←  Anything Goes

Suby Club

»

The Suby Club Horology (watches/timepieces...

nickknack's Photo nickknack 08 Jan 2015

Looks rad Aek. I Picked these two up in hong kong when I was there recently. Obviously fake but I've never seen a daytona wall clock before  :sarcastic:

qTZgROG.jpg

zQU9BTa.jpg

Harry88's Photo Harry88 08 Jan 2015

#fakewatchbusta #rolexenforcer

skillionaire's Photo skillionaire 08 Jan 2015

Hi,

Aek that is a beautiful piece, perfect for the Christmas collection. Did not know the full story on the RADO's, interesting stuff. 

I fully agree about SWATCH, aswell. Opened up the watch world.

Nick: being wall clocks, that makes them awesome. Haha. I would happily hang that in my house.

Cheers,

NIk

aekOne's Photo aekOne 08 Jan 2015

Haha those wall clocks are pretty funny. The complications need to show date or temp and barometer or something which would be cool.

I'd love one of the Heuer Monaco promo clocks they give their authorised dealers

Liberty's Photo Liberty 12 Jan 2015

I just found this whilst surfing the net. I thought it may be more interesting to you guys.

http://myfirstclassl...ensive-watches/

skillionaire's Photo skillionaire 15 Jan 2015

Hate to lower the tone from Aek's post, but DATABanks are 50% off right now...

http://www.cultureki...-25-silver.html

$70 is good for that piece of fun.

aekOne's Photo aekOne 15 Jan 2015

You can get those bad boys cheaper on ebay ;)

skillionaire's Photo skillionaire 15 Jan 2015

Seen, thanks mate.

skillionaire's Photo skillionaire 27 Jan 2015

Sk76fyo.jpg

Liberty's Photo Liberty 27 Jan 2015

I rate that, but might prefer a different band. I don't think the crocodile skin pattern suits me.

Hi,

If you've got a lazy $130K burning a hole in your pocket, you could probably afford to swap out the strap?

:)

Cheers,

Nik

aekOne's Photo aekOne 27 Jan 2015

Business at the Grove going well then Nik? :P

The decimal minute repeater is a such a unique complication borrowed from the Grande Complication but in the Zeitwerk case its not "unwearable". The exposed chime hammers are such a nice touch too.

She's a stunner but you'd hope it was for 440k euros (The standard Zeitwerk is around 130k).

The movement is absolutely beautiful

lange_zeitwerk_mr_movement1.jpg

Hi,

Wow! So it's basically a million dollar watch in Australia...

WOW!

The movement in these watches is just the finest grade of craftsmanship. Insane.

Cheers,

Nik

Liberty's Photo Liberty 27 Jan 2015

If I was spending that much I'd hope to get a band I liked custom-made!

The internals are flawless Aek.

aekOne's Photo aekOne 27 Jan 2015

The movement in these watches is just the finest grade of craftsmanship. Insane.

yep you'd need some serious spare coin to make that bad boy your daily!

isn't it crazy to think that its 100% mechanical. so many movements, so much complication. wow. 

Niko's Photo Niko 31 Jan 2015

Thinking I'll get a PRS516 Auto, going to check Duty Free prices but saw I can get it for circa $450 in Aus.

Attached Files

alexGT's Photo alexGT 31 Jan 2015

ordered one of these: 

https://www.kickstar...-luxury-watches

Niko's Photo Niko 31 Jan 2015

Looks good Alex, but pretty cheap components, might be a good daily, would be interesting to see how long it lasts.

aekOne's Photo aekOne 31 Jan 2015

Yeah they also say the Hattori VX32 movement they use is the same as the movements used in Seiko watches which isn't entirely true. The Hattori is an replica of the Seiko 7N32 movement with a difference, the 7N32 is a single jewel movement whereas the Hattori doesn't use any at all.

Considering a decent Quartz movement will have up to 7 jewels I'm not sure how long the original movement would last. That said you can buy a 7N32 for around $10 new if it ever did stop working so there's a cheap reliable fix if you ever needed it.

skillionaire's Photo skillionaire 07 Feb 2015

^ Code for 'that watch is shit'