Photo

The SC Mutha-Flippin GT - What's a 4rum?

• Please log in to reply
1627 replies to this topic

#1581 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 30 July 2023 - 08:59 PM

Hopefully they go through the same QC as the originals.

I'm guessing that the production line parts would be Japan made, with enough back stock to cover warranty parts. Beyond that, move to a cheaper supplier.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#1582 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 01 August 2023 - 05:49 PM

Hoist is working! One very happy Ben, and it doesn't trip a 10A overload, which is a great thing. That said, I haven't actually loaded it up with a car yet, so we'll see what happens when I put a car on it. I was hoping to do that tonight, but given I have washing to do for work tomorrow, I'm not going to have the capacity on the circuit to run it and the big laundry appliances at the same time. Once I sort out a proper power feed to the shed I'll be fine, but at the moment, the temporary supply isn't enough... Silly sparky who put the outdoor power point on the laundry/kitchen feed was not thinking (ie me...)

Anyways. Will put the base back over the chain drive and get it ready for when I can move the cars around. Will probably get the gear out of one of my old containers from ages ago for the high high limit on the shed roof. I've got a bit of a plan there.

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1583 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 04 August 2023 - 07:04 PM

Heads up, Ben is close to breaking the internets with his threads being updated with pics :lol:

Good effort man, always great to see some colour in the threads!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#1584 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 04 August 2023 - 07:33 PM

Hahaha, yea, I'm pretty slack with that, had the day off today cos Sebs daycare was shut, so had to look after the little monster. Had time to actually upload stuff. Wanted to get into the shed and continue doing shite, but Seb decided to make his nap 40 minutes, so shed time was not permitted...

More will be coming, as I have this coming week off to do stuff round the house and deal with the cars.

Cheers,
Ben

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1585 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 10 August 2023 - 07:26 PM

Anyone looking at heading off to Subyfest this year?

I’ll be taking the brumby for a slow cruise up there with my eldest ;)

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1586 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 10 August 2023 - 11:12 PM

Anyone looking at heading off to Subyfest this year?

I’ll be taking the brumby for a slow cruise up there with my eldest ;)

Cheers

Bennie

Subinats ??

#1587 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 11 August 2023 - 11:59 AM

Subinats ??

*facepalm* yep, that one…

Thanks mate!

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1588 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 11:54 AM

Oh hells yes!! All my packages that I was expecting to hit aussieland in a couple of weeks arrived in country this morning! Looks like I know what I'll be doing this weekend once Seb goes down in the evenings...

New parts ahoy!

Cheers,

Ben

#1589 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 06:12 PM

That’s awesome and exciting Ben! It’s the best when packages arrive sooner than expected…

I’m yet to try out that coil pack but I will get around to it ;)

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1590 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 07:02 PM

She be right Bennie! At least you know it'll fix the issue.

#1591 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 09:19 PM

Well the USMB (Ultimate Subaru Message Board) is FLOODED with spam at the moment and more is happening as I post this!

Hopefully it’s not something that becomes a common feature on forums or is being done with AI assistance. That forum is usually one of the most active ones I’m apart of.

And in other news it’s the weekend! Four weeks of the term left in Vic and six weeks until Subinats!

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1592 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 10:01 PM

Spam is never a good thing. Hopefully they clear it up quick and plug the loop hole!

#1593 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 20 August 2023 - 09:05 AM

Striped a water pump bolt’s captive thread in the block yesterday. :fork: ‘n not happy Jan!

A mate had a helicoil set that will hopefully get me out of trouble. That’s this morning’s task.

When the bolt came out it didn’t feel any different to the others. But trying to toque up to the huge 12Nm I felt the bolt seat then drop its tension as I continued to turn it. The rest is history now.

I had one bolt already torqued up, I’m now wondering if I should get a new gasket or run that one and call it a day. Thoughts?

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1594 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 20 August 2023 - 11:49 AM

12nm isn't much, I doubt the gasket even really thinned out at that. I'd just fix it with the helicoil and put that gasket back in. You'd get more torque by hand in all honesty man! My bet is someone previous hasn't read the torque ratings and just done it up tight, which I'm tipping is around the 40 to 60nm.

All my packages are still sitting at the depot still, so no parts fitting goodness this weekend unfortunately. That'll be next weekend, or maybe during the week, see how things go...

#1595 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 24 August 2023 - 11:12 PM

Anyone else frothing as much as I am? Also jealous about what they paid for TWO of them! Not that I have that cash to splash

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=Ut1bof-rNoE

Ep2 is also up and ep3 dropped this morning!

Cheers

Bennie

PS - what happened to the video link being imbedded in the thread?
1BKrxb.jpg

#1596 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 11:48 AM

Quick shout out to Allpaw4 Ben, thanks for sorting me out with the coil pack and some random nuts and bolts! The Liberty is going ace and my MIL is stoked to have her foz back and she can’t believe it’s running so well.

Thanks mate! Stoked!

And a shout out to Barbs for sorting me out with a relatively hard to find turbo oil return drain pipe that lives in the back of the head. More details on the project it’s helping out when I’ve got it sorted.

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1597 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 12:36 PM

No dramas at all man! Happy to help out!

Keen to hear how the turbo build goes too!

Cheers,
Ben

#1598 JDP

JDP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 12:54 PM

Goodonya, lads :drinks: .

I really enjoyed the MCM Brumby vids, Bennie. The build car is in bloody good condition hey!

I stumbled across the second video the other day whilst browsing the toob, it had only just been posted at the time so I watched it straight away then went back to watch the first one.. Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of the colour they chose but I'm sure it will look awesome once it all comes together. 

#1599 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 09:27 PM

Not my choice of colour either Kong, but once hearing Subarus story about why it kind of makes sense.

The colour is good in person and with decals and other bits added itll be really good. Id love to have my brumby completely resprayed like that but in the XV red *dreams* - one day hopefully!

Ben, Im itching to share the turbo build (just like Ive been itching to share something else from last July, youll work it out when you see it!) but its not ready yet for showing - yet. Once I know this concoction works Ill post up some stuff about it, Id prefer to do it once its all in and on the road but that could be years away yet (cry). Kids and working under a small makeshift lean-to type carport without a workshop area has its limitations as to what can be done in the time Ive got. Plus its in the rustiest brumby front cut Ive ever seen, so glad my tetanus shot is up to date because this thing is a health hazard!

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1600 JDP

JDP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 August 2023 - 05:55 PM

The colour is actually growing on me now I see it with the black, looks good. Any colour of new paint is going to look good though, right. 

Agreed... decals will look tops....Two first names Bennie  :sarcastic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users