Photo

The SC Mutha-Flippin GT - What's a 4rum?

• Please log in to reply
1627 replies to this topic

#1261 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 23 April 2021 - 10:22 AM

Great to hear from you Kong and best of luck in your job search once July comes round.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#1262 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 24 April 2021 - 12:28 PM

In other news, packing and moving sucks monkeys balls.

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1263 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 24 April 2021 - 11:22 PM

Yes, but you are moving to the new joint!

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#1264 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 06:25 AM

Yea, moving to the new place Jase. Will be great once we're there, but it's painful actually packing and moving everything. I forgot how bad moving is...

Cheers,
Ben

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1265 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 10:10 AM

How long to go before you're in?

#1266 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 08:30 PM

Probably a week to 10 days I reckon Jase, depends on a couple of things, but hoping to be in by the end of this weekend.

Cheers,
Ben

#1267 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 08:45 PM

Are you a renter or buyer (out of curiosity)?

I hate moving. My first move was to our first property and I'd hate to be doing it too often... The next time I move would be into our forever home. :P

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1268 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 09:23 PM

Renter at present, but I've still got my old house in SA, which was converted to investment when I came over to Vic back in 2015. Unfortunately I'm still waiting for it to sell before I can buy down here. The split with my ex was both painfully long and an exorbitantly expensive endeavour.

It set me back several steps. Bit of a pain now, cos the SA property won't make any money now due to circumstances, and first home owner is off the table due to already owning. Bit of a bastard of a situation really. But, new place has all the things we need, and rent won't cost the earth.

Cheers,
Ben

#1269 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 09:38 PM

Always look at the bright side. Shit happens for a reason. Best of luck with it all Ben.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1270 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2021 - 11:07 PM

My gearbox is like your Geminis engine...

Whut? It pisses oil out of the half moons no matter what you use to seal those stupid things!?

forking Geminis, right Jase!

Wassup Gaz.

Howdy Ben. Moving certainly does suck. The amount of shit you find & chuck out is amazing hey.

#1271 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 05:14 PM

The split with my ex was both painfully long and an exorbitantly expensive endeavour.

Yep, it sure is Ben!

Its been over 5 years now and my ex is still being difficult to deal with. FFS, just move on and lets both parent our kids.  :dash2:

Whut? It pisses oil out of the half moons no matter what you use to seal those stupid things!?

forking Geminis, right Jase!

Hahaha, yeah forking Geminis.

My half moons never leaked Kong. Mind you, my rocker cover gasket got replaced every 15,000km when the valves got adjusted. :)

#1272 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 08:09 PM

Wassup Gaz.

Same old my man, same old. Nothing changing on my end except moving away from a Subaru and work. I'm getting married in June as well so that's another thing keeping me HELL busy.

Wedding planning sucks. So much to do (and spending so much money) all for one day...

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1273 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 08:22 PM

Yea, no stress at all with renting to be honest Gaz. The new house has the decent shed and we've just finished doing the house up, so it's gonna be a nice place to live in. Joys of the in-laws buying it, is you can work on it without issues.

Hahaha, you speak the truth there Kong! We haven't thrown too much out yet, but we've only packed half the unit, and I threw out shitloads when I moved the shed a while back. It's not till you move that you go through shit and think, holy fork, why do I still have that?!

Thankfully I didn't have kids with mine Jase, otherwise it still wouldn't be done. Took us 2 years of bullshit backwards and forwards before it was sorted properly, lawyers at 10 paces sort of shit. And there wasn't any kids involved! Bloody rediculous. The only thing that sort of thing does is destroy any positive memories. We had probably 4 or 5 years of good times, but the only thing I think of now in regards to her is court, and the shit that went down during the split. But, such is life.
Happy as Larry now though, married and moving forward in life!

Hope things get better Jase, and the kids don't get dragged into it too much.

Hope everyone is doing alright, hump day tomorrow!

#1274 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 08:25 PM

Best of luck for the big day Gaz! It's amazing how much people tack on as soon as they hear it's a wedding! Hope it all comes about. You'll get to the beers at the reception and wonder why you stressed so much about it, believe me!

