31 replies to this topic

#21 Jberg89

Jberg89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Surfing

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

By engine damage im reffering to under the hood......dont know exactly what the problems were to be honest i wasnt even a member on here yet and so had no knowledge of cars what so ever. Apparently though due to the pressure placed on the bonnet things were damaged. what exactly? i dont know mate i really dont. Does anybody have an idea of what could have been busted with alot of pressure on the hood? sorry i cant clear it up for you. Forgive the casual use of "engine damage" again by engine damage i was told damage under the hood

1zvaasj.jpg6xu6h5.jpg2jg734g.jpg

#22 Jberg89

Jberg89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

That is Posted Image'ing insane. I've never seen something that bad from a car wash, ever! There are so many crashes on the road that have nowhere near that much damage, Posted Image'ing hell. Glad you're OK mate and even better to hear that you've now got a better car out of it.

Thanks man....the roof had a few tear grooves in it...the bonnet actually has torn completely through although this is only noticable by looking at the bonnet from the windscreen to headlight angle. when im back in Australia will post more pics.

#23 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

No worries man. Can't wait to see more pics. How long are you over there for?

Well it could've had something to do with the weight of the rollers I guess, and the massive amount of pressure they're exerting as their revolving. It'd have bits slamming against the bonnet pushing it further and further onto the engine, may be damaging the engine mounts, piping, possibly the chassis from where the bonnet mounts to, etc...

It could really be anything. The whole engine could've been slowly pushed further and further as the suspension is squeezed closer and closer to the ground.

I'm only guessing of course.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#24 Jberg89

Jberg89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

No worries man. Can't wait to see more pics. How long are you over there for?

Well it could've had something to do with the weight of the rollers I guess, and the massive amount of pressure they're exerting as their revolving. It'd have bits slamming against the bonnet pushing it further and further onto the engine, may be damaging the engine mounts, piping, possibly the chassis from where the bonnet mounts to, etc...

It could really be anything. The whole engine could've been slowly pushed further and further as the suspension is squeezed closer and closer to the ground.

I'm only guessing of course.

on that note....the whole front of the car went down...i can imagine the front suspension was compressed. However as it was rotating the car felt like it was bunny hopping like it was shaking a heck of alot.

#25 WALKER

WALKER

SAM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

By engine damage im reffering to under the hood......dont know exactly what the problems were to be honest i wasnt even a member on here yet and so had no knowledge of cars what so ever. Apparently though due to the pressure placed on the bonnet things were damaged. what exactly? i dont know mate i really dont. Does anybody have an idea of what could have been busted with alot of pressure on the hood? sorry i cant clear it up for you. Forgive the casual use of "engine damage" again by engine damage i was told damage under the hood

Fair enough.
I have next to no engine knowledge! Just curious about the damage under the circumstances..
I'd be the bloke who'd go ask for a 'long weight/wait'

Well, I was going to say
Apart from the engine damage, you are kind of lucky (for the lack of a better word) the roof was damaged..
Otherwise, they might of just thrown a new bonnet and windscreen at you!
... Can't really replace a roof :blink:

But instead you came out of it like a boss! :D

Posted Image

#26 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Bloody hell. I'd jump into the back seat shitting bricks, at the same time as freaking out at the fact that my car is being eaten alive by a machine with a mind of its own! Insane man. That mechanic would've been Posted Image'ed over, and the car wash itself. The closest I've ever come to not cleaning my car by hand is taking it to one of those sprayer car wash set ups. Never one of those. Wouldn't risk it. I've heard too many bad stories about 'em.

I barely go to the sprayer ones. The amount of dirt, bits and pieces that are found on the foam brush definitely spells disaster for your paint. People abuse it. There are reasons why there are multiple selections. You do not use the foam brush to wash your exhaust, wheels and underneath your car.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#27 migoreng

migoreng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

:o

#28 vicelore

vicelore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Interests:Subbies, Dubs, Boost, Beer , Wine , My Two Awesome Girls

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Bat shit crazy..

#29 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Cray-cray to the max. I still can't get over it. :blink:

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#30 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

Dang!

Where was the car wash, i sense an insurance job coming up on the Focus, FINANCIAL FREEDOM!!! *shifty eyes*

Man that sucks, cant imagine what it would have felt like being inside while the car was torn to shreds around you, like a bear trying to open a can of sardines!

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#31 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

This was at the BP at Tuggerah I think?

IM47Gcv.jpg

#32 Porky

Porky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

should be a new show out soon called WHEN CARWASHES GO WRONG . wow ill stick with the 2 bucket method no swirls or holagrams for me :yahoo:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users