161 replies to this topic

#121 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:47 PM

I love listening to the young and inexperienced. Nick, sorry mate but I think your dreaming. No wonder the STI hasn't sold. I was just offered a MY09 SpecR STI with 12000k's for $54K. Toowong Subaru called me, I hadn't had the opportunity to haggle yet. Farken reasonable don't you think. Market forces dictate what EVERYTHING is worth. Right now the market is farked and Rhys is looking at selling in that market, but he is also looking at buying in the same market. It all balances out.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#122 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Music, Sport, Beer, Wimin

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:50 PM

Hmm your's for 15k, didn't you read Paul and err NAej22's comments? Your car is worthless apparently.

Nick

Im sorry do i need to explain myself again. I'd rather take $15k and buy a GTB rather than an RX. Cars like Alexxx's are worth that $15k, conversion, got everything you need, nothing need changing. 2.5l NA RX or EJ20TT? I think I know which one a majority of people would chose. Or maybe i just shouldnt voice opinions at for this isnt a country of free speach. STFU ***.

Previous: 97 Gen 2 Liberty wagon, 89 NA MX5, 88 Toyota Cresta. Current: 04 turbo MX5, 02 Foz GT.

#123 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:58 PM

Im sorry do i need to explain myself again. I'd rather take $15k and buy a GTB rather than an RX. Cars like Alexxx's are worth that $15k, conversion, got everything you need, nothing need changing. 2.5l NA RX or EJ20TT? I think I know which one a majority of people would chose. Or maybe i just shouldnt voice opinions at for this isnt a country of free speach. STFU ***.

what about my car?? 15k??

:P

2mmwi1w.jpg

#124 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:18 PM

what about my car?? 15k??

:P

I wouldn't pay $7000 for yours. :P

#125 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:45 PM

I love listening to the young and inexperienced.
Nick, sorry mate but I think your dreaming. No wonder the STI hasn't sold. I was just offered a MY09 SpecR STI with 12000k's for $54K. Toowong Subaru called me, I hadn't had the opportunity to haggle yet. Farken reasonable don't you think.
Market forces dictate what EVERYTHING is worth. Right now the market is farked and Rhys is looking at selling in that market, but he is also looking at buying in the same market.
It all balances out.

Haha you bastard, that does not surprise me Frank, Toowong are totally farked from what's been flying around, have they told you how many cars they have to move right now? 54k is ridiculous....was it demo? I'd take it, but get the low down on Finance, or better still, BMW Finance were doing great deals not long ago, you can go through them no worries. Haggle it to at least $50k-$52k or get some extra's. And if you do buy it take a picture of the Principal crying as you drive off haha....

And yeah I know market plays with all of us, but it doesn't help when people are walking around talking down prices of cars because of what they saw on CarSales or RedBook, like come on, we all have to sell our cars some day. And Ash mate, now I'm in a better mood, what year GTB you looking at? And I have a JDM GTB Bar with JDM Foglights if you're interested mate? Direct fit to yours with GT Lip and everything. PM me if interested. Reasonable price as I can't be screwed waiting for a buyer.

Nick

If thy tint is dark and thy wheels are black thou car be declared b11tchin'

So you can run it on 6psi with an rx fuel pump? :P

#126 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:43 AM

Can't agree more been trying to shift a STi for nearly 3months now, 4k price drop and stilll no buyers, although I'm sure Paul would offer 10k "cos' it's used and stuff, and it's not v8". And I know the trouble you had with the Long motor sale and cheap skates.

End of the day, doubt the price will reach $10k. And all this talk is pissing me off as we own a MY03 RX and I can tell you now it's worth more than $10k.

Nick

What are you talking about?

I personally would look at what other sellers are asking before buying a car, I'm not about to pay more than I have to (As anyone with half a brain would).

And you're dead right, your RX is worth more. Its worth 12-13k. Thats what people will see when they read Redbook, then they lol at you.

