H1BI8Fb.jpg

#63 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:54 PM

Time for bit of a update. Got the panel beaters to most of there damage, took bit of a fight though :/
Locks and electric window fixed, seat switch kinda works :/ and a new window trim.
Got the car retuned as I could here a noise that I thought was bad pinging. Turned out it was one of Matt's first cars he done and had his original tune setup on it. Cars a lot smother now and a bit torque'er. Also fuel economy is heaps better. Sadly it seems the sound is not pinging but the timing chain :( Got a quote to get it done for 2000 to 2500 dollars! Parts are 600 on partsouq so I guess I'll do it myself. The noise is actually getting quiter though not sure weather I should happy or worried?
66bd1d83550cb2fd67d46f78b2fdb741.jpg

H1BI8Fb.jpg

#64 applegeek897

applegeek897

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Technology and Photography

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:26 PM

Nice updates man!

Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -

#65 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:55 PM

Shit that you had to fight your insurance company to the little things fixed...

Even worse is when it's been damaged by the repairers.

Recently my sister inlaw got her rear ended swift fixed via her insurance - the damage was done four years ago and the rear floor pan in the boot was found to be damaged after that started work on it. Lucky girl to get it in. Everything seems to have come back in good condition.

Hopefully you don't have any other issues.

And the aftermarket grille/fighter jet scoop looks best ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#66 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:06 PM

Thanks guys 

Recently my sister inlaw got her rear ended swift fixed via her insurance - the damage was done four years ago and the rear floor pan in the boot was found to be damaged after that started work on it. Lucky girl to get it in. Everything seems to have come back in good condition.

Lucky depends on how much it was insured for haha, though the sentimental value of a car comes into as well though  ;)

H1BI8Fb.jpg

#67 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:17 PM

It's a swift. How can anyone get sentimental over one??

It should've been cubed and turned into a toolbox or something else useful...

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#68 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:34 PM

Time for an overdue update  :D

Took a week of work and got the timing chains done, replaced most parts I touched just to be sure, chains, tensioners, guides and water pump. was also due for a service so new coolant while it was drained and engine oil and filter. it all went well and wasn't to much trouble, there's a good amount of space with the radiator out.

J4kBL7l.jpg

It looked like the cover had bean leaking so its a good thing it came off.

Po3goZg.jpg

Old chains, nothing really looked wrong  :scratch_one-s_head: Figured the tensioner could be bad internally were oil pressure acts on it.

Once it was all back together I took it out for its first drive and all seemed good :yahoo:  but then I heard the  :fork: ing rattle again!

Thinking it could have been pinging like I originally thought I filled it up with E85 and waited about a mounth for Matt to come down to mexico while driving carefully to not promote it.

Saw him yesterday and found out that if the chain movement can damage the VVT mech in the cam gears a bit causing them to max out causing the noise. Set them to only go 40deg timing instead of 50 max and adjusted timing to suite. and it seems to of worked  :yahoo: and apparently the 10 degree loss only causes about 3 Kw loss, so not noticeable.

He also noticed my vac line to the MAP sensor had fallen off so we fixed that up, surprised it didn't throw a code and it still drove well haha. Does feel much better now but.

Feeling the modification itch again though 

H1BI8Fb.jpg

#69 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:49 PM

The modification Itch struck.

had Friday so I went and got slimline black plates finally haha.

qSRtNaF.jpg

DRougrm.jpg

Already cleans it up heaps but had planned more  :yahoo:

Drew up some number plate risers and dad cut them out at work on a CNC machine.

sJzw3SQ.jpg

Installed them with some new bolts and washers.

S1vf32M.jpg

Hides the dumb mounting points at the back and cleans the front up nicely.

SdeTc6h.jpg

JzBpO94.jpg

H1BI8Fb.jpg

#70 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:52 PM

They sit perfectly, nice work.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#71 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:20 PM

Thanks mate :)

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

H1BI8Fb.jpg

#72 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

Very neat. You could sell those.

OEM+

#73 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

Very neat. You could sell those.

