#61 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,455 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 15 March 2022 - 08:44 AM

Presumably will be copping the RX/B4 side skirts etc too? Would absolutely suggest finding some spats for it to. Theyll do a lot to tie the front bar into everything. Pretty sure there was some at the wreckers in ringwood on an RX

tIeW8DE.png

#62 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 15 March 2022 - 09:26 AM

Yep. RX/B4 skirts will be put on once I've given them a lick of paint as well. That's a little while off though, as I need to drill all the holes into the body for them. GX didn't get the holes. I've got a pair of spats sitting in my toolbox already. Need to get another pair for the rear, but honestly not too phased there.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#63 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 26 March 2022 - 08:59 PM

Sorry for the lack of updates here... Been busy being an adult...

Front bar is painted, but needs to be cut and polished properly before it goes onto the car. It's rough to the touch and needs a good going over to make it shine, which I need the appropriate bits to do. Fog covers were done in plastidip matt black and then some glossifier over the top. Not the best finish, but anything more than half a metre or so back you'd never know. Advantage of the plastidip is it'll never chip. Still gotta pull the mesh out and give it a coat of gloss black paint. Not gonna paint that with plastidip, it'd be a nightmare to remove should I ever change plans.

Got a few weeks off coming up, so might have a chance to get into the shed... We'll see. Went out and collected some wood for the fire today, so am suitably wrecked now...

Hope everyone is doing well out there.

Cheers,
Ben

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#64 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 27 March 2022 - 08:33 PM

Ah yes, wood collecting. That was killed for us by a lovely police officer that defected our trailer for not meeting the current standards that we had no idea about - brakes on all axles (tri axle trailer, had them on front and rear), no breakaway brakes. No proof of build date and specs so he “had” to apply the current requirements or some BS.

Anyway, wood cutting is at a stand still for us until we can afford a trailer and the fuel to tow it! I love doing it, I find it somewhat therapeutic!

A week or two off for shed time sounds mint!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#65 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 17 April 2022 - 09:27 PM

Nothing much really happening on this front. Has been reliably getting me to and from work cheaper than the turbo did.
Bought a few nice things over the last few weeks. Should have a broken legacy garnish on the way over from Japan soon, so I can replace the back on Chris' old one that has a broken plastic tab. New badges are also on their way. Some for the car, some for my tool box. Got some new slim roof rails on their way over from Russia. Not expecting these for a month or 2, but checking every couple of days to see if they've left Moscow. Also gonna have some new black dash plastics coming over provided I win the auction tonight...

Other than that, baby duties have well and truely kept me from the shed as expected. Not sure when I'll get the chance to actually do something in there in the coming future...

Anyways, hope everyone is going well!

Cheers,
Ben

#66 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 17 April 2022 - 11:20 PM

Hahaha… I hear you on the baby front Ben!

You’re buying stuff from Russia in the current climate? Ballsy! You might get a surprise in there :P

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#67 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 18 April 2022 - 01:41 PM

Yea. Brave I know. Not quite sure when I'm gonna get them, which worries me a little.

She'll be right.

Cheers,
Ben

#68 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 19 April 2022 - 11:37 AM

Roof rails will probably try and take over the car once they're fitted......

:)

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#69 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 22 April 2022 - 10:12 AM

Hahaha, highly likely there Jase!
Dash plastics shipped yesterday from Japan. Hopefully see them in a week or so. Want to transfer the H6 badge to them once they arrive, to maintain the look. They currently have a little embossed STi badge where the H6 one belongs, hopefully it isn't a pain to remove...
Other than that, baby has been taking up all waking hours of the day. Have not had a chance to get into the shed except to get wood for the fire, which is not fun. Need to get in there and stack said wood so it's not just sitting on a pallet in the middle of the shed, then do a decent clean up... Back to work in a week though, not really seeing an opportunity to do this any time soon.

#70 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 22 April 2022 - 06:28 PM

What number child Jase? It gets easier, then they start moving your tools around so you can never find them! And the wood thing, I’m trying to cut and split as much wood at my parent’s place as possible since efforts were hampered after Xmas when our trailer was defected. It’s amazing how much that trailer did for us and just how much we relied on it. Yet to get another one it’s not a cheap activity! I’m thinking a classic truck on club rego is more worthwhile atm!

Can’t wait to get a shed! Tax time apparently…

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#71 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:47 PM

Not sure if you were talking to me or Jase there Bennie. My first one though. Looking forward to when I can take him into the shed and introduce the extremely expensive and shattering hobby that is motor vehicles... Will be a trying time when he starts moving my shit around, but I've got some time before that happens. Shed will be off limits to him for at least the next 5 to 8 years. Way too many dangerous things in there lol. It is most certainly not a safe place for children!

