allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:21 AM

No dramas. Will do.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#22 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:53 PM

At the post office, air post is 166.86 aud, intl courier is 211.80 aud and express intl 173.80 aud.

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#23 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:24 PM

Courier will get it to you within about 5 business days, express about 7, air post can be up to 3 weeks. Also, Courier and Express are trackable the whole way to delivery, whereas air freight is only trackable to the plane in australia. Got these figures from the ladies in the post office, so if they are wrong, don't blame me lol.

Just put the figures into google currency conversion - Our dollar is sitting very close to the Canadian dollar - 311 AUD is 304 CAD.

Reason for the huge price is the package weighs 8.5kg. PM me your address and other details and I can give you some details for international money transfer if you want to proceed.

#24 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:39 PM

Could always split the turbs from the ECV and up-pipe to lower costs. Surely the turbo itself couldn't weigh more than a couple of kegs?

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#25 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:50 PM

Could do, but then you loose the actuator and all associated bits. At least at the moment it's together and working. But I can split and get another quote. Probably drop it down to about 60 to 100 with all the bits removed. Let me know if this is what you want me to leusgs.
Turbo itself is likely about 4 kg.

DSC_0243.jpg
DSC_0244.jpg

If I remove the actuator/ECV bits, I will also remove the oil/coolant lines - although I'll leave them loose in the box for you - Last thing you want is these to be bent courtesy of the postal service. Once you remove the ECV stuff, the lines no longer have the support and protection during transport.

#26 leusgs

leusgs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:05 AM

Thanks for checking.  I was afraid the shipping would be high.  Doesn't really make sense at those prices. Would you be able to split it?   My ECV and up-pipe are fine to re-use.  Hopefully shipping would be closer to 60-100 then!  

thanks for your trouble...

#27 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:08 AM

Yea, no stress man. Will get it done at some stage today.

#28 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:40 PM

Sorry man, having problems cracking one of the bolts on the ecv, might have to wait till tomorrow for a separated quote. Need to wait for one of my mates to get home to borrow his vice, can't hold the turbo and put force on the bolt when it's not mounted to anything.

#29 leusgs

leusgs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:53 AM

take your time.  pb blaster and a propane torch.

#30 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:24 PM

Just turbo air freight 104, courier 134.65, express 111
Just turbo weight 4.7kg.

#31 leusgs

leusgs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:59 AM

thank you sir.  Someone just called me locally with one for $200.  I'm going to check it out.  If it's no good I will probably have you ship yours Express.   I will advise ASAP.

#32 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:07 AM

No dramas at all. Let me know.

#33 leusgs

leusgs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:17 AM

Well, I pulled the turbo last night.   What an experience that was.   Now, it's a VF27!   I checked the primary and it's a VF25!   Everything I've read says that a 1999 EJ206 E-Tune should have a VF33 primary and VF32 secondary!?

24en7k7.jpg

zink01.jpg

Any ideas on what could be going on here?  Was a VF25/27 combination used on these cars?   Could this be an older motor that was swapped in?   Is there a number on the motor somewhere?  I notice the transmission number matches the VIN plate "type".

Should I put a VF32 on it anyway as a replacement?    Find a VF27?

:dash2:

#34 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:47 AM

32 will bolt up to the manifold no dramas, but I believe they are differing sized inlets - meaning you wont be able to change one without the other (32 and 33 as a set), unless you can find something to seal off the extra space left between the tract and the turbo inlet (which I imagine will be a little difficult to get it to seal properly even if you do manage to space it correctly) I also believe the 27 has a larger inlet than the 32. The other difference is the 32 uses a different turbine blade design, but that will mean bugger all in the scheme of things. I'll look in my stash to see if I still have a spare 33 left from my conversion, if you're willing to pay the extra to change them as a set. I'll throw my inlet tract for the 32/33 in as well.

As far as I know, the 32/33 combination was introduced with the facelift models (Rev D and E, manual and auto ran these), the earlier models (A-C) all ran the 25/27 for manuals and 25/26 for autos. I'm sure someone will either correct me if I'm wrong, or confirm this.

Unfortunately, I've already sold my old 27, so if you want to get one of those, hopefully someone else on here has a good spare.

Cheers,

Ben

#35 leusgs

leusgs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:35 AM

thanks.  Mine is an automatic (1999 JDM wagon) and has VF27 and VF25.   I think I'll keep waiting for a VF27.   May as well keep it simple and the shipping on both primary and secondary would be well above $150. 

If anyone has a good VF27 please let me know.

Sorry for the runaround Ben and thanks for the education.  I'm getting a crash course in Subaru with this car.

#36 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:01 AM

No stress man, good to hear you're learning! I don't mind chasing things up for people who are putting in the hard yards.

#37 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:05 PM

VF25/27 is standard on all GTB's in AT and VF26/27 for the MT's. The turbo's you have on your car are correct. 

I'm not entirely sure where the VF32/33's came in, we obviously got them on our Aus B4 (RSK). The secondary's are interchangeable across all turbos, sharing the same size inlet.

The primary VF33 however, has the bigger snout and outlet and needs the matching tract and intercooler pipe, so for you, doesn't pose any problems as it's unrelated.

The VF33 is the only TT turbo which is physically different. There was also a VF31/32 combo where the VF31 primary has the smaller snout and outlet as with the rest of them.

#38 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:06 PM

Ah beautiful. So the 32 will fit as a direct replacement? If so, let me know if you want it still. Sorry for the bad info, its been a long while since I've had my B4 running the TT setup, so consequently I'm running off memory, which isn't as good as it was. Thanks Jimbo. The 401 ran the 32/33 combo also, so I figured they changed around facelift time. There wouldn't be much sense production wise making a set of turbos for a limited run model like the ADM B4s and the 401 models.

#39 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:19 PM

I have a feeling the D-E sedan (RSK's) got the 31/32/33 as they were mostly manual whereas the wagons were mostly auto so they kept to the 25/26/27. Not entirely sure, though it would seem odd the 401 got the 33/32's and our (detuned) B4's got them aswell. No idea... D-E GTB's seem a bit of a rarity, in Aus at least anyway.

#40 leusgs

leusgs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:01 AM

Well, if the VF32 will bolt onto the up-pipe, down-pipe, and Intercooler exact same as the VF27, let's just get it shipped over!   Allpaw if you want to get me a final quote (cheapest shipping with a tracking number please), we can get this done!

(There's a VF27 locally but the kid can't figure out how to remove it and I don't want to remove it outside in the winter on the street!)    I'd rather trust that your vf32 is a good one and just have it show up in a box.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ej206, twin turbo, legacy, code 66, primary, boost, secondary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users