Said that to dad when he made them, didn't seem interested at all haha. Made 2 spares and a friend instantly wanted to pay for them haha

H1BI8Fb.jpg

#74 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:13 PM

I couldn't handle the miss matched HU surround anymore :angry:

Got some 3M brushed black wrap, heat gun and got to work, and the result was great  :yahoo:

4b0yS2a.jpg

cPHjqxU.jpg

It was very fiddly especially the climate controls, took a couple of attempts to get around the knob, but was all worth it. Also did the worn out door handles.

sNQ4yUT.jpg

When I bought the car the owner was gonna give me a set of CS9's but I let him keep them to negotiate some more as I had my FL wheels to go on and regretted it ever since :dash2: . But this week I saw some up for cheap and picked them up, CS9 wheels with hankook ventus v2 tires. I plan on removing the tires and painting them up as they are pretty rough, one has been clear coated and came out gold :sarcastic:  Thinking of going STI gold or a few shades darker the the FL spec B wheels, any opinions would be appreciated  ;)

IEldXz5.jpg

5ChiRPM.jpg

When I picked them up the last owner said they had been signed and maybe owned by someone on the internet but he had no Idea who and couldn't find it, managed to find the signing on each wheel but still confused by it, gonna be painted over any way but I found it interesting haha

A2XWQA7.jpg

Also a friend at work also seemed to copy me and picked this up not long ago, I've been trying to get him on here for a while haha

yOghBnG.jpg

H1BI8Fb.jpg

#75 motoboy76

motoboy76

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:Subaru's, Dirt and road bikes......

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:08 PM

Nice the surrounds came up sweet....

#76 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:58 PM

Long time no updoot, sorry I haven't been on here much at all for nearly 2 years as I stayed away from the car scene for a while so I guess it's time for an update.
The wheels came up ok after a quick paint job of a bronzy gold colour, got them fitted and they looked ok, just ok...

X7SwEYQ.jpg

Se5FCZz.jpglook good on some angles and pics but they just looked weak, even though they're the same size as the spec b wheels they looked small and skinny to me. I didn't think it was worth while getting proper tyres for them as they needed replacing ASAP so I sold them of.

Later on my work mate decided he didn't like his eyelids so I gladly took them of him.

nQMRI89.jpg

I eventually got sick of the letters from subaru about the takata airbags so I took it in, wasn't surprised to find my mint dash (rare for a gen 4) had been cracked right on top of the cluster during the process. Thankfully they replaced it without to much of a hassle so thanks to suby berwick as being a diesel Mechanic I know these things happen and a are a real PITA.

UCiDXSK.jpg

My interest then moved to 2 wheels for a while, got my license and bought a mint ninja 250 with only 3000 kms on it, only mod I did was a cheap slip on. The Ninja was great fun even when hitting twisties with mates on 600's but after about 9 months I wanted something more exciting and didn't have to rev to 10k rpm to pull away from cars after filtering at every light on the way to work.

MmfgWXB.jpg

Next came my yamaha FZ6R, full Derestrict just with 1 $20 part and it goes well and sounds ridiculous with the back widow pipe I fitted.

p08nFAV.jpg

The car has started getting a bit of love again, I had been toying with the idea of getting new tyres and maybe wheels and eventually stumbled on a set of Enkei Raijin 18/8 +45 with near new RE003 rubber for a good price so I jumped on it. They were filthy so I spent an arvo cleaning them up and they came up pretty great.

crQhrmY.jpg

hGR8whq.jpg

Fitted them up a week later and love them, perfect fitment and make the car look much more purposeful with the wider tyres. They scrubbed the rear guards really bad but rolling the guards completely fixed it. The wheels have made me appreciate the car and how well it's held up to living outside and it's duties again so I may start cleaning some more things up on it again. Even considering doing a track day at the moment just concerned about breaking something on it as it's getting older  :scratch_one-s_head:

Ey03YJz.jpg

W1G1sRG.jpg

H1BI8Fb.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users