73 replies to this topic

#1 06Blitzen

06Blitzen

Blitzen Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:45 PM

So, I got my p's today and thought I may as well start a build thread for the minor progress which still needs to be made. Already went on a cruise to Mt Alexander with my mate in a vx Commodore, absolutely flogged him through the twistys and decent view from the top of the mountain. Absolutely loving life at the moment and enjoying the freedom immensley

Original Mods:
  • Eyelids
  • Tinted tail lights (with cutouts around blinker and reverse light) and mirror blinkers
  • HID lowbeams and foglights
  • 2 1/4" exhaust
  • Outback bonnet
  • Lip spoiler
  • Carbon wrapped interior pieces (which is still perfect despite being 4 years old)
Planned mods:
  • Sti Pink Springs (Installed 13/3/15) then Shockworks eventually
  • Rolled guards (Completed 17/12/14)
  • Kido tune (9/11/14)
  • Enkei T6S 18x8.5 +45 (10/12/14)
  • Brembos (purchased, being painted)
  • Twin turbo kit :P
Maintenance;
  • Remote Batteries (23/6/14)
  • A good detail (Completed 9/12/14)
  • See if I can fix some of the scratches easily
  • Get another eyelid because one is broken
  • Replacement lip spoiler as its starting to lift :(
  • Try to keep it clean :lol:
Pictures!
Black-Blitzen-Side_zps02a3ea0e.jpg
IMG_20140615_132736_zpsdd0983e6.jpg
IMG_20140615_132752_zps78893242.jpg
IMG_20140615_141052_zps66ab82d8.jpg
cp4860241647638868951_zps4f89848e.jpgcp5175771026712152712_zps6fdec6d0.jpg.

New wheels
IMAG0204_zpsab6c582f.jpg

And good picture of how it sits with sti pinks
c3jozNS.jpg

#2 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:48 PM

Nice! I really love the look of the Gen IV Blitzen's. I'd kill for a wagon. There was one for sale when I was in the market and bought my wagon, but they were too expensive.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#3 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

Looks nice.

Also, good old Chadstone shopping centre car park.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#4 06Blitzen

06Blitzen

Blitzen Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:55 PM

Cheers Gary, the blitzen wagons can look bulky at the rear sometimes although the same could be said for the sedans. But the wagons are extremely rare especially manuals and that makes them worth buying just for that :)

Looks nice.

Also, good old Chadstone shopping centre car park.

Haha my first ever pictures of it, was right down from where I picked it up :)

#5 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:55 PM

I don't mind the bulky look on the Blitzen though, especially when the car is a little lowered. It'll even out. Manual Blitzen wagons are definitely hard to come by. I've actually seen quite a few separate Blitzen's in the Shire area alone; sedans, wagons and in both colours.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#6 06Blitzen

06Blitzen

Blitzen Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:57 PM

You definitely get used it so if I had a wagon I doubt that I'd mind. Must be popular up there haha, I've never seen another down here

#7 Krypton

Krypton

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Snow,Cars,Video games,ect

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:14 PM

Congrats man. More of a chance ill see you driving around now as you probably arent going to be out of the car to much for the next few weeks im guessing haha.

#8 06Blitzen

06Blitzen

Blitzen Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:17 PM

Congrats man. More of a chance ill see you driving around now as you probably arent going to be out of the car to much for the next few weeks im guessing haha.

Absolutely not haha, going to soak it up while I can

#9 06Blitzen

06Blitzen

Blitzen Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:25 PM

Met Chris (Absolution) today for a blitzen photo shoot :) he's just sorting through the pics so for now I'll put up some phone pictures of my semi clean car 6fzdD5Ol.jpgoQFvMYFl.jpgfnu30x1l.jpg

#10 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:36 PM

Neat car mate, can't wait to see it in the flesh!

I'm sure we'll discuss exactly what a Blitzen model entails, as I'm more old school if you haven't noticed!

