• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Zenkiri

Zenkiri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

Already done it all Sony HU was the cause, Swapped it out with my Pioneer HU from my old 323 and everything is perfect.

Also changed grounds and settings.

Asked around on the SMD forum and was told that some HU's will create static especially the cheaper ones. So they said it was normal except that the Sony one had a problem.

I only hear static which is very low in volume threw the tweeters now and the static increases with volume but still isn't very audible.

Everything sounds awesome now and there is no popping or anything.

I know about clipping and everything I just asked my question here as I've never run into static in any of the systems I've put together.

So thanks to everyone who told me to check certain things. I ruled out everything wire and speaker related and the HU is the problem.

I may get a better HU down the track but at the moment I have no problem using the pioneer again.

08 Liberty Sport Wagon

12 Kawasaki Ninja 250R SE

#22 Meadyy8

Meadyy8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

I still reckon an earthing issue lol

#23 Dimeb4g

Dimeb4g

Formerly EOS Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Photography, My Subaru, My Girl and sport!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

I still reckon you need an amp!! specially if your chasing good sound!

1st 1990 Nissan Pulsar Q. What a rocket!
2nd: Gen 2 RX... Loved and lost...
3rd: 1995 Toyota Corolla which drove from Cairns to Bunbury in 5 Days! 6610km!!! didnt miss a beat.
4th: Gen1 GX bought for $500 went like stink... looked like what caused the stink
5th: More civilized now... with a Heritage Wagon... now gone...
6th Mitsubishi KJ Verada..."its nothing like a suby" now gone...
7th: 2002 B4 Liberty TT....

8th: MY04 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Pack Wagon

JLG Photographics Swimwear, Portrait, Commercial and Automotive Photography.www.jlgphotographics.com
582620_371706622901614_542168895_n.jpg

#24 Zenkiri

Zenkiri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

Well I doubt it's a earthing issue since I went over all of my grounds including the one from the battery.

It is a possibility that they aren't getting enough power but then again I was running higher level Rockfords in my 323 with the pioneer and had no static or distortion so I'm still uncertain that's the issue.

I'll be getting a sub and amp so I might later on get a amp for the speakers.

08 Liberty Sport Wagon

#25 Dimeb4g

Dimeb4g

Formerly EOS Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Photography, My Subaru, My Girl and sport!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

I guarantee you it's a lack of power... What speakers are you running? How efficient are they? If they are more efficient they will playback the distortion more so than some that are less efficient... As the distortion lies in the 1-say 8khz range of the spectrum... And your tweeters are depending on crossover playing back 2.5khz upwards...

1st 1990 Nissan Pulsar Q. What a rocket!
2nd: Gen 2 RX... Loved and lost...
3rd: 1995 Toyota Corolla which drove from Cairns to Bunbury in 5 Days! 6610km!!! didnt miss a beat.
4th: Gen1 GX bought for $500 went like stink... looked like what caused the stink
5th: More civilized now... with a Heritage Wagon... now gone...
6th Mitsubishi KJ Verada..."its nothing like a suby" now gone...
7th: 2002 B4 Liberty TT....

8th: MY04 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Pack Wagon

JLG Photographics Swimwear, Portrait, Commercial and Automotive Photography.www.jlgphotographics.com
582620_371706622901614_542168895_n.jpg

#26 U-Shell

U-Shell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Guitar, Music, Audio

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

I guarantee you it's a lack of power... What speakers are you running? How efficient are they? If they are more efficient they will playback the distortion more so than some that are less efficient... As the distortion lies in the 1-say 8khz range of the spectrum... And your tweeters are depending on crossover playing back 2.5khz upwards...

I installed a set of Alpine Type S 6.5" Component speakers in the front doors of my Impreza today and came across my static problem.

Now the speakers don't actually come with a standalone crossovers, It actually comes with some sort of inline coil which goes from the speakers to the tweeters.

@Zenkiri, you said you are getting static noises even at 0 volume? Lack of power would only be introducing that static sound once the volume knob is turned up wouldn't it?

2000 RX Gen 3 Liberty - Sold

http://www.subyclub....-2000-gen-3-rx/

2004 BMW E46 325i Manual - Current weekend warrior

2003 Gen 3 Outback H6 Manual - Current Daily

http://www.subyclub....uild-pic-heavy/

#27 Tim.

Tim.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

Guys, static is noise that you can hear when nothing else is playing.

How can you be running out of power when nothing is playing?

#28 Zenkiri

Zenkiri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

No I'm not getting static at 0 volume. Everything is fine now the static is very very faint with the pioneer to the point that average people won't notice it. I just have overly sensitive ears so I tend to pick up small noises.

And I already know that a small amount of static is normal when nothing is being played.

08 Liberty Sport Wagon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users