#41 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:38 AM

No dramas, will do. Your cheapest price with tracking will be the express post, as air freight only has local tracking, once it leaves the country there is no more tracking. So $111 postal costs. I'll organise some method of payment and give you the details via Pm. Add the cost of the actual turbo and you're looking at 211AUD.
I'm on Dayshift at the moment, so I won't be able to get it to the post office until Friday, but I figure it will likely take that time for the money to hit, so all good.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#42 leusgs

leusgs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:37 PM

perfect.  I'll check for PM

#43 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:45 PM

Received the turbo yet man?

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#44 leusgs

leusgs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:16 AM

I received the Turbo last week.  Only took 5 days to get here from AUS - impressive!

I spent about 8 hours installing it this past week.  what a pain in the arse it is!  Much easier once you have done it once though.  Only had a couple small bolts leftover.  I think they are from the hard to reach areas of the heat shields.  Redundant IMO because the shields are tight and doing their job just fine.  Subaru over-engineering.

Hopefully I will never have to do one again.  Are the single turbo (WRX etc) easier to replace?  I sure hope so.

The moment of truth came Thursday night when I watched the tach climb past 4000.  Very nervous!   But then the boost came on at 5000 RPM!   Works perfectly. 

Code 66 solved.  Seized turbo replaced for a reasonable price.   thanks for the help on this one.

http://youtu.be/BJd2STxD24I

#45 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

Excellent, havent heard bad things about the express EMS postage - got something shipped from the states to australia in 4 days, thought that wasnt bad going for the extra 30 bucks.

Good to hear shes working as she should be, and yup, turbo replacements on the gen 3 models are a pain in the arse, although I dont believe the single turbos are much better, dont have to worry about things like the actuator for the ECV and such, but still painful to get too. Hopefully she runs healthily for a long while to come.

Cheers,

Ben

#46 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:15 PM

Sweet ending! Glad everything worked out, hows she drive? Feeling the power you never had?

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#47 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:25 PM

Love the video title '0-60'...

.. and the rest!

#48 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:14 PM

Holy smokes! That'll blow the cobwebs out! 

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#49 EJ206tt

EJ206tt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 01:47 PM

Sorry guys to bring this back from the dead. I have the 99 GT-B with the 31/32 combo and am in need of my primary vf31 Anyone have one kicking around? I have had a heck of a time with this car so many cooling/ heating issues but I am going to make it work.

Thanks

Dave

#50 LukeFranky

LukeFranky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:32 AM

Try making a thread in the 'Want To Buy' section.

The B4 Bomber - 2002 MY03 Subaru Liberty B4, ADM, Manual, EJ208. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ej206, twin turbo, legacy, code 66, primary, boost, secondary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users