Mt Alexander is an awesome view, my favourite place is the northern rocks - you sort of boulder your way out there past the massive TV/radio antenna's fence.
You'd also like the Diamond Hill rd, Holidays Rd and the old One Tree Hill rd before they closed the rough, narrow section of it. The road up to the tower is in much better condition and a few of the corners have been straighten a little so the corners are not so harsh - from memory none of them tighten up half way around the bend anymore, where as most of them used to do this and catch out a lot of unsuspecting drivers!

Anyway, bring on Wednesday!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#11 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:03 PM

What have you done with your Blitzen rims? Your car gives off a black stealthy look. I like it.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#12 06Blitzen

06Blitzen

Blitzen Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:15 PM

Neat car mate, can't wait to see it in the flesh!I'm sure we'll discuss exactly what a Blitzen model entails, as I'm more old school if you haven't noticed!Mt Alexander is an awesome view, my favourite place is the northern rocks - you sort of boulder your way out there past the massive TV/radio antenna's fence.You'd also like the Diamond Hill rd, Holidays Rd and the old One Tree Hill rd before they closed the rough, narrow section of it. The road up to the tower is in much better condition and a few of the corners have been straighten a little so the corners are not so harsh - from memory none of them tighten up half way around the bend anymore, where as most of them used to do this and catch out a lot of unsuspecting drivers!Anyway, bring on Wednesday!CheersBennie

Cheers Bennie, I'll be sure to explain it all to you on Wednesday. I've been up one tree hill, it's a pretty short and slow drive up so not overly exciting and yes they closed one side of it but if you have a motorbike you'd still be able to ride down it, not sure of the road condition though. Will be sure check out the other roads :) can't wait for Wednesday!

What have you done with your Blitzen rims? Your car gives off a black stealthy look. I like it.

They're sitting in the shed in a stack and I've got a second set coming from Adelaide too, I thinking I'm just going to start hoarding them haha

#13 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:28 PM

Ha ha, fair enough.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#14 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:32 PM

One tree hill is only slow if you stick to the speed limit... Which I would recommend as you never know who's up there - on foot or a deadly treadly.

The other mentioned roads will have limits on them too :/ Still worth checking them out IMO.

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#15 06Blitzen

06Blitzen

Blitzen Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:41 AM

One tree hill is only slow if you stick to the speed limit... Which I would recommend as you never know who's up there - on foot or a deadly treadly.

The other mentioned roads will have limits on them too :/ Still worth checking them out IMO.

Cheers

Bennie

This is true but it's too close to the city so there's too many people around to break it,mt Alexander on the other hand ;).

Lets hope the other roads's limits are higher than one tree hill

#16 06Blitzen

06Blitzen

Blitzen Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:20 PM

My second set of blitzen wheels turned up today, a bit more gutter rash than I thought but nothing deep just scuffs. So they will get stacked up in the shed until they eventually get widened :)

aqkOcCwl.jpg

#17 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

I like the way you're thinking re: widening of the rims :D

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#18 zahmad

zahmad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:38 PM

How can you widen those wheels?

#19 06Blitzen

06Blitzen

Blitzen Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:17 PM

You cut the back of the drum off and insert more metal, its a lot of work and will probably cost a heap but will be worth it. They need to be engineered afterwards too I think, and spacers will be needed as well.

#20 06Blitzen

06Blitzen

Blitzen Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:29 PM

Had a huge day today, went to hardwarebob's to go pick up my newly acquired brembos off his tb sti wreck, however one of the rears was stuck so only got to take the 3 and matt will drop the other one off to Cruisin with my post fl mirrors. After that went to go see Matt McLeod for a revision of the tune, car now has a bit more top end and can confirm it spins in the wet when using the launch control ;). Then drove over to crusin's to drop off the three callipers I had for paint of a secret colour which shall be revealed soon :). Didn't get any pics of brembos but they were just the standard gold which was in remarkably good condition just covered in brake dust

All up it was 5.5 hours of driving so very tired but looking forward to getting my brakes back soon :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users