for l and s then. Got it 23 Feb glad I did! As looking at other forums people have bought them in feb and arent expected to arrvie til June. I dont like to wait either!

Can you post pic when you get the back wing fitted?

Oh and will you get the two front windows tinted?

Edited by SoobyXV-S, 20 March 2012 - 08:42 PM.

#35 Forester 2.5i S

Forester 2.5i S

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

Windows are tinted it was just the angle got mine street legal by Subaru
Posted Image
I bought carbon fibre 3m wrap from eBay only about 30 bucks from syd
I ordered a smoked protector but don't get them in Australia so I made my own
Before
Posted Image
After
Posted ImagePosted Image
Jason & Tanya

#36 SoobyXV-S

SoobyXV-S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

Windows are tinted it was just the angle got mine street legal by Subaru

I bought carbon fibre 3m wrap from eBay only about 30 bucks from syd
I ordered a smoked protector but don't get them in Australia so I made my own
Before

After

Protector - Sweet look! - maybe pitch it to Subaru?

I take it a white stencil or adhesive letters? (Subaru wording)

Well done.

Sorry bout the tint query - wasnt sure. Same with mine Subaru dealer said couldnt match the privacy glass in the back had to settle for street legal 35% tint. Your car would look f**n awesome with dark tint like the privacy glass at the front. Not that there is anything wrong with it now!

The unibar at the front - is that off the shelf, custom or adapted for the XV? - Disregard I see that it is a mounting bar by Eagle for the lights you have. Curious though - what did that cost and is it available to purchase online? Sorry to ask you all these questions!

Edited by SoobyXV-S, 20 March 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#37 Forester 2.5i S

Forester 2.5i S

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

Unibar is off the self can buy them from any auto 1 or Repco or suprecheap
Subaru lettering are decals I got made up
Thanks or ya comments
Seen my exhaust it's a sports exhaust from Liverpool Exhaust with a 3 inch dump tip sounds great especially when te girl turns off at stand still them lift your foot and rumble again lol
Scars some people lol
I love the CVT so quick
I traded in a Forester XT to buy this
The XV is as much fun to drive as the XT BUT so excellent on petrol love it paddle shifts are so much fun
Jason & Tanya

#38 SoobyXV-S

SoobyXV-S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

Unibar is off the self can buy them from any auto 1 or Repco or suprecheap
Subaru lettering are decals I got made up
Thanks or ya comments
Seen my exhaust it's a sports exhaust from Liverpool Exhaust with a 3 inch dump tip sounds great especially when te girl turns off at stand still them lift your foot and rumble again lol
Scars some people lol
I love the CVT so quick
I traded in a Forester XT to buy this
The XV is as much fun to drive as the XT BUT so excellent on petrol love it paddle shifts are so much fun

Thanks for that. Very imaginative - with the protector would never have thought of that.

Yup its a fun car to drive - on open highway - in 4th get up tp 140 passing people no issue at all. Dont think Ive ever had to go into 6th but shift into 5th and has a lot more oomph in her - figured would be hard to explain going faster!

Even in low gear 2nd-3rd easily takes off at the lights .. not that Im a hoon or anything just like my vehicle to be responisve when I need it to be.

Curious - how do you compare the XV and the Forester XT in handling? Havent had the opportunity to give an XT a burn.

#39 Forester 2.5i S

Forester 2.5i S

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

Thanks buddy I also put it into 6 th gear when I set it on cruise on 110 on freeway it's nice and smooth
I am yet to take her off road, most I've done is driving on grass
As for handling in stock form the XV will out handle any stock XT
I has a SG9 MY07 and everything stock but because if the turbo the stock setup is too soft u need to upgrade sway bars abd stuff
Where the XV is well balanced
The XV corners sharper and easier with the electric assist power steering the XV has you don't get tired
I haven't found anything I miss about my XT yeah it had boost but the XV is quick enough it isn't slow at all and when you drive the XV hard you are still using less petrol then just cruising the XT
Go the XV the best thing Subaru has ever done
Jason & Tanya

#40 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

FYI they have put 22mm sway bars on the new model impreza and STi pillowball suspension. unheard of previously

MY07 GT spec B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users