Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

Yep thats a long one!

Good luck with getting MSR to do your tune.. hes incredible at what he does!!

Thanks mate.. I wish he would.... will try emailing him again sometime...

2002 B4 Rev E

2004 Outback Premium 3.0R

#22 peadya100

peadya100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

Thanks mate.. I wish he would.... will try emailing him again sometime...

Hes not a real chatterbox and his emails are quite blunt i find.. dont let that turn you off.. it doesnt mean hes not interested, thats just how he is :)

#23 Zac

Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Hes not a real chatterbox and his emails are quite blunt i find.. dont let that turn you off.. it doesnt mean hes not interested, thats just how he is :)

Ha yeah I know... he was overseas when he was emailing me so I took it that he was busy, but he was still good, gave me good info... bit of a drive for me to go see him anyway, being in Penrith, but meh... worth a try, even if its just to meet the guy.. LOL!

2002 B4 Rev E

#24 peadya100

peadya100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

Ha yeah I know... he was overseas when he was emailing me so I took it that he was busy, but he was still good, gave me good info... bit of a drive for me to go see him anyway, being in Penrith, but meh... worth a try, even if its just to meet the guy.. LOL!

Not too far from Penrith in the scheme of things.. Maybe 1.5 hours. Extremely knowledgable guy.. no bullshit either.. hes a fully accomplished rally and tarmac race car driver with a trophy cabinet bigger than my bedroom.. so he knows what works and whats not worth while.

Only down side is his dyno is in an enclosed room which means you cant watch him dyno your car, you can only hear it... which is worse as it sounds like the engine is going to pop at any moment haha

#25 Zac

Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

Not too far from Penrith in the scheme of things.. Maybe 1.5 hours. Extremely knowledgable guy.. no bullshit either.. hes a fully accomplished rally and tarmac race car driver with a trophy cabinet bigger than my bedroom.. so he knows what works and whats not worth while.

Only down side is his dyno is in an enclosed room which means you cant watch him dyno your car, you can only hear it... which is worse as it sounds like the engine is going to pop at any moment haha

True that... yeah... will make the trip up there sometime... would be worth it... if he can tune my car, I don't mind that I can't see it... hearing it would be good enough, just knowing he is tuning it would be more than enough... lol... Mine is an Auto B4 though... so won't be as fun... Oh well...

If he is able to tune it, I'd need a huge sticker to promote MSR... lol

2002 B4 Rev E

#26 peadya100

peadya100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

Mine is an auto too.. dont be scared off by that!

The difference it made is beyond belief.. it went from 140kw @ wheels to 181kw @ wheels. Peak power gain is nice, but its more that the power has been shifted to lower revs so its much better for driving around town. Its instant power now whenever you put your foot down.

#27 Zac

Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

Mine is an auto too.. dont be scared off by that!

The difference it made is beyond belief.. it went from 140kw @ wheels to 181kw @ wheels. Peak power gain is nice, but its more that the power has been shifted to lower revs so the its much better for driving around town. Its instant power now whenever you put your foot down.

Damn... will get on that email to MSR soon to see if he wants to try out my B4... :)

2002 B4 Rev E

#28 peadya100

peadya100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

If youre ever around the North Sydney area hit me up and ill take you for a spin to show you how good an auto can be with basically just an exhaust and MSR tune. I was AMAZED!!

#29 migoreng

migoreng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

Nice. So what can I expect from my B4 with a catback system only? Does my car run about 130-140kw atw stock?

#30 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

Zac, drive to adelaide and get tuned by S&J. WIN

Or Horse Power Factory in Melb...... OH YEAH!

I like your sticker idea Peadya100.

@ Migoreng
Tuned by Fried noodle performance hahahahaaa

#31 Snootaloop

Snootaloop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Tuned by a mate

#32 peadya100

peadya100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

Nice. So what can I expect from my B4 with a catback system only? Does my car run about 130-140kw atw stock?

I couldnt tell you what the b4's have stock... the only reason I knew mine was the dyno tune. What do b4's have at the flywheel?
From what I understand upgrading the dump pipe gets you better gains than the cat back.. but I could be wrong, im no expert haha

#33 migoreng

migoreng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

I couldnt tell you what the b4's have stock... the only reason I knew mine was the dyno tune. What do b4's have at the flywheel?
From what I understand upgrading the dump pipe gets you better gains than the cat back.. but I could be wrong, im no expert haha

B4's have 190kw at the fly.

#34 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

yeah about 130-140 is right. Catback won't see much of a change, it's the dumps that are the restriction. After a full exhaust + tune, you might see 170-180 atw

B4's have 190kw at the fly.

191* :P :P

#35 peadya100

peadya100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

Wow.. I had no idea B4's had that much power... great heads up so I dont try and drag one of you guys off the lights and get embarrassed haha

I know with the gen IV the dump pipe is the best mod if you had to pick 1, but it'd be best if you could do full turbo back before your tune to save you needing a retune.

#36 Zac

Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

I think the B4 has more weight to it too than a WRX... and since it is twin but sequential turbo, and smaller turbos, it might not have the same hit as a WRX, but I could be wrong... I can't say much since my Auto B4 is only about 170kw I think...

2002 B4 Rev E

#37 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

Mine is a lot higher than that at the wheels.
It Posted Image'ing hauls ass!

HP/F represent yo!

#38 peadya100

peadya100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

HP/F represent yo!

Nice one!! Whats yours got at the wheels? Do you just have a TBE or have you upgraded turbo as well?

#39 Zac

Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

HP/F represent yo!

I'm Jelly... :(

2002 B4 Rev E

#40 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

I have twin stainless 2.5" custom dumps, a high flow cat, large hot doggy, 2 3/4" pipes, custom heat wrapped exhaust manifold and a X force rear.
It's not obnoxiously loud at idle but flows good. Biggger injectors & pump & a few other things in the engine bay. Tuned and Dyno'd by Horse power factory to 197 atw.
It's a freak!

V8's Posted Image'ing hate me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users