66 replies to this topic

#61 Toby Perry

Toby Perry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Music and Driving

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:33 AM

Good luck fixing the on/off throttle jerk, mines terrible and nothing seems to fix it yet!

I've done all diff bushes, all rear suspension bushes bar 1 of the lower arms (both sides).
Mucked around with the Iacv, no luck there

Thing I'm yet to try:
New engine and gearbox mounts (coming soon)
Front suspension bushes

yeah either that or I have heard vaguely about something with a dual mass/single flywheel setup which changes harshness. Can't remember which one had the problems, but I was told thats where some of the jerkiness came from. 

#62 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:24 PM

A mate had the same thing on his Gen 2 liberty (modified with lift and H6 conversion), and another mate with a Gen 3 outback.

Both ended up selling but for different reasons. New bushes, clutch, gearboxes, IACVs and even an engine swap didn't change a thing.

I believe it's got a bit to do with slack in the drive shafts - while they're not worn enough to be clicking that slack in 8 cv joints can add up and could create that bounce like effect at low throttle (clutch dampening springs doing all the bouncing as it takes up the slack then releases the tension as the vehicle gots slow then faster then slower etc). I'm keen to know if Auto drivers experience the same thing.

Anyway. Those gauges look mint, I'm keen to see one of these steering wheel mounted units.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#63 crjohnson

crjohnson

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:21 PM

Good point about the auto cars! 

I've actually also got liberty front struts and king spring lows in the rear of my car. No difference to the jerk.

I also have a new exedy clutch to go in with y new engine soon so will see how that goes. (Except i'll be doing engine and trans mounts at the same time).

#64 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:08 PM

Mines auto with 168k on it. Haven't touched any of the driveline bushes and have zero noticeable on/off throttle jerk.

OEM+

#65 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:29 PM

As a test Cruisin, in a carpark at low speed give a little bit of throttle then come off again quickly. This is the best way to test for the bounce. There are other situations where it can occur but this is the easiest way to test it.

Crjohnson, it'll be interesting to see if the clutch change does the trick as I'm sure those springs would lose tension over time and allow more bounce like this.

I've not had it in my L series with ej22 and L AWD box, but then again my rear shafts are pretty loose! I did destroy a clutch disc once. Drove it with a jammed clutch (couldn't use the pedal as it was rock solid) off Hotham to Omeo, Lakes Entrance then attempted to drive back before it completely let go on a sweet section along the Tambo river :( Immanaged 350km with it in this condition before it let go. I'm glad I had a good starter motor!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#66 Toby Perry

Toby Perry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Music and Driving

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:22 PM

Mod list update, replaced all my speakers and decided headunit wasn't cutting it running off an amp (what a difference).

Also tightened throttle cable, runs a bit smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#67 applegeek897

applegeek897

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Technology and Photography

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:22 PM

Damn just looked back at the before and after, crazy! Awesome work man!

Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users