Cheers,
Ben

#1275 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 28 April 2021 - 07:58 PM

^ Ben speaks the truth! Make sure you have drinks on hand during photos ;) You can thank me later.

In reply to my gearbox being like the jigsaw puzzle of Jase’s Gemini’s engine:

No, in that at least three gearboxes went into making my one box - it’s an L series AWD locking centre diff with phase 2 front cases and drive gears from a SG forester, custom 4.111:1 diff ratio mod, OBX Torsten front LSD, L series 1.59:1 (the best possible) low range, oil feeders over the low range gears to keep them cool and the wrong 5th ratio from a phase 1 gearbox. It revs too high for my liking at 100km/h - but is great when the L series is fully loaded. The EJ22 powers along no issue!

No oil leaks... so maybe it’s not like a Gemini’s engine then. But the EA82 has a lot in common with it!

Can’t believe hump day is basically over. This week will be over tomorrow... mind you, this term already feels like it’s been 6 weeks long. The full moon yesterday didn’t help either (no joke!!).

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#1276 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 09:46 PM

Yea, no stress at all with renting to be honest Gaz. The new house has the decent shed and we've just finished doing the house up, so it's gonna be a nice place to live in. Joys of the in-laws buying it, is you can work on it without issues.

That's awesome mate. It's all worked out then.

Best of luck for the big day Gaz! It's amazing how much people tack on as soon as they hear it's a wedding! Hope it all comes about. You'll get to the beers at the reception and wonder why you stressed so much about it, believe me!

Cheers,
Ben

Thanks! We can't wait and it's looking to be a really good day with family and friends. You can say that again... Shits me to be honest.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1277 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 30 April 2021 - 09:11 PM

“Chat” fest tomorrow! It’s usually the Spud fest but because of a reduced crowd number and not all of the usual features of the spud fest they’re calling it the chat fest this year. Clever.

Awesome day out if anyone that’s near Trentham (or “Tren-am” to those from the surrounding area) and can make it. There’s some good roads out there to drive too, but I dare say they’re all 80km/h now :(

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#1278 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 03:25 PM

So... The move is almost done. Got the last dribs and drabs to go, and of course the cleaning. Been a stupid busy weekend, but it's almost done! Back to work for a break 😃

Hope everyone is going well!

Cheers,
Ben

#1279 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 10:51 PM

Same old my man, same old. Nothing changing on my end except moving away from a Subaru and work. I'm getting married in June as well so that's another thing keeping me HELL busy.

Wedding planning sucks. So much to do (and spending so much money) all for one day...

All the best with it Gaz, I'm sure you both will have an awesome day!

When the big arrives, enjoy it as it will feel like it will be over in a flash.

Thankfully I didn't have kids with mine Jase, otherwise it still wouldn't be done. Took us 2 years of bullshit backwards and forwards before it was sorted properly, lawyers at 10 paces sort of shit. And there wasn't any kids involved! Bloody rediculous. The only thing that sort of thing does is destroy any positive memories. We had probably 4 or 5 years of good times, but the only thing I think of now in regards to her is court, and the shit that went down during the split. But, such is life.
Happy as Larry now though, married and moving forward in life!

Hope things get better Jase, and the kids don't get dragged into it too much.

Sorry to hear it was more drawn out than it needed to be Ben.

Mine was the same. Nearly 3 years of to and fro with lawyers, but no need to go to court (thankfully). I made sure she got more than her fair share so she would take it and fork off.... of so I thought. That still wasn't good enough so she wanted more. Once I disclosed all the figures and she could see that asking for more ran the risk of getting less, she signed off on it.

Kids are OK and have been pretty much the whole way through. I always made a point of never saying a bad word about her when they were around and I always tried to be the better person. Playing the long game was always my strategy as I knew she would not be able to help herself and she'd have a dig or be difficult at any opportunity. Now the kids are old enough to see that that sort of $h1t is not necessary or helpful.

this term already feels like it’s been 6 weeks long.
Cheers

Bennie

Yup, but it's only week 3!

#1280 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 04 May 2021 - 11:15 PM

:yahoo:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users