• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 Hezath

Hezath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

The reason it took so long was that they were having it fixed by some Subaru dealership and it took a while to source the part etc. Maybe I should be glad they handled it haha.

And they threw in a set of new wheelnuts to suit the wheels which was nice.

I won't be there this week guys, bit busy that night.

1973 Nissan H230 Wagon | 1975 Porsche 911S Targa | 1978 Torana UC Hatch | 2001 Subaru GEN3 Outback

#42 Hezath

Hezath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:22 PM

Alright cool, one day down lol. Decided to do everyone who looks at the car a favour and put the standard wheels back on until I address dat gap.

Car dealer went and bought some larger chrome wheelnuts to suit my BBS's (great) and one looked like a different length. Pulled it off, felt pretty awful! The nut was a 12x1.5 instead of a 12x1.25 like everything else on the car. Nice one mate! Kinda munted the end of the stud, I had to run a die down it and it came up okay, anti seized them all and put it back together. Will need to go to the shop soon for another one.

And the clutch felt pretty shit, so I went to bleed it, first pump the pedal stayed on the floor! What an introduction to Subarus hahaha. After an hour or so of pulling my hair out, I got a syringe out and emptied the reservoir, then put fresh fluid in the syringe and pumped that through the open bleed nipple up through the system until the reservoir was half full, then topped it up and pumped the clutch slowly for a few minutes and it started to pressurise and activate the diaphragm spring, now the clutch is at least as good as it was before, maybe a fraction better but still not fantastic.

Crazy cars.

1973 Nissan H230 Wagon | 1975 Porsche 911S Targa | 1978 Torana UC Hatch | 2001 Subaru GEN3 Outback

#43 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:29 PM

Sounds like a great pick up, Heath

:D

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#44 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

Flashing check engine light isnt a good thing man. Get an auto elec mate or someone close by who owns a scantool/laptop + tactrix cable to check if the ECU has spat a code yet. Pretty sure there are several members in melbourne who have one. BBS wheels will look sweet once lowered!

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#45 Reevesy

Reevesy

Adriano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

I got a syringe out and emptied the reservoir, then put fresh fluid in the syringe and pumped that through the open bleed nipple up through the system until the reservoir was half full, then topped it up and pumped the clutch slowly for a few minutes and it started to pressurise and activate the diaphragm spring, now the clutch is at least as good as it was before, maybe a fraction better but still not fantastic.

Crazy cars.

Did you push/pull( not sure if push or pull clutch) back on the clutch fork while filling the slave cylinder? Otherwise air can still get trapped in the slave.

#46 Hezath

Hezath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

I didn't actuate anything at the clutch fork end... must admit I haven't had a whole lot to do with hydraulic clutches, but I've never struggled to bleed them before. This one I had to manually lift the pedal off the floor really slowly before the master actually gulped in the new fluid. At least I guess that is what was happening.

Can't say I've ever owned a car with a 'Check Engine Light' before haha. What normally triggers them? Mine comes on for a few minutes every now and then. It's my intention to look at it in time, but I had assumed it may just be something that isn't urgent, like a fouled sensor, too much oil in the motor (which there is) etc.

#47 Hezath

Hezath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

On the way to work yesterday the clutch just stopped working. Seemed to be Weeping out of the hydraulic line and emptied the reservoir, dealer is ordering me another one lol

#48 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,459 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

On the way to work yesterday the clutch just stopped working. Seemed to be Weeping out of the hydraulic line and emptied the reservoir, dealer is ordering me another one lol

Youre not having much luck with this one are you haha. From memory Simon (Bekkers) suggested checking the clutch master cylinder 

tIeW8DE.png

#49 sbv

sbv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:39 AM

Get a braided line made - because when you convert to turbo, the extra heat will soften the rubber line and it will bulge in hot weather

#50 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

Get a braided line made - because when you convert to turbo, the extra heat will soften the rubber line and it will bulge in hot weather

I like your thinking Josh,

We must talk soon about your conversion,

I have just got a EJ208 halfcut, for my outback & have a few questions for ya.

#51 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,459 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

Get a braided line made - because when you convert to turbo

Clutch is acting up, better convert to turbo

tIeW8DE.png

#52 sbv

sbv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

I like your thinking Josh,

We must talk soon about your conversion,

I have just got a EJ208 halfcut, for my outback & have a few questions for ya.

Yeah no worries - just hit me up in my build thread (or PM and I'll give you my number)  ;)

Clutch is acting up, better convert to turbo

You got it! My clutch acted up last week, so it was strip down the engine, repaint the engine bay and convert to E85 time - hopefully back together this weekend.

I wont bug you again on the conversion Heath - but it would be fun!

#53 Hezath

Hezath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

I'm doing an engine conversion & turbo on my Datsun haha. This thing will stay how it is!

Got another clutch hose made up today and fitted it at work. Car is back in action.

2014-04-04164242.jpg

#54 Hezath

Hezath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

Well the car has been going very well - driving it most days and it is ticking all of the boxes I was hoping it to.

Still haven't collected any bits for the de-lift yet, but I'm starting to prepare my excitement by fiddling with the wheels. After removing the centre (out the front) there is a ring of well prepared silver paint that sits behind the mating flange - on this wheel I manually sanded that out before going up through the grades to a polished surface. Will probably try and chemically clean the others but at least I know I can do it this way if I need to.
2014-04-10210940.jpg

Other than that it goes pretty easily using the same bolts and double-sided-taping the wheel weights back on about an inch towards the middle of the car, apart from the obvious engineering concerns (countersbores on the front of every hole in the set, shanks of the bolts are redundant, no tight spigot that engages with the hoop). I don't agree with the mechanics of doing it, but plenty of people with faster cars seem to have done it before me, and who can argue with those aesthetics!
2014-04-10213345.jpg

Before photo for reference:
http://img.photobuck...-02180836-2.jpg

#55 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:19 PM

Yeah, I don't know if those wheels are any good for you, you should sell them, to me.

:D

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#56 Hezath

Hezath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

Had a parker light out so I yanked the headlight, inserted the new bulb and had a crack at polishing up the plastic. Probably can get a better finish with all the right grades but a significant improvement.
2014-04-12151754.jpg
2014-04-12163853.jpg

Also got these GT-B Bilsteins from Beckers this arvo.
2014-04-13175055.jpg

#57 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

Headlights have come up good! :) 

Billies will no doubt make an improvement. 

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#58 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,459 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:06 AM

Neat. I see the porshce making a cheeky appearance with the billies ;)

tIeW8DE.png

#59 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

Neat. I see the porshce making a cheeky appearance with the billies ;)

Nice pickup on that Nicko.

#60 Hezath

Hezath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:06 PM

Had a little urge to throw some mud, haven't been able to get it out of my system since I sold my V8 Mid Wheelbase 40 Series last year hahaha
http://img.photobuck.../IMG_1641-2.jpg

The Outback looked like this two weekends in a row lol. Spent some time in the country doing big four wheel drifts in the mud & dirt:
2014-04-19095740.jpg

And did the majority of the Grand Ridge Road on the weekend with some mates, this is coming down towards Traralgon through some fantastic mountains with an amazing view - spewing I left the DSLR at home!
2014-04-25143954-2.jpg

But ugliness has to come to an end! Cleaned up the set of Bilstein struts and chucked them in last night:
2014-04-28201207.jpg
2014-04-28211315.jpg
2014-04-29073332.jpg
In time I certainly want to go a fair bit lower than this, but it's a good start.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users