#21 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:35 PM

not heaps up on the CAI stuff. Must do some research. here is the thread on marks resinonatorectimy http://www.ozliberty...ewtopic&id=7389

IM47Gcv.jpg

#22 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:53 PM

just had another look at your pics darren, and something i noticed - the 'Liberty - RX2.5' and the 'AWD' badge sit much lower than usual?
and ive decided you need to get clear side indicators and tinted windows. with the clean white car it will look hottttt!!! :