• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Liberty02

Liberty02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

Hi, I bought a gx libby wagon recently without the remote. I am wondering if anyone knows how much they cost and how is the cheaper way (getting the chip seperately, get it coded).

#2 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:26 AM

in the ballpark of a cuple of hundred through subaru?

#3 vicelore

vicelore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Interests:Subbies, Dubs, Boost, Beer , Wine , My Two Awesome Girls

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

My nephew decided to chuck my keyless entry in the bin about a year ago.. Iv always just thaught id get a alarm with a remote down the track, Wouldnt this be the easiest way ?

Cheers

#4 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

My nephew decided to chuck my keyless entry in the bin about a year ago.. Iv always just thaught id get a alarm with a remote down the track, Wouldnt this be the easiest way ?

Cheers

Maybe. By the time you source, buy and install the alarm, it might work out cheaper to utilise the already installed system by getting a new OEM keyless entry remote programed to your car.

#5 Ben_20EJT

Ben_20EJT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

my dad programed a remote for my gen3 wagon in 5min. he had a key in his tool box and yer, was easy as. but then again, he is a subaru master tech.
just get a oem remote and get it programed, if the person knows what they are doing, it wont cost much at all, i wouldnt say so.

cheers
ben.

freeway.jpeg 

#6 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

Easiest way to program keyless entry into any car:

Posted Image

#7 R-Y

R-Y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Rugby league, surfing, cars, music (Rise Against)

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

if you are wanting to put an alarm in your car just wire the keyless entry to that. If your not wanting an alarm go get a new one coded.

#8 br wags

br wags

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:subys, bikes track days
    gym movies

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

dont know if you are in melb but brett at sbura parts (moorabin) can order one cheap, and lucas automotive next door can program it hope this helps

#9 Jovi

Jovi

When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:04 PM

If you find a remote from the wreckers you can program the remote keyless entry to a gen 3 liberty. if its part of the key the remote will still work but it wont start your car....and you can do it your self you dont need subaru to do it for you...

In the drivers side foot well there is single 2 wires connect them together, then lock and un lock your drivers door via the look inside the door with door open then hold un look button on the new remote for 2 seconds and the lights will flash...un clip wires and its done...
Posted Image

#10 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:07 AM

If you find a remote from the wreckers you can program the remote keyless entry to a gen 3 liberty. if its part of the key the remote will still work but it wont start your car....and you can do it your self you dont need subaru to do it for you...

In the drivers side foot well there is single 2 wires connect them together, then lock and un lock your drivers door via the look inside the door with door open then hold un look button on the new remote for 2 seconds and the lights will flash...un clip wires and its done...

That's some Really Helpful info right there!
+1
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#11 jack_keaka

jack_keaka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:I was saying "boo-urns"

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

chuck a chip in this??
http://www.ebay.com....#ht_2452wt_1025

#12 Jovi

Jovi

When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

I'll photo copy the page from the workshop manual i got and ill chuck it up for ya...
Posted Image

#13 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

For ppl wanting to know where these two plugs are; Remove the the drivers door sill which extends towards the accelerator pedal, its right behind that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users