28 replies to this topic

#21 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

Like I said, I'm pretty sure my Hanabi taillights meet the Australian Standard. Best thing to do would be to have a look on the hidden side of your taillights (behind what you see when they're installed). There should be some sort of 'AS: 11585' there (numbers are random, so don't be shocked if they're different). :P

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#22 JRod

JRod

The artist formally known as 988OXR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

I am talking about Valenti smoked, like on my wagon.

49fc184d-466e-4e80-955a-4335f99e2c18_zps

20131210_202255_zps73b633b7.jpg

As you can see, they are nice and bright, but could be cop bait.

Take a photo of them in the day. No point taking a photo of them in the late afternoon/evening.

Compare apples to apples. See what other people see during the day.

I'll be the first one to admit to being a hypocrite.

I have tinted my rear end (the car, not my arse), but not so they became black. They are still red.

Posted Image

As soon as i mentioned 300kw I was in trouble :)

#23 lump_a_charcoal

lump_a_charcoal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

Take a photo of them in the day. 

Fair call, will do that tomorrow.

#24 JRod

JRod

The artist formally known as 988OXR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:06 AM

Btw, am jealous. It does look mad on the new wagons.

Posted Image

As soon as i mentioned 300kw I was in trouble :)

#25 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

As far as I know, there are basically 3 rules that need to be followed with aftermarket:

Must have a reflector in the back somewhere - be it on the bumper, within the taillight,etc. But it must be there.

You cannot go from incandescent lighting to LED. End of story. If your car came out with LED lighting, then its ok to change styles, but if it came out with standard bulbs, not permitted. Regency pulled up my brother over this little fact.

And finally, ADR approved. Without this, you are screwed any which way you look at it.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#26 BMX013

BMX013

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

hey guys, scheduel F is the lighting code for australian roads, (studied all this shit in my apprenticeship) 

by law, you are not required to have reverse lights, the are only for lighting up behind u when reversing, they are not an indicating light by any means, 
so long as your tail lights and brakelights are clearly visible then there is no issue.
a cop might give u a defect notice for it but it will be cleared with a pink slip without undoing the tinting... there is no rule in the code about darkness of lights, 

as for headlights its really for your own amusement, they will get u for tinting them but its really for your own interest to not have them tinted.

#27 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

hey guys, scheduel F is the lighting code for australian roads, (studied all this shit in my apprenticeship) 

by law, you are not required to have reverse lights, the are only for lighting up behind u when reversing, they are not an indicating light by any means, 
so long as your tail lights and brakelights are clearly visible then there is no issue.
a cop might give u a defect notice for it but it will be cleared with a pink slip without undoing the tinting... there is no rule in the code about darkness of lights, 

as for headlights its really for your own amusement, they will get u for tinting them but its really for your own interest to not have them tinted.

not required to have reverse lights?  How do other ppl coming from a distance know if you are reversing to give them an indication what is happening and give them a chance to slow down?

There is clearly an ADR rule http://www.infrastru...adr_online.aspx

ADR 1—Reversing Lamps
The function of this Australian Design Rule is to specify the photometric requirements for reversing lamps which will warn pedestrians and other road users that the vehicle is about to move or is moving in the reverse direction, and which during the hours of darkness will aid the driver in reversing manoeuvres.

http://www.comlaw.go...e3-4e94f4c47fa7

If you take what you are saying here, you can have black looking tail lights? (this wouldnt be clearly visable)

There is no where in the ADR rules stating they can be black looking? Only states red

ADR 49—Front and Rear Position (Side) Lamps, Stop Lamps and End-outline Marker Lamps
http://www.comlaw.go...c2-01918b6449b5

Page 13-14 state the minimum luminous intensity

#28 jack_keaka

jack_keaka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:I was saying "boo-urns"

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

Yeah they look so good!! But yeah, RMS will still defect you for it as it's not a standard option.

I mean, the rexy guys are getting defected for putting red vinyl over their red taillights.

#29 BMX013

BMX013

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:14 AM

not required to have reverse lights?  How do other ppl coming from a distance know if you are reversing to give them an indication what is happening and give them a chance to slow down?

There is clearly an ADR rule http://www.infrastru...adr_online.aspx

ADR 1—Reversing Lamps
The function of this Australian Design Rule is to specify the photometric requirements for reversing lamps which will warn pedestrians and other road users that the vehicle is about to move or is moving in the reverse direction, and which during the hours of darkness will aid the driver in reversing manoeuvres.

http://www.comlaw.go...e3-4e94f4c47fa7

If you take what you are saying here, you can have black looking tail lights? (this wouldnt be clearly visable)

There is no where in the ADR rules stating they can be black looking? Only states red

ADR 49—Front and Rear Position (Side) Lamps, Stop Lamps and End-outline Marker Lamps
http://www.comlaw.go...c2-01918b6449b5

Page 13-14 state the minimum luminous intensity

right you are, its been 3 years since i studied it, and  although i topped the course i never paid alot of attention to the details ahhaha (tafe....)
i just remember going through it all with the teacher and him saying that it must be "clearly visible" when we asked these sorts of questions... derp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users