68 replies to this topic

#61 glenisanutter

glenisanutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Interests:Snowbording, Dirt Bike, SUBY

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

My original tune at tune house cost me $1100.(full custom) worth every penny . it wasnt the first B4 he has had on his dyno. My first tune was done at MRT... had to go back four times befor they got it right. Jim at TH got it right the first time with a very reliable/safe tune @18psi and every time i drive my car i hand its arse to it! it a toy not a daily driver so no mercy given no hiccups! thats why i went back after the single conversion. If you are being tight on something like a tune it will have less time on the dyno. the tune cane make or break an engine literally!
02 9557 4000 ask for Jim really good bloke gave me some advice my setup without trying to pedal me some crap off his shelf!

#62 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

I knew I didnt type your name that way and I tried to edit it but couldnt... funny stuff.. did they do it for you or a diff Garry!?

Plus to get the benefits of the exhaust you need a tune anyway so smart move!

Yeah that was the idea I got from the feedback on the forum. I am almost on the money with an exhaust system. ;)

The Garry! thing was specially for me. Ha ha.

Garrrrrrrrrrry... I spoke to Kido a few times even about tuning my B4...

If TH is in Sydney, and if you are lucky enough to book in to tune with him, then its awesome, coz he does a street tune for you with him driving your car... makes sense, but most of the time, they send you the cable, and a few other things I think, then you get the stock tune of your car to them by email, they tweak some stuff, then send it back to you, you test it on the road yourself, send back the results, then they tweak more stuff and this keep going till its done, then you mail the cable and stuff back to them..

I think that is about $400 if I can remember correctly. I was going to get it done by them too, but once again, B4, nobody wants to touch it, since they don't have the tunes for it, and not all the ECUs can be tuned... so they didn't want to risk it... poor B4... :(

Sweet. I'd prefer them doing it all so it's a visit and that's it. Wouldn't want to continually muck around with it. Best of luck with your search though man.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#63 Zac

Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

Yeah that was the idea I got from the feedback on the forum. I am almost on the money with an exhaust system. ;)

The Garry! thing was specially for me. Ha ha.

Sweet. I'd prefer them doing it all so it's a visit and that's it. Wouldn't want to continually muck around with it. Best of luck with your search though man.

Thanks man... will save up and see what I can do... maybe I'll do it in time... other things I want to look at first I think... But yeah, since Kido is not in Sydney, they can't do it for you in one go... :(

2002 B4 Rev E

2004 Outback Premium 3.0R

#64 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

hey guys, just an idea, you should start a new thread about B4 tuning and give the subject it's own topic. you guys have raised all this great info and feedback on different tuners and options which i'm sure is very useful for many B4 owners but which is going to be very hard for anyone not involved in the this actual discussion to find as it's in a sticker thread.

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#65 peadya100

peadya100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

hey guys, just an idea, you should start a new thread about B4 tuning and give the subject it's own topic. you guys have raised all this great info and feedback on different tuners and options which i'm sure is very useful for many B4 owners but which is going to be very hard for anyone not involved in the this actual discussion to find as it's in a sticker thread.

Good idea! Im not a B4 owner so ill leave that up to you Zig_Zag :sarcastic:

#66 Zac

Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Good idea! Im not a B4 owner so ill leave that up to you Zig_Zag :sarcastic:

Ha... thanks mate...

So what other stickers do you plan on making? Any at all? Can I put in some requests? Lol ;)

2002 B4 Rev E

#67 peadya100

peadya100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

Ha... thanks mate...

So what other stickers do you plan on making? Any at all? Can I put in some requests? Lol ;)

Well im not actually in the sticker game, i just wanted a "tuned by MSR" sticker for myself and thought id get a few more made up for anyone that wants a "tuned by" sticker while im at it. As it turns out theres a lot more to stickers than i realised.. all different materials and laminates and finishes.. and then to top it off it turns out stickers are very expensive in small orders. Its looking to cost around $124 if i order the minimum of 30. I only want 3 for myself and one other guy wants 3. So thats a very expensive exercise for 6 stickers hahaha

#68 Zac

Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Well im not actually in the sticker game, i just wanted a "tuned by MSR" sticker for myself and thought id get a few more made up for anyone that wants a "tuned by" sticker while im at it. As it turns out theres a lot more to stickers than i realised.. all different materials and laminates and finishes.. and then to top it off it turns out stickers are very expensive in small orders. Its looking to cost around $124 if i order the minimum of 30. I only want 3 for myself and one other guy wants 3. So thats a very expensive exercise for 6 stickers hahaha

Wow.. damn... I see... must be a way to make them cheaper...

2002 B4 Rev E

#69 peadya100

peadya100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Wow.. damn... I see... must be a way to make them cheaper...

Yeah i can get 130 made for $55 from the same place but that was without metallic finish on the "tuned by" part, and on a low quality sticker that will only last 6-12 months in the sun. I figured i want my sticker to last a while as i intend to put it on the tailgate of my car where the STi models have theirs. Wouldnt want to have it fade away in 6 months.

What sticker ideas do you have? If its not too complicated i could do the design for you at least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users