H6 swapped gen3 wagon.

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#21 timslib

timslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cars, computers, snowboarding (y)

Posted 03 February 2022 - 09:44 AM

Strong agree. There's no rush. 

Was epic to see everyone, and making mistakes with fuel lines. 

Fun fact: An EZ30D manifold can hold at least a liter of fuel. LOL. 

Get the normal head liner back in and do the black stuff later. Less rush so youll do a better job

#22 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 05 February 2022 - 05:57 AM

Hahaha, yea, that it does Tim! When the carbon canister line gets hooked up to the fuel feed line, it pumps fuel into the manifold at a great rate of knots. Hard to get it started when the engine has no air due to a manifold full of fuel!

More progress last night. Bar the passenger seat, the full lower interior is in!

Spent a few hours playing musical seats, as the passenger seat I got from Nick was in good condition, but the drivers seat was a write off, with some deep cuts in the leather and generally looking like shite, with some really bad wear.
Turns out the manual shows how to disassemble the seats as well. So I set to work on removing the leather from the base and back, essentially swapping the leather from the passenger leather onto the drivers seat. Not the greatest job in the world to do, but it's not really hard either. The hog clips are a prick of a design though. They can go to hell. Not fun.
Taken a few of photos of this process, so once I'm done out in the shed with this thing I'll put them up.

Going to get to work on the upper interior and probably remove a couple of the lower trims for paint over the weekend, as they are going to annoy the daylights out of me. Will keep you all posted.

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#23 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 10:42 PM

Another day of fiddling in the shed. Had to change the clockspring to suit the airbag plug on my old B4 steering wheel,and while I was there, installed the cruise control bits to it.

Also wasn't happy with the drivers door card, as the mounts for the upper bracket behind the door controls was busted, resulting in a loose fit, and the plastic behind the arm rest had completely cracked and was missing also. So I had to have a look at a few of my old cards and pick the best one to replace the handle from. Must have missed this when I was putting them on last night.
Drilled out the plastic welded points holding it to the door card and also drilled out and removed the busted one. Using the trusty aldi soldering iron, re-melted the joints and reinforced some with screws. Not the best job, but it at least won't come off the door when I pull on the handle now. That took a fair bit of the day to fix.

Second half was prepping and painting the upper trims before I put them back on. Was thinking about doing the roof liner over the weekend, but I don't have a nylon brush grinding wheel, which I need to remove the fabric from the original roof liner. That's gonna have to wait until I can leave the house courtesy of covid.
Once again, I've taken photos, but I'm more interested in getting this thing finished than coming inside and sitting at the computer for a while.

Hope everyone else is going alright.

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#24 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 07 February 2022 - 08:07 AM

Interested in pics of passenger leather on drivers seat. My drivers seat is hens teeth in good condition but seems to be some passenger seats often enough

tIeW8DE.png

#25 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 12:50 PM

Only problem with going drivers to passengers is the hole in the leather for the lumbar support adjuster arm.
Easy to move from passenger to driver because you just need to cut the hole out, but not good going the other way because the passenger side doesn't have that support adjuster, meaning you have a 10mm hole in the leather.

Nothing really happened Sunday due to doing adult stuff like washing etc. No time for shed shenanigans.

Cheers,
Ben

#26 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 07:39 AM

For those interested, the B4 blue black wheel got a slightly different airbag too. The ring isn't black or silver, it's been blued, like a firearm, not black, but a really dark blue sheen. Will take a photo once I get back home.

#27 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 11 February 2022 - 07:44 AM

I've never noticed!

Being a Momo wheel, I thought they would be the same as the RX Special Edition? (without cruise control iirc)

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#28 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 05:12 AM

IT LIVES! Drove it out of the shed on Saturday afternoon, still a couple of things to tidy up, including some paint, but I'll be taking it to work this morning. Spent some time with the wife on Sunday, so besides taking it down for a tank of fuel, it didn't get touched. Photos will be posted and thread updated over the next week or so.

Just a quick update 😃

Cheers,
Ben

#29 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 08:34 AM

IT LIVES! 

Fark yeah!

#30 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 09:10 PM

I'm bloody cheering Jase. There's a few small issues I need to sort out over the coming weeks, as listed:

Change wiper stalk back to either the outback or GX one, I got the guys to install the best looking one I had, which happened to be the RX one, which doesn't have the rear wiper controls on it.

Refit whichever plugs were missed on the air con heater box assembly, as the zone control and heater actuators don't do squat at the moment.

Get the AC leak tested and re-gassed. Today's 35 degree day was not fun with no aircon, and this had no gas in it when we pulled it off the car.

Fix the God forsaken clunking coming from our Impreza adapted auto trans mount. The long bolt on the trans that goes through the rubber mount to the other side of the crossmember is rattling on the crossmember itself. It's driving me insane, and is really the only detraction from the car at the moment.

Get the body work done. New front bar in Melbourne, and side skirts from the RX to be fitted.

Finish the paint. Also need to get more paint which has been sitting at the local paint shop for a week or two. Due to covid, I couldn't go get it. Also need to pickup some 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper and some buffing stuff.

Fix the legacy garnish and fit it up. One of the clips broke due to a rusted mounting bolt that expanded and cracked the plastic.

Get an LED flasher unit for the indicators...

Re-trim the second roof lining I have spare with the black, to finish off the all black interior.

That's about my list at the moment. All either big ticket stuff or small stuff that's easily achievable.
Photos I'll upload later this week.

Cheers,
Ben

#31 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 09:45 PM

Sounds like your in the home stretch Ben!

I must admit, it's bloody impressive how much you have done in a stupidly short period of time. It makes me tired just thinking about it!

Well done.

#32 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 14 February 2022 - 10:59 PM

^ this.

Keep up the good work! Almost there!!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#33 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 15 February 2022 - 08:17 AM

Woohoo

Still needs pics

tIeW8DE.png

#34 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 11:07 AM

^ this

Pics?

#35 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 15 February 2022 - 12:50 PM

If this was on RS Liberty club there would be a permaban due to the lack of pics!!

I am starting to feel like we’re all eating out of Ben’s hand here though...

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#36 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 12:50 PM

I'm getting there lads. Just work getting in the way. I'll get them uploaded later this week.

Cheers,
Ben

#37 Pyr0m4n14c44

Pyr0m4n14c44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 03:09 PM

Woo mentioned!

fork, I didn't even think about the stalk
ay.

Sedan mentality amirite?

MY01 Subaru Liberty B4 Tuned by Kido Racing

Body mods - JDM Front flairs and centre piece, STi rear spoiler

To Be Fitted: Blitz Front Mount Intercooler Assembly. (Wasn't cheap!)

Sequential twins are fun, nothing like letting your guard down then getting a swift kick in the arse at high revs.

#38 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 07:24 PM

Compiled the list of photos into a single folder on the 'puter this evening. Will upload probably tomorrow, once I find all the straggler photos hidden in the depths of this phone.

#39 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 10:13 PM

Will upload probably tomorrow

:yahoo:

#40 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 16 February 2022 - 08:21 PM

Sorry guys, me and the missus had a zoom meeting I forgot about tonight. Will get them loaded up tomorrow for you lot! Work has been flat out, as one of the guys had his last day today, so the work load has jumped a little while we wait for his replacement. Couple that with lots of stuff happening at home and it's just been crazy. Fired the computer up for the first time in a few weeks yesterday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users