Light truck will probably be a better investment tbh. Can get most places, carry more wood and a lot easier to drive. Plus it'll be a cool vehicle!
Tax Time is a good thing. You won't regret getting a shed man. Even something you can park the cars in to keep them out of the weather.

Cheers,
Ben

#72 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 29 April 2022 - 12:10 PM

Not sure if you were talking to me or Jase there Bennie.
Cheers,
Ben

Must be you Ben.

Mine are 16 & 18!

BTW, congrats on the little bloke!

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#73 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 08:22 AM

Cheers Jase, I'm wondering where the last 3 weeks have gone... Damn it's flown by!

#74 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 06:13 PM

Ah yeah Ben, I was tired when I wrote that! Apologies for getting you two mixed up!! Hahaha, 5 to 8?! Good luck! You should see my dad’s shed, it’s messy. My boys are always in there! No1, the life-changer… enjoy it while they’re little, it flies past!

I’m looking forward to having a shed I can call my own. It’ll never be big enough but anyway… that’s how it goes!

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#75 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 14 May 2022 - 07:07 PM

She'll be right Bennie. We got there in the end lol
I'm not sure it'll happen, more than likely a pipe dream! I reckon I was 7 before I was allowed in the shed at home unsupervised.
You'll get there Bennie, and yep, they're never big enough lol.
I went from a storage shed to a decent one, and suddenly I'm back to having walkways again... Mind you there's probably a cube and a half worth of wood in the middle of one of the bays too, so I'm not using it effectively...

But. Update time. Found a full set of oxy sensors from a car with 40k on yahoo the other day, so I pulled the trigger on those. 112 bucks landed, can't complain at that. Should clear off my CEL, when I finally get the light working again. But I know it's there.

Will figure out which sensor is faulty for the ABS at some point as well. That light is up full time on my dash...

Got a half decent head unit in my sights now as well. Hopefully have that sorted in the next week or 2. All the door speakers got swapped for Kenwood units when the conversion was done, but couldn't be stuffed putting a different head in at the time. Will post up some pics once it's all installed.

The rest of the goodies are for the track car, or for the shed...

#76 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 14 May 2022 - 09:35 PM

Sounds good Ben. I should check out this yahoo site… or not, it could be dangerous like partsouq is. Speaking of which I need to put in an order because it’s been a while and I need a few things in the pipeline so they’re ready when I have time…

Head unit sounds good. I’m down to an iPod touch and a flip 5 Bluetooth speaker as the stez in the brumby atm. Both charged off a ryobi battery because the cig lighter doesn’t work (another thing to look into!).

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#77 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 07:14 AM

Hahaha, I'd consider yahoo far more dangerous than partsouq, but then for the brumby, maybe not, considering they weren't a big thing over there. However if they share parts with anything (I have no idea if they do) then it would be a very dangerous place for your wallet...

Head unit is an Alpine ILX-W650. Gonna be pretty happy when it arrives. Been a fan of alpine gear for a long time, and finally getting back into their stuff again, long overdue for decent sound and functionality.

Sounds like you're due for an upgrade yourself there Bennie! Bit rough not having tunes!

Cheers,
Ben

#78 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 10:31 PM

Hehehe… good to know I’ll be safe with the brumby on that site. The RS could be different but it’s not going (in many bits) so funds aren’t available for anything go faster at this stage. Interestingly the Brumby wasn’t sold in the JDM! Only OS markets. But it does share much of the dashboard forward with their hatch, sedan, coupe, wagon and turbo models. You heard right, the JDM and some USDM models had factory turbo on the EA81! MPFI turbo without intercooler in the early 80’s - crazy for that time I reckon! I’m pretty happy with my brumby setup for now, no need for JDM parts, but a 5 speed factory gear knob would be good for the future conversion plans.

I’m a pioneer boy in the stez department. But with that said I’m no all out doof doof stez fan boi like one of my mates used to be. He had an insane dB comp stez back in the day. Could hear him coming from several kms away (M&D live a number of km out of town, we used to know who was about to arrive from the noise of their car!). I don’t know how he still has hearing these days!!

Anyway, how’s the H6 treating you with these fuel prices? Has your right foot suddenly lost weight??

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#79 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,455 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 17 May 2022 - 09:33 AM

Not gonna have much danger with gen 1 parts either so youre safe. Gen 3 and 4 are the dangerous ones. That said gen 3 is defs on the decline

tIeW8DE.png

#80 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 10:25 AM

Yea, that's where you're wrong Nick. I've seen more aftermarket support for the gen3 in the last 6 months than I did for the preceding 8 years. Maybe for the boring parts, given they're becoming harder to find over there, but the larger brands in Japan are going nuts with our chassis.

TBH Bennie, the 6 gets better economy than the turbo ever did, so I'm pretty happy there. Economy has dropped a bit due to the A/F sensor that I have spares on their way for, but 600km to 50l is great in my eyes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users