• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 Dimeb4g

Dimeb4g

Formerly EOS Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Photography, My Subaru, My Girl and sport!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

haha yeah mate, like wise... was good to put a face to the name!

saw plenty of ass... nice cars and a car park full of, dude, you park like an arsehole!!!!

1st 1990 Nissan Pulsar Q. What a rocket!
2nd: Gen 2 RX... Loved and lost...
3rd: 1995 Toyota Corolla which drove from Cairns to Bunbury in 5 Days! 6610km!!! didnt miss a beat.
4th: Gen1 GX bought for $500 went like stink... looked like what caused the stink
5th: More civilized now... with a Heritage Wagon... now gone...
6th Mitsubishi KJ Verada..."its nothing like a suby" now gone...
7th: 2002 B4 Liberty TT....

8th: MY04 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Pack Wagon

JLG Photographics Swimwear, Portrait, Commercial and Automotive Photography.www.jlgphotographics.com
582620_371706622901614_542168895_n.jpg

#42 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

Good to see you checking out Nik's ride... Spewing that it doesn't meet what you're looking for. Honestly I would definitely just get the stock suspension, take it to a workshop, get them to do it all and you'll still drive away to become a dad. It'll only take a couple of hours. I took my car to ICHIban two weeks ago to replace my Billies with new Billies and I have had no problems whatsoever.

I have no clue how much the 200,000 km service would be, but as Ben informed me whilst I was there, all H6's have chains, not belts, so you should be pretty good in that regard.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#43 Dimeb4g

Dimeb4g

Formerly EOS Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

if i am honest, i dont want the high riding outback... i need to have a sporty ride thats not too harsh... b4 was fine... if i could find a GTB gen 3 i'd be happy... but hens teeth... plus im not "allowed" to go backwards in age of vehicle hahah.... she is tops this woman of mine, but she has some funny beliefs...

i' thinking its gotta be less than what i'm used to for major services....

3rd: 1995 Toyota Corolla which drove from Cairns to Bunbury in 5 Days! 6610km!!! didnt miss a beat.
4th: Gen1 GX bought for $500 went like stink... looked like what caused the stink

JLG Photographics Swimwear, Portrait, Commercial and Automotive Photography.www.jlgphotographics.com

#44 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:38 AM

I'll be selling a set of factory Billies with about 140,000 km on them off my Gen IV very soon. They will need to be rebuilt if you're comfortable doing that man.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#45 Dimeb4g

Dimeb4g

Formerly EOS Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

i can get some over here for about $650ish fitted... but as i said, its gotta become more drive less fiddle...

#46 Tim.

Tim.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

There are always going to be things needing to be done when buying a new car, eg. swapping rego over, getting windows tinted and having it serviced - so I would definitely be picking the better/more suited car if it's only a matter of a few hours at a tyre shop having shocks swapped over.

#47 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

There are always going to be things needing to be done when buying a new car, eg. swapping rego over, getting windows tinted and having it serviced - so I would definitely be picking the better/more suited car if it's only a matter of a few hours at a tyre shop having shocks swapped over.

Yeah, I'm going to + 1 this man. 

If its solely the suspension that you don't like, its a small sacrifice to get it switched across pre sale, if you like everything else about it.

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#48 Dimeb4g

Dimeb4g

Formerly EOS Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

there was some faded paint and what not too... but as Nik's a top bloke for coming all the way up and giving me the chance to check it out i'm refraining from mentioning things like that... biggest issue was the suspension... ( no baby and it would be fine) and the other lil things came into play... but none of them insumountable, just want to not have to worry about them...

#49 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

i can get some over here for about $650ish fitted... but as i said, its gotta become more drive less fiddle...

Ah ok, fair enough. Mine would be going for much cheaper than that anyway, but I guess you'd have to spend the money to rebuild them so it's catch-22.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#50 dja

dja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:Tits

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

I saw brand new gen4 billies on ebay for 550 not long ago so they come up now and then.