Edit by Dylan: Watch your attitude Soop.
TSM

#127 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:20 AM

Nik, I disagree with absolutely everything you have said. And don't give Frank advice on buying a car. He's probably bought more cars than you have pubic hairs so just stop talking. A 99 GTB will obviously sell for a significant premium over any RX - it's an import and was never sold locally, hence rarity comes in to the equation. Yes, this particular RX has a few bob spent on suspension, but how hard is it to go buy some teins and some sway bars? Certainly not $5000 hard. If Rhys wants to ask $15k for it, that's his business. If nobody wants to pay that much (and honestly I doubt they will), then he'll have 2 cars for quite a while.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#128 buddylove

buddylove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:28 PM

did i just stumble into ozliberty again?.... certainly feels like it.... car is getting a nice price drop when suspension and goodies are removed. looking at a schmick b4 on friday.. fingers crossed... starting to do my research into fmic with single turbo conversion.. mwhahahaha

MY07 GT-B 6MT Sedan

#129 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Music, Sport, Beer, Wimin

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:44 PM

Ash mate, now I'm in a better mood, what year GTB you looking at? And I have a JDM GTB Bar with JDM Foglights if you're interested mate? Direct fit to yours with GT Lip and everything. PM me if interested. Reasonable price as I can't be screwed waiting for a buyer.

Nick

Its cool. I was tired and shitty as well, sall cool. Im not looking at a GTB, justing using them as an example. When im bored at school i just hit up the car sales websites and yeah. I would consider your offer but as im selling my buket of shit soon, no nee dbut thanks anyway.

did i just stumble into ozliberty again?.... certainly feels like it....

car is getting a nice price drop when suspension and goodies are removed.

looking at a schmick b4 on friday.. fingers crossed...

starting to do my research into fmic with single turbo conversion.. mwhahahaha

Sounds good mate. Out of curiosity what use will this B4 have? Regular track work, drag strip/daily?

Either way sounds like its gonna be a tad hot.

Oh btw, the thanks was a minor c**k up :P.

Previous: 97 Gen 2 Liberty wagon, 89 NA MX5, 88 Toyota Cresta. Current: 04 turbo MX5, 02 Foz GT.

#130 buddylove

buddylove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:05 PM

Its cool. I was tired and shitty as well, sall cool. Im not looking at a GTB, justing using them as an example. When im bored at school i just hit up the car sales websites and yeah. I would consider your offer but as im selling my buket of shit soon, no nee dbut thanks anyway.

Sounds good mate. Out of curiosity what use will this B4 have? Regular track work, drag strip/daily?

Either way sounds like its gonna be a tad hot.

Oh btw, the thanks was a minor c**k up :P.

cheers man. hopefully i do everything right and it turns out to be a quick daily with a bit of track work at morgan park with the boys.

MY07 GT-B 6MT Sedan

#131 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:10 PM

First thing you need to do with any B4, is take the fecking wing off!!!
TSM

#132 buddylove

buddylove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:26 PM

First thing you need to do with any B4, is take the fecking wing off!!!

I like the spoiler..... plus dont i need it for any driving over 19 kph... the rear lifts up and flies away or something yeah? thats what the civic driver up the street told me.

MY07 GT-B 6MT Sedan

#133 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:38 PM

Wings are for faries! :) The Wing on my SS is getting turfed ASAP. hate it. hate hate hate hate hate hate.
TSM

#134 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:52 PM

That's because you're a mullet flapping bogan that lacks class Paul.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#135 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:53 PM

Nik, I disagree with absolutely everything you have said.
And don't give Frank advice on buying a car. He's probably bought more cars than you have pubic hairs so just stop talking.

A 99 GTB will obviously sell for a significant premium over any RX - it's an import and was never sold locally, hence rarity comes in to the equation. Yes, this particular RX has a few bob spent on suspension, but how hard is it to go buy some teins and some sway bars? Certainly not $5000 hard.

If Rhys wants to ask $15k for it, that's his business. If nobody wants to pay that much (and honestly I doubt they will), then he'll have 2 cars for quite a while.

Nick with 16 pubic hairs. Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
:lol: :lol:
That's not many really.

#136 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:49 AM

That's because you're a mullet flapping bogan that lacks class Paul.

Hows that go again baldy?

s'oright. So long as Mr.leaky get you to work.
TSM

#137 buddylove

buddylove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:25 PM

Something is happening shortly.. :) Will update when everything is rocking and rolling.... 2.5 litre single turbo goodness...

MY07 GT-B 6MT Sedan

#138 buddylove

buddylove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:55 PM

198.6 kws atw.... gen 3 sedan goodness...

MY07 GT-B 6MT Sedan

#139 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:56 PM

Spill it or shuddap :P Sounds more and more like Franks car though!
TSM

#140 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:37 PM

198.6 kws atw....
gen 3 sedan goodness...

what?

2mmwi1w.jpg