• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#61 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 03:28 PM

Find a set of cs9s for it. I sure mark had a set of those fitted and it looked sweet.

Wasn't a huge fan Hoff! Simon had a set on it when I went and took a look, and yeah just wasn't my taste. 

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#62 hoff

hoff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:04 PM

Ah fair enough then.

#63 Joss

Joss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:57 PM

The silver are clean, yet still bold enough for it to look good and stand out in my opinion 

Anyway, torqued to spec is just the manuals way of saying 'we couldn't get it any tighter, see if you can'.

#64 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:11 PM

Underseat sub in today. Stock system was lacking alot of bass, but I didn't want a massive sub clogging up space. I went with a Jaycar underseat active 8" sub. Specs on it aren't great, and it was only $150, but it actually sounds pretty decent. It definitely doesn't hit those LOW notes, but for sorta low-mid to mid bass, it works a treat. If you're looking for a sub that can replicate a 10" or a 12" in a ported, proper sized box, this ISN'T the sub for you.

It sounds great inside the car, but you can hardly hear it outside the car, just the way I wanted it. I would possibly consider a second one under the passenger seat, but it sounds pretty good as is. I'll get a nice set of front splits to finish it off. 

Takes away a little bit of footroom in the back, but not a huge amount. 

Solid little unit too. Could definitely take a few knocks

20151018_135609_zpsrrrdpj8t.jpg

20151018_161555_zpsnhvs94zo.jpg

20151018_165354_zpsf36ppvhw.jpg

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#65 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 18 October 2015 - 07:16 PM

Nice one Shaz.

I've used the Jaycar/Response stuff before and been quite happy with it.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#66 simon

simon

Mr POINTY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:25 PM

Nice work shazbanger!!!

SOLD Legacy GTB 

SOLD Gen 1 RS turbo wagon

SOLD Gen2 Outback limited

Car less atm.......Whats next??

#67 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:41 PM

Noice. Should get goin on the V3 swap though lel

tIeW8DE.png

#68 andrew_k

andrew_k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:49 AM

I assume the outback has the heating vents to the rear under the front seats like other subaru? If so, you might want to block off the vents in front of the sub as you'll be directly heating the amp.

#69 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:31 AM

I assume the outback has the heating vents to the rear under the front seats like other subaru? If so, you might want to block off the vents in front of the sub as you'll be directly heating the amp.

Yep, done that too, couple of strips of duct tape across them as they were pointing directly at the amp. 

#70 andrew_k

andrew_k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:35 PM

Cool, didn't mean to tell you how to suck eggs, just better safe than accidentally cooking the amp!

#71 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:35 PM

I didn't bother with mine and it's been a year and it's fine. They are that cheap I wasn't to worried. Surprising how good they are for the price.

Sent from my HTC_0PKV1 using Tapatalk

H1BI8Fb.jpg

#72 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:10 PM

Cool, didn't mean to tell you how to suck eggs, just better safe than accidentally cooking the amp!

All good bud, all good ideas have to come from somewhere!

#73 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:37 PM

+41 certified good tip.

#74 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:34 PM

Going to take the 18's off soon for refurb and new tyres, so I'll put the stockos back on (I actually don't mind the look of them) 

Wheels will be getting a bright alloy silver and some chunkier tyres, then more low. Needs a good clean though.

20151030_182551_zpsas6cw629.jpg

20151030_182558_zpssaculyrw.jpg

20151030_182615_zps1qnhc3kh.jpg

#75 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:44 PM

Black wheels really don't suit the two tone.

Bright silver will look good.

OEM+

#76 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 07 November 2015 - 10:26 AM

^ Agreeing with Mark.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#77 andrew_k

andrew_k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:05 AM

20151030_182615_zps1qnhc3kh.jpg

When scrolling through the page the reflection in the window looked like the airbag had gone off. PHEW.

#78 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:21 AM

Hahaha. Nope, that's just an absurdly disgusting window that is in dire need of a good clean. 

#79 Joss

Joss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:41 AM

Hows the jaycar sub going shaz? Looking to get one as well but dont want to waste my money if its useless.

Anyway, torqued to spec is just the manuals way of saying 'we couldn't get it any tighter, see if you can'.

#80 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:24 AM

Hows the jaycar sub going shaz? Looking to get one as well but dont want to waste my money if its useless.

Its not bad mate. It isn't the best quality, and the sound isn't perfect, but it does the job. To be honest, a good set of 6.5" splits would probably do the same job. If I had my time again, I would use the money and invest in a decent set of splits. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users