Also gen4 suspension in a wagon is an under an hour job yourself, nice easy one.

#51 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

there was some faded paint and what not too... but as Nik's a top bloke for coming all the way up and giving me the chance to check it out i'm refraining from mentioning things like that... biggest issue was the suspension... ( no baby and it would be fine) and the other lil things came into play... but none of them insumountable, just want to not have to worry about them...

Yep! All the little things add up! That rear spoiler, the brakes want doing, water damage to LHS tail light, stone chips. etc.

It's all good man, I got HJ's, I'm eating a burger now, and to drive a B4 again. I enjoyed the drive. The right car will come along for you.

:)

Cheers,

Nik

#52 Zac

Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

Yep! All the little things add up! That rear spoiler, the brakes want doing, water damage to LHS tail light, stone chips. etc.

It's all good man, I got HJ's, I'm eating a burger now, and to drive a B4 again. I enjoyed the drive. The right car will come along for you.

:)

Cheers,

Nik

You're a good guy Nik... :)

What did you get from HJ's? Makes me want some now.. LOL!

Too bad you can't just keep the B4 Jon...

2002 B4 Rev E

2004 Outback Premium 3.0R

#53 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

Hi,

I got 10 double cheeseburgers.

All the salad/saucey/crispy shit doesn't travel. This isn't first rodeo. 

Cheers,

Nik

#54 Dimeb4g

Dimeb4g

Formerly EOS Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

You're a good guy Nik... :)

What did you get from HJ's? Makes me want some now.. LOL!

Too bad you can't just keep the B4 Jon...

He is a top bloke, anyone that makes an effort is high in my book. I'm so full i couldn't go a burger!!! But I would if one was presented to me lol...

I might just keep the b4... I got offered 4k trade on an 05 MY06 3.0r liberty... To quote myself... That's disgraceful mate... You know it's not an rx right???

Hi,

I got 10 double cheeseburgers.

All the salad/saucey/crispy shit doesn't travel. This isn't first rodeo. 

Cheers,
Nik

Haha this guy!! ^^^

#55 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

In all honesty, Nik is giving you a steal. He could easily get $13-14k for it. I know a couple of things might need doing, but with the money you're saving, it's accessible. You might be waiting for a while for a car at that price, that doesn't need some work. Not to push you on to Nik's car or anything, but it's a bit of a steal! You might even get away with not spending that much money, you probably wouldn't even spend a $1k, maybe $2k with a major service..

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#56 hoff

hoff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

Mine is 100% for sale now. All the hard work is done.

#57 Dimeb4g

Dimeb4g

Formerly EOS Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

In all honesty, Nik is giving you a steal. He could easily get $13-14k for it. I know a couple of things might need doing, but with the money you're saving, it's accessible. You might be waiting for a while for a car at that price, that doesn't need some work. Not to push you on to Nik's car or anything, but it's a bit of a steal! You might even get away with not spending that much money, you probably wouldn't even spend a $1k, maybe $2k with a major service..

you make a fair point, but as ive said all along, was i wanted something that didnt need anywork, or was already modded.. niks was a good project, but not what i need at the moment... working 2 jobs, and being a first run dad, i'm gunna need my energies, efforts an cashflow elsewhere...

Mine is 100% for sale now. All the hard work is done.

speak to me hoff... or perhaps link me?? what state you in???

edit... its manual... couldnt handle driving a manual around this place....

#58 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

I saw brand new gen4 billies on ebay for 550 not long ago so they come up now and then.

Also gen4 suspension in a wagon is an under an hour job yourself, nice easy one.

That's it. I got mine for $547 including freight from Queensland, not a bad deal at all and they only had a maximum of 600 km on them.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#59 Dimeb4g

Dimeb4g

Formerly EOS Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

600km... thats barely a week of driving for me... lol

#60 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

I wasn't complaining! They're pretty much brand new, considering my original ones had 140,000+ km. :P

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users