Photo

NSW to backflip on P-Plate turbo restrictions.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Robert

Robert

Brappp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,419 posts
  • Interests:Door Frames

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

No matter what is done you wont stop the small majority that will do the wrong thing.

The day they get their blacks they can jump in a turbo/supercharged/V8 car and wrap them self around a pole

#22 WillC

WillC

Scrappy Coco the 2nd! Disc0 Disc0

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:Suby, HOONda, Chasing magical unicorns, turbos. Fruit loops
    Most things with a pulse. Most things that tick and have electric.

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:09 PM

Allow the turbo in the new proposal, however make it mandatory for yearly inspections for mods at rego time. Anyone getting caught impose a large enough fine because obviously they have too much money and can spend it on the car. Or impose an instant impound of the car regardless of ownership. That'll deter their mates from letting them drive their cars.

These rules will be enough to deter anyone. And for those that break the rules. Well they would probably deserve it.

Toy's Garry

Address : 8/88 Seville Street
Fairfield East NSW 2161
PH : (02) 9755 9882

#23 Danny_mc94

Danny_mc94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:cars, cooking and tattoos

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:16 AM

i really don't think the P- Plate restriction is a bad thing.

i am a P Plater myself  and i own a STI (getting it ready for when I'm on my fulls)

and i would hate to see what some of my friends/ (wanker) P Platers can do with a vehicle that's more than 130kw/tonne.

like look at all the KIDS running around with there Type R hondas (V-Teck) why isn't there a ban on these also because these can be just as dangerous!!!!

#24 U-Shell

U-Shell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Guitar, Music, Audio

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

i really don't think the P- Plate restriction is a bad thing.
i am a P Plater myself  and i own a STI (getting it ready for when I'm on my fulls)
and i would hate to see what some of my friends/ (wanker) P Platers can do with a vehicle that's more than 130kw/tonne.
like look at all the KIDS running around with there Type R hondas (V-Teck) why isn't there a ban on these also because these can be just as dangerous!!!!

I completely agree! Why do we need to drive F.I cars on a P's? We don't. Having driven a few tuned STI Gen 4's and a 270atw Spec B, I can happily say that I'm glad we have these restrictions in place. I'll be first to admit I would probably crash any high powered car. People who honestly believe kids will just buy thier little GTi golf etc, and leave it stock is kidding themselves. Look how much money current p platers spend on their N/A cars for 2 more kW. Imagine what it would be like once their car has a turbo, the $/kW ratio is probably halved.

2000 RX Gen 3 Liberty - Sold

http://www.subyclub....-2000-gen-3-rx/

2004 BMW E46 325i Manual - Current weekend warrior

2003 Gen 3 Outback H6 Manual - Current Daily

http://www.subyclub....uild-pic-heavy/

#25 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

Is all because the ecotec Falcon. .. I bet the pwr of that thing is exactly on the cusp. .

So ecotec Falcon + <$500 and you got a decent power rwd that nobody could tell is tuned. .

Watch how many of those things become the new p plate car of choice.
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#26 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:26 PM

Yep just Checked. .. 115kw/tonne
Quicker and snapper and way lighter than a v6 ve
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#27 Stoked

Stoked

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

Anyone know if this has happen yet?

#28 Reevesy

Reevesy

Adriano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

It has sort of has but not to the extent everyone was thinking

Prohibited vehicle exemption

An exemption from the prohibited vehicle condition may be granted if:

• A prohibited vehicle needs to be driven for genuine employment purposes.
  • Eight or more cylinder 4WD vehicles are required by country drivers who have no practical alternative.
  • You can prove direct ownership of a prohibited vehicle prior to the start of the scheme or before an overseas/interstate licence transfer.
  • The vehicle is a moderate-performance turbo/supercharged engine vehicle.

For Moderate-performance turbo/supercharged vehicle exemptions an exemption is given to vehicles under 100kw/t and to vehicles between 100kw/t and 125kw/t if they weigh over 1410kgs and have less than 165kw of power.

List of cars

http://www.rms.nsw.g...exemption.html

This doesn't mean you can go a drive one of these cars straight away you still have to apply for an exemption. But if you have a clean driving history you are nearly guaranteed to get an exemption for one of the cars listed, but any offenses and you will most likely not get the exemption

#29 SC00BY

SC00BY

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:15 AM

It has sort of has but not to the extent everyone was thinking
  Prohibited vehicle exemption
An exemption from the prohibited vehicle condition may be granted if:

• A prohibited vehicle needs to be driven for genuine employment purposes.
  • Eight or more cylinder 4WD vehicles are required by country drivers who have no practical alternative.
  • You can prove direct ownership of a prohibited vehicle prior to the start of the scheme or before an overseas/interstate licence transfer.
  • The vehicle is a moderate-performance turbo/supercharged engine vehicle.
    For Moderate-performance turbo/supercharged vehicle exemptions an exemption is given to vehicles under 100kw/t and to vehicles between 100kw/t and 125kw/t if they weigh over 1410kgs and have less than 165kw of power.

List of cars
http://www.rms.nsw.g...exemption.html

This doesn't mean you can go a drive one of these cars straight away you still have to apply for an exemption. But if you have a clean driving history you are nearly guaranteed to get an exemption for one of the cars listed, but any offenses and you will most likely not get the exemption

No it hasn't yet come into place as far as I know, those current rules were there long before any news of the 130kw/tonne rule was reported (I know because I was looking at exemptions before they were thinking of the 130kw power to weight law)

#30 Reevesy

Reevesy

Adriano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:22 AM

Yes it is in place,the part in bold is the new revised law. I know because I got an exemption before they were thinking of changing the law

#31 SC00BY

SC00BY

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

Yes it is in place,the part in bold is the new revised law. I know because I got an exemption before they were thinking of changing the law

Nope I called the rta to double check and they said the law is still in review and when it goes through it'll be notified on the website

#32 Reevesy

Reevesy

Adriano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

That is on the website just Copy and pasted

#33 Robert

Robert

Brappp

• Members