#22 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:16 PM

Hmm. Its a real pain to get mine in and out so trying to avoid having to do that haha. I tinted the halo rings red with a permanent marker but its starting to fade to orange so am thinking ill just get red LEDs for the rings

tIeW8DE.png

#23 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

According to SLi they are a 74 LED bulb and you.need 6

http://www.superbrig...wedge-base/227/

tIeW8DE.png

#24 Tim.

Tim.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:47 PM

I know this is an interior lighting guide, but has anyone tested any T20 dual filament LED globes for parker light/kerb corner lamps?

#25 Cam.

Cam.

OEM+

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

Yep!

Mine work for both :D

Asb2OgK.jpg?1

#26 Tim.

Tim.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

Awesome, which ones did you buy?

#27 cowie165

cowie165

Garage 改善

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:06 PM

Dash rings need 8 x T5 wedge LEDs. You need decent ones that come with built-in resistors.

https://www.jaycar.c...be-red/p/ZD0381

Jaycar ones on the left, with the built-in resistor. Slightly cheaper eBay ones on the right, sans resistor. eBay ones flicker, eventually fail, and mess with your dash electrics along the way.

Attached File  2016-12-04 12.53.39.jpg   190.17KB   9 downloads

"Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure."

BH9 02-05 / BD9 07-14 / BE5 14-> / GGA 18->

2001 Legacy B4-RSK / 1999 ZX-9R C2

#28 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:09 PM

Thank you, sir.

OG post updated

Are the BFM rings coloured red via a film or has the factory globe got a red franga over the top of it?

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#29 Reevesy

Reevesy

Adriano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:28 PM

I would imagine there is no film as originally I put blue LEDs in and it didn't come out purple lol

#30 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:14 PM

I would imagine there is no film as originally I put blue LEDs in and it didn't come out purple lol

given the way LEDs produce light, unfortunately the logic doesn't follow.

#31 cowie165

cowie165

Garage 改善

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:36 PM

Thank you, sir.

OG post updated

Are the BFM rings coloured red via a film or has the factory globe got a red franga over the top of it?

Thanks Jimbo! Glad I could add something. I'm with Reevesy and voting for no film. From memory (original install was >6 months ago) the globes had the green/blue frangas. I bought red frangas and tried them first. Light was orange/red and dimmer than I wanted. LEDs are bright red and super cool. I might be getting globes mixed up with the HVAC conversion. And possibly my old GTR. I'm pretty sure I was scraping bits of rubber off the globes so I could fit the red ones.

#32 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:55 PM

Interesting. IF I can be arsed removing the BFM again, I wonder how it would look with just white rings... sounds boring, I know....

Get all LGBTI and go full rainbow cluster lel

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#33 cowie165

cowie165

Garage 改善

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:19 PM

Get all LGBTI and go full rainbow cluster lel

lol

I think my car identifies as a manual, despite the 4AT you may see underneath

#34 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:00 PM

Can confirm there's no tinting on the cluster. My POV spec colour mod was to just colour the clear ring with a sharpie. Does work but fades after a week or 2

tIeW8DE.png

#35 Toby Perry

Toby Perry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Music and Driving

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:43 AM

aca5bcb5d619d91baba3087fb0ec05a4.jpg

Just for shits and giggles if anyone wanted to know what it looks like.

Converted it all to red, looked to tacky for my liking 2ccbdb3015434a3279013946bf4c7d84.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#36 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:35 PM

Man I need a bfm again. I had red rings on mine. Loved it

tIeW8DE.png

#37 timslib

timslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cars, computers, snowboarding (y)

Posted 16 February 2021 - 10:06 PM

Gday Gents,

Here's a comprehensive list of the bulb types you will need to DIY the lighting on your Gen3's interior. Feel free to add anything or make corrections. This is what i have found in my Gen3 Legacy GTB, some differences may apply to Aus models and wagon/sedan.

Location                              Type                        Amount                      Notes

AT Pwr/Eco Switch               T3 Twist Lock             1                              T3 (8mm Base) For LED's use ones with a cylindrical diffuser for better light dispersion instead of the low profile square SMD.

Wiper Demister                     T3 Twist Lock             2                             T3 (8mm Base) For LED's use ones with a cylindrical diffuser for better light dispersion instead of the low profile square SMD. (JDM)

Rear Demister                      T3 Twist Lock             2                             T3 (8mm Base) For LED's use ones with a cylindrical diffuser for better light dispersion instead of the low profile square SMD.

HID Level Switch                   T3 Twist Lock            1                              T3 (8mm Base) For LED's use ones with a cylindrical diffuser for better light dispersion instead of the low profile square SMD.  (JDM)

Foglight Switch                     T3 Twist Lock             2                             T3 (8mm Base) For LED's use ones with a cylindrical diffuser for better light dispersion instead of the low profile square SMD.

Climate Control                    T4 Twist Lock             5                             T4 (10mm Base) Unit front cover will have to be removed to access 2 of the globe holders. (Cover removed via 4 small screws)

AT Gear Illum.                      T5 Wedge                  1                             Remove gear fascia

Glovebox                              T5 Wedge                  1

Ash Tray                              T5 Wedge                  1                              Easier to access with stereo out.

Cigarette L                           T5 Wedge                  1                             Remove stereo fascia.

Key Barrel Illum.                   T5 Wedge                  1                            Remove column covers, slide off barrel illumination unit.

Map Lights                           31mm Festoon            2

Puddle Lights                      31mm Festoon            2                            Stock item slightly smaller but 31mm will fit.

Roof Light                            31mm Festoon           1

Rear Cargo                         T10 Wedge                 1                            T10 Wedge however it is a big globe. For LED, use something with multiple SMD's.
Dash Cluster                       T10 Wedge                 4                             LED's don't provide enough light dispersion. Use a bright white normal globe for best results.
BFM Cluster Rings              T5 Wedge                   8                             Use LED's with built in resistors (Available from Jaycar)

"BFM Cluster Rings              T5 Wedge                   8                             Use LED's with built in resistors (Available from Jaycar)" 

We are now able to source B8.5D LED wedge-locks from Jaycar, which are the actual correct replacement. :D 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users