Photo

The SC Mutha-Flippin GT - What's a 4rum?

• Please log in to reply
1627 replies to this topic

#1341 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 25 July 2021 - 01:03 PM

Well the Vic weather is pumping out a good winter! Not just this weekend but for the last few weeks since end of June with a week of sunny weather. Really enjoying it other than having to workout side on Ruby Scoo (got her fired up again). Got some work to do on her before the next school holidays. Not sure I’ll pull it off just yet though.

But this weather... awesome. Would love to be doing a season in the snow again (except for the covid bit).

How’s everyone else enjoying the cold? We’ll probably have a blistering hot summer to compensate :P

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#1342 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 25 July 2021 - 04:33 PM

I'm actually spewing about the cold, but I see from the photos Mt Buller is turning it on, looks like they received 1m+ of snow last night! Cold means the shed is too cold to work in, but oh well.

Wait for the weather to warm up, then I'll get in there and start working on the track car, getting it prepped for some new bits I've lined up from Nick.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1343 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 25 July 2021 - 07:25 PM

Cold isn't too bad,I'm stuck inside until lockdown is over... Garage is cold but I have a small heater in there to take the edge off, so really have no excuse to not finish detailing the RB!

Don't you need some rain up there Bennie?

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#1344 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 26 July 2021 - 01:47 PM

Com’on Ben!! You have A SHED! I’m working in the driveway. I’m loving the no mozzies, that is one thing I’m really enjoying!

Jase, not a bad sort of inside to be in ;)

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1345 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 09:48 PM

Yea I know I have a shed, but it's a place that is not pleasant when it's only 4 degrees ambient at 10am. It got used tonight though, one of the nuts holding the bellmouth to the rest of the dump decided to part company this afternoon on the way home from work. I've since replaced the missing nut with a suspension but that has the locking thread, so hopefully it helps it stay. Have also put the bolt back in that's been missing since day dot on the exhaust hanger on the gearbox crossmember. A lot less movement now!

These exhaust issues are going to be the death of me... Hope everyone's lockdown is going alright, we hopefully come out tomorrow.

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1346 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 10:52 PM

Yeah time will tell with the lockdown. Im not sold that well be out out as such. It wouldnt take much for this to go spacko if restrictions are eased and a few think they know better then ruin it for all of us again, and for longer. Itll be interesting to see what comes of the protests in Melbs and Sydney in terms of new cases. Then again, ppl protesting probably wouldnt get tested in the first place...

Anyone seen www.gladybird.com ? :P :D

Also, I should come clean. I have a shed - full of boxes we need to empty/downsize with a small space to work on bits. The main work is done outside. Recently it was the Pajeros camber bolts being cut out and replaced. Then getting Ruby Scoo going again, including fitting an exhaust... this arvo was in the shed prepping for a brake conversion for Ruby Scoo. Should be good with EJ brakes on the L series :D

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1347 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 08:37 AM

Yea, thats probably why the super spreader event they were expecting last time never happened, cos the idiots that attended never got tested. Also probably explains the unknown origin tests moving forward from that point too. Keen to see what happens today. Everything I've heard on the news says we'll be released today. And given that the AFL seems to know a day or so prior to the release, I've got no reason to doubt that we won't be.

Cheers,
Ben

#1348 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 08:44 AM

I think we will be out today too, however 'out' will still involve some pretty reasonable restrictions. I would think the 5k from home will lift to maybe 25k, maybe 1 or 2 people in your house, small caps on dining and the like. I get the sense that the AFL have a little more influence in all this than they should have. Mind you, I don't follow the footy so maybe I'm bias?

#1349 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 09:23 AM

Nah the AFL can go jump as far as I’m concerned. They’re no different to the rest of us other than they play elite level football for salaries us “regular” people could only ever dream of! They’re not above us yet that’s how they’re treated nation wide during this pandemic!

Pretty bad when your govts put sport ahead of everything else.

My 20c on the topic anyway.

Now to keep an ear out for today’s announcements that the Herald Sun apparently reported in this mornings paper.

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1350 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 02:15 PM

It certainly suggests that the AFL carries a financial impact...

