Photo

The SC Mutha-Flippin GT - What's a 4rum?

• Please log in to reply
1627 replies to this topic

#1301 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 24 May 2021 - 08:49 PM

I'm alive! And I still have my eyebrows... :D

Thanks guys.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#1302 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 24 May 2021 - 10:09 PM

Hahaha, that's always a plus! My groomsmen got warned that I needed to be on the same state that I left in, including all visible hair intact lol. May have had something to do with my bucks being the night before the wedding, but hey!

Glad that it all went well from what I can tell!

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1303 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 07:30 PM

It went amazingly well! Had a blast of a time to be honest, would definitely want to have another night out the same if I had it my way. :P

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1304 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 25 May 2021 - 11:47 PM

^ that says it all and is exactly what you want in your bucks party!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#1305 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 26 May 2021 - 09:24 PM

Glad you came out of your bucks night unscathed Gaz!

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#1306 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 03:43 PM

Thanks Jase. Unscathed, yes. Tired as fork, hell yes.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1307 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 10:02 PM

Has anyone used vpost for shipping from the US to Oz?

I found a part in the US and despite them stating on their website that they ship worldwide, they won't ship it to Melb. Damn annoying...

I was thinking of using vpost to get it here, but have never shipped anything this way before.

Are there better options to solve this issue?

TIA

#1308 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 28 May 2021 - 12:48 PM

I found a part in the US and despite them stating on their website that they ship worldwide, they won't ship it to Melb. Damn annoying...

Just tell them they can’t get covid by sending stuff to Melbs (they have enough of it over there anyway so I can’t see the issue)...

As for vpost - is that one of those virtual mailbox mobs? A mate of mine used one of those a number of years ago and they were really good in his experience.

All the best with getting the part back home ;)

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1309 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 05:51 PM

So... How's lockdown 3.0 treating people so far? No changes here really, just can't see people over the weekend. Might actually get some study done!

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1310 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 08:48 PM

So... How's lockdown 3.0 treating people so far? No changes here really, just can't see people over the weekend. Might actually get some study done!

Strathdale Aldi - loads of stuff gone from the shelves. Woolies near by had quite a bit of the none perishables gone. Across town in Kangaroo Flat Aldi was a really calm atmosphere to shop in. This was Thursday afternoon.

Today was lax. No need to go to work but did a remote meeting then some PD work. Feels much like a public holiday atm...

Might go for a family bike ride tomorrow and plan some project work (aka pulling stuck rear adjustment bolts out of the Pajero and probably having to replace them. I’m also playing with a wiring loom for the brumby that I would like to complete the cut down on).

Who else reckons it’ll be more than a seven day lockdown?

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1311 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 09:14 AM

Nah, I don't think it'll go longer, I actually think they'll call it earlier, it's just so the contact tracers can get a handle on the high exposure sites like the footy. Once they have a handle on it, they'll relax the rules again. Just so happens that the state of emergency expires on the 4th June too. See what happens there. We needed a to do a shop on Friday, so we moved it forward to Thursday so we didn't need to wear masks, and I'm almost ashamed to say that we got toilet paper, but thats only because we actually needed it. Had 2 rolls left in the house. But we were surprised to see Aldi Ararat actually had some good stuff left. Didnt have to resort to single ply! But interestingly, it was the perishable stuff that was gone. Fruit and veg and meat had been seriously raided! Wanted to get some mince, but there was none left...

One of the guys I work with went down to grab a box of jacks Thursday and got asked why he wasnt getting toilet paper lol

Does mean that I can't help Chris out with his gearbag swap this weekend, but we'll make it work the following week.

Cheers,
Ben

#1312 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 11:22 PM

Lockdowns going ok.

Worked online yesterday, went ok despite students not checking their emails/texts on Thursday for the online study instructions.

Spent the today bumming around, raked up some leaves and pulled the washer bottle and pumps out of the RB. At least I now have front washers again.

I've got an each way bet on lockdown going 14 days....

#1313 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 09:39 AM

You working in private education Jase? Our students were given the day off so no check ins etc required.

Day three of lockdown and I’ve still not worn a mask - or stepped outside our front gate... that’ll change today though. Time to find our stash of masks!

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1314 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 06:59 PM

Yeah I do Bennie, semi private tertiary plus I do a hand full of days each year for a private company.

#1315 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 07:42 PM

Yeah I do Bennie, semi private tertiary plus I do a hand full of days each year for a private company.

Nice. I didnt know there were other teachers on the forum but thought would be several of us. Its not really something you suss out on purpose though.

With more locations added and more exposed well be in this for longer for sure. Time will tell.

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1316 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 03:28 PM

Word/sentiment around town is that we’re in this for at least three weeks. Statewide so no need to police the “ring of steel”.

There were lots of ppl at work compared to previous lockdowns when job keeper was around. I wonder why that might be??

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1317 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 05:42 PM

Yep, people definitely have more incentive to work now they are not getting wads of cash thrown at them. My missus had trouble with quite a few staff getting them to work a few hours a week while on job keeper. It's like they feel they don't need to work as the Govt pays, not the company. I call that 'the dole'.

I'm think at least two weeks Bennie (one full virus gestation), but it may well be more. Already chatting with the boss about a 'worst case' scenario if this goes beyond two weeks. I hope it doesn't, it's only been 3 days and I'm over it!

Need to sort some camping over the holidays in the event we are free then. Mmmmm maybe Ararat region.

#1318 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 09:35 PM

Well, it seems my prediction on calling it sooner was decidedly incorrect. Hope everyone is keeping well. It's good to see more people being classed as essential workers now, the list is quite expansive. Be sure to let us know if you head up this way Jase! Be good to put a face to the name!

Cheers,
Ben

#1319 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 11:03 PM

Well, last night's wild weather has knocked out our power, along with 200,000 of our neighbors.
100m up the street a tree went down over the power line, 300m the other way same thing only this one smashed the top off the power pole.
It's been nearly 24hrs and it looks like a couple more days before we can have heating, hot water and lights.
In the mean time, all my camping lights are dotted around the house and the gas fridge is keeping some of the food cold.
I feel for those who have their houses smashed or their cars crushed. A Commodore around the corner has a tree resting on its roof. It's ok though, the tree is fine. 😀

#1320 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 01:03 PM

Thats tough mate. My parents are the same, 4pm today is when their power is expected to be back on again. Good excuse to get the open fire cranking, drinks will be cold regardless ;)

One of my mates in the same area had the same issue but no fireplace. I dunno how hes doing it with two young kids. I reckon school would be looking real good for them - if they had power too.

All this highlights just how good it would be to have an off the grid setup - something Id love to achieve one day (sooner rather than later).

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users