Photo

What sort of exhaust set up should I get for my H6 3.0R?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Poll: What sort of exhaust set up should I go for? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

What sort of exhaust set up should I go for?

1. Xforce 2¼" stainless steel catback exhaust system (total of $695) (7 votes [35.00%])

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

2. STi mufflers ($550) with Xforce front muffler and Y-pipe assembly ($220) (total of $770) (9 votes [45.00%])

Percentage of vote: 45.00%

3. Stock exhaust but swap mufflers with STi mufflers (total of $500) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Voted Stick with the complete stock exhaust system (4 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

Gaz.. The STI mufflers ain't that loud mate. I think you'll be disappointed with them if you go down that path.

Another cheaper option is to get a couple of custom made mild steel sports mufflers made up. Ask for oval offset glass packed sports mufflers... Should set you back no less than $500.

Unbolt your OEM mufflers, chuck 'em in the garage and use your new set until you get sick of the noise!

I'm definitely going to consider that option too.

I've been forced to postpone my exhaust upgrade due to the reasons mentioned in this topic. I think it best for me to concentrate on fixing these issues before splurging money on things that won't keep me from losing control on the roads and potentially putting other's and my own life in danger. This may mean I will miss out on the STi mufflers I was initially going to purchase from a member on the forum, so if that's the case, I will have to settle for another option which could be the Xforce exhaust system or doing what you've mentioned Chris and get my mufflers custom-made.

All in good time of course. Priorities have to be set straight.

Anything OEM that is removed from my car will definitely be kept. No plans to sell it at all so I have the option of going back to stock at any given time.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#62 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:21 AM

I just wanted to ask a quick question regarding my planned exhaust. I know exactly what direction I want to go in, but in order for me to stick to budgeting I must buy things as I go. I simply cannot afford to get everything in the one go.

If I was to purchase the stainless steel Xforce front muffler and Y-pipe assembly now and install it with my stock mufflers, would I notice any sort of sound/performance increase? Any bit whatsoever? I assume I will get a better sound from the exhaust system itself (and even better once I get my new mufflers of course), but in order to stick with the budgeting method I mentioned I just wanted to get a straight answer from anyone that would know from either personal experience or expertise.

Cheers guys. I appreciate the support as always.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#63 hoff

hoff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

You will get a slight increase in noise but it will barely be noticeable.

I wouldn't be wasting my money on the stainless steel version.

#64 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

Are you going with a bigger than stock pipe size? You might get a better feel under foot.

But yeah, noise/performance will be unnoticable.

As hoff said, don't bother with stainless.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#65 R-Y

R-Y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Rugby league, surfing, cars, music (Rise Against)

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

just go the xforce system and enjoy the Porsche like sound.... Then 'if' you get sick of it sell xforce muffler and put sti one on instead...

#66 Josh.

Josh.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

just go the xforce system and enjoy the Porsche like sound.... Then 'if' you get sick of it sell xforce muffler and put sti one on instead...

+1

#67 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

Thanks heaps guys.

The only reason I'd want to go for stainless steel is for the looks and longevity. Shiny bits always look better underneath a car, no? And because it doesn't rust, wouldn't the resale value be higher than the mild steel?

I'm getting a set of quad tip mufflers from a guy on club.liberty called tbear who works at/owns a place called TCPAUTO (this is his topic). He makes them himself and the quality is pretty immaculate. Because of my proposed budgeting method, I just wanted to know whether the Xforce front muffler and Y-pipe assembly would make a difference with my current stock exhaust so I could place an order now, for example, instead of waiting to get these mufflers.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#68 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

my Liberty will be back on the road before you get an exhaust sorted ;)

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#69 R-Y

R-Y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Rugby league, surfing, cars, music (Rise Against)

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

haha statement of the year so far :sarcastic:

#70 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

How long have I got?

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#71 Josh.

Josh.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

What size is your stock mid pipe? I wouldn't be wasting money to replace it with something the same size just because it is shiny.

I personally would just put the quads on and get your stock centre resonator cut out.

#72 hoff

hoff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

What size is your stock mid pipe? I wouldn't be wasting money to replace it with something the same size just because it is shiny.
I personally would just put the quads on and get your stock centre resonator cut out.

Stock mid pipe and y pipe are pitiful.

Xforce centre and y pipe is a definite upgrade.

#73 Dimeb4g

Dimeb4g

Formerly EOS Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Photography, My Subaru, My Girl and sport!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

my mate did the xforce on his blitzen... sounds sweet... after they forked up his install by putting on the 3" GT system (which surprisingly sounded good for the few days he had it on)

but now has the 2.25" on and it sounds bloody tough!!

1st 1990 Nissan Pulsar Q. What a rocket!
2nd: Gen 2 RX... Loved and lost...
3rd: 1995 Toyota Corolla which drove from Cairns to Bunbury in 5 Days! 6610km!!! didnt miss a beat.
4th: Gen1 GX bought for $500 went like stink... looked like what caused the stink
5th: More civilized now... with a Heritage Wagon... now gone...
6th Mitsubishi KJ Verada..."its nothing like a suby" now gone...
7th: 2002 B4 Liberty TT....

8th: MY04 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Pack Wagon

JLG Photographics Swimwear, Portrait, Commercial and Automotive Photography.www.jlgphotographics.com
582620_371706622901614_542168895_n.jpg

#74 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

Full Xforce exhaust I assume Dimeb4g?

I honestly couldn't tell you. Whatever the stock diameters are... It's not the fact that it's shiny, but the Xforce centre muffler and Y-pipe assembly (as hoff has explained) is definitely an upgrade in itself.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users