272 replies to this topic

#261 cowie165

cowie165

Garage 改善

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:06 PM

Dude I didn't know yours has a sunroof! Please msg if you ever decide to sell!

I couldn't get to HVC today. Hope you had a good one mate

"Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure."

BH9 02-05 / BD9 07-14 / BE5 14-> / GGA 18->

2001 Legacy B4-RSK / 1999 ZX-9R C2

#262 patrick27s

patrick27s

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:26 PM

hey man clean find. love the white

thanks mate

#263 patrick27s

patrick27s

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:29 PM

Dude I didn't know yours has a sunroof! Please msg if you ever decide to sell!

I couldn't get to HVC today. Hope you had a good one mate

hahhaa I'll keep you in mind if I ever decide to put her up for sale. Was an awesome day! Hopefully next year you can make it

#264 patrick27s

patrick27s

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:23 AM

So haven't been many updates lately because winter is horrible and it's already dark when I finish work lol, but I got some new centre caps for the car as the old ones were pinched in Hobart before I owned the car, I wasn't sure if I'd like them so I just got replica ones to suss it out. I think they look pretty good so I'm on the search for some Rays ones from Japan ddf74b3f2b41b691b3a07e64e460db5d.jpg

I'm still waiting for the rear diff mount bushing to arrive but it looks like it's a lot of effort to replace them, Subaru recommend pulling the whole rear subframe out, if anyone has done them before let me know what I'm in for

I got a replacement BBOD, cleaned it out, put her in and the car goes great, no check engine lights since I replaced it. I'm gonna put the factory ECU in tho because it's still running height boost and I'd rather it run like factory for now while I fix up a few other things. I also think I have a small oil leak on one of my primary turbo as after HVC there's was a little bit of smoke coming from my hood scoop (barely visible unless in the right light, when I popped the bonnet I noticed it was coming from around the primary turbo so I'll have to pay that some attention now.

Some dirty pics of my car at work the other day cf0313839eafc68c262e62f2615b62b1.jpg13389b2d7a828bf027be67cb2b2056f3.jpg

I also purchased a few goodies I will be picking up shortly to install on the car soon.

Another question for the people who have installed 2 pot wrx rear brakes on a gen 3 or similar, I have some dog bones but they don't work properly as it doesn't clear the control arm (I think). Does anyone know if the hand brake cables are the same, I have a hub and the mounting plate from a 2007 wrx and not sure if I change everything if it'll work. I might try pull everything off and just suss it out. But if you do have 2 pots tears on a gen 3 tell me how you did it please haha and photos of the dog bones installed would also be great.

Chers, Pat

#265 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:30 AM

Looking very nice.

I hate those little oil dribbles 

#266 patrick27s

patrick27s

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:47 AM

Looking very nice.

I hate those little oil dribbles 

yeah I'm hoping it's something easy to fix like a hose clamp or something haha

#267 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:51 AM

yeah I'm hoping it's something easy to fix like a hose clamp or something haha

May as well go single lel. 2 pots with dogbones on a gen 3 are a real pain in the ass. The control arms have holes cast into them so you can get an extension and socket onto the caliper bolts. These holes dont line up with the caliper mounts for the dog bones. Reallll pain to get them all bolted up. Only way to get factory mounting of 2 pots is to get S401 rear hubs unfortunately. 

tIeW8DE.png

#268 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:25 PM

Only way to get factory mounting of 2 pots is to get S401 rear hubs unfortunately. 

Ive fitted many 2 pot FHI and Brembo rears to standard cars with dogbones. Easier than bolting on rear Brembo's to STi backing plates......  You need a special 17mm ring spanner for that.

Buy my Axis 2 pot rears. Direct bolt on fitment to your backing plates with zero issues and no dogbones, because dogbones are technically unroadworthy......

OEM+

#269 Miguel

Miguel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:21 AM

S401 isn't the only gen3 with rear 2 pots.

Nvm I'm wrong, they only have 4/1 setup.

MjC8i57.jpg

#270 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:04 PM

yeh, looks like 4/1

#271 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

S edition only had standard, single piston 290mm rears albeit painted red to match the oem 4 pots up front.

OEM+

#272 patrick27s

patrick27s

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:55 PM

Hey guys, long time no post, I’m having trouble with error code 62 ecv negative pressure solenoid. I’ve tried cleaning it, I’ve swapped BBOD and ECU and I can fix it or get it to go away. Been trying to search everywhere but no luck atm.

#273 patrick27s

patrick27s

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:56 AM

Quick update on the GTB

Recently I’ve been having some troubles with the GTB and some CEL lights that randomly decided to cause trouble hence the lack of post in recent months. Lots of random twin turbo related issues especially to do with secondary turbo changeover ecv stuff etc.

After trying just about everything; replacing vacuum line, changing solenoid box, cleaning solenoids, changing ecu’s. I thought it could be a wiring problem with the loom for the ecu. Had a quick look as the loom was modified to include the zero sports sequential controller which I removed and restored to original, one of the joints was it electrically sound and I re joined the cable and had no CEL which was great!

Although I had no boost at all and then eventually got cel 66 (I believe, over or underboost issue) after looking through the solenoid box and comparing it to pictures I took earlier in the process I noticed I installed the one way valve the wrong way and so none of the solenoids would work and there was no vacuum in the vac tank. After flipping it around I had primary boost but would cut out and then nothing on secondary turbo.

Replaced the whole solenoid box again and we had boost on primary and secondary turbo!! Woo, using the factory ecu and the changeover is a bit worse compared to the zero sports one, sometimes the boost drops to almost nothing and other times the boost drop isn’t that bad, hard to figure out. But it definitely feels a little flat on changeover compared to what it used to feel like.

Nonetheless the wags lives on and so after I save a bit of money I’ll be updating this thread more regular, hopefully in a few weeks I’ve got some tasty optional parts to install on the car and will have some photo updates.

Thanks, Pat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users