Well we are out..... sort of.

I get the gentle easing of restriction's and I'm OK with wearing a mask and working from home if possible, but not being able to have anyone in your home is the bit that hurts the most.

At least school is back!!

#1351 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 27 July 2021 - 02:33 PM

Do the sports win the points. 

Just me or is this place somewhat reasonably active these days lol

tIeW8DE.png

#1352 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 27 July 2021 - 03:55 PM

Hoping everyone is trying to keep preoccupied during the lockdowns. Sydney's one isn't likely to ease up any time soon. The whole east coast is going wacko...

We'll get to the light at the end of the tunnel as soon as these people pull their heads out of their asses.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#1353 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 06:59 PM

Yea, personally not to fussed on the AFL side of things, little bit screwed that they seem to be getting preferential treatment, but what I was pointing at is the fact that they always seem to know what's going to happen before it happens, so if you see teams flying out of Melbourne the day before, you know whats coming. Likewise, if they're staying, you know restrictions are easing.

I understand why they're closing down home visits, as I think I saw a reference earlier this week that something like 80% of community transmission is home based, but yes, it does hurt a bit Jase.

My personal opinion on NSW is they need to take a leaf out of Victoria's playbook, and lockdown harder, otherwise they aren't going to get through it nicely. It's been too long already. Politics is at play WAY more than it should be...

Yea, it's been a bit busier in the past few weeks or so. Been good getting on each day and reading some more posts.

Cheers,
Ben

#1354 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 10:12 PM

Whoa, Barbs dropped a line in here! Been a while old mate!

My personal opinion on NSW is they need to take a leaf out of Victoria's playbook, and lockdown harder, otherwise they aren't going to get through it nicely. It's been too long already. Politics is at play WAY more than it should be...

Yeah they need to but they won’t due to their pride of being the gold standard state... plus they’re liberal and Vic is labor - that’s half the issue right there, politics of opposing parties...

It’s good to see more action on the board. I think Joel’s BRZ build and the continuing “saga” of Barbs build is slinging all the heavy lift, but even so, both are good reads with plenty of pics too ;)

And yay, school is back..! Just when I was building some steam with some project work... that’s how it goes I guess. Pays the bills! Best would be if excursions were back on the agenda, we have some ripper trips coming up that are currently cancelled or in limbo waiting to be cancelled :(

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1355 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 09:12 PM

Why is it that as soon as someone mentions that it's become a little busier than normal, this place becomes a ghost town again??

What's everyone up too? Hump day tomorrow!

#1356 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 11:00 PM

Not much Ben.

Looked at a 2005 Foz today for someone at work. Just about every gasket was leaking but the rest of the car was super tidy and body was absolutely unmarked!! Not bad for 300,000kms.

He's not willing to spend the cash to pull the motor to replace HGs, timing belt, water pump and radiator (also leaking) so he will move it on.

Pity it was an n/a auto or I might have been tempted.

What you up to?

#1357 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 08:24 AM

Bugga all Jase, just working and watching some of the Olympics. The speed runs on the sport climbing is insane! 15m in less than 6 seconds! With a 5 degree backwards angle as well!

Shame about the Fox! Looks like it could be a good runner if a small amount of coin and a fair bit of time was spent on it.

#1358 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 05:06 PM

Yeah, seems a pity that it was let go. I suggested he sell it 'as is' for whatever he can get for it. Hopefully someone can see the value in it and snaps it up.

Would be good for a turbo/manual conversion.

#1359 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 08:22 PM

Why is it that as soon as someone mentions that it's become a little busier than normal, this place becomes a ghost town again??

Ol’ Murphy must’ve dropped in...

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1360 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 04:38 PM

Murphy totally dropped in today. It was shit at work, loads of irregular stuff going on then SNAP-LOCKDOWN!

So more work load tomorrow then time for projects - at least the bits I can do from home anyway...

Stay safe ppl. We just can’t get a rhythm going this term! All the best to those with small businesses. The banks should be made to stop repayments during lockdowns - it’s not as if they don’t pull stupid high profits every quarter! That might make it easier for renters and businesses to survive... just a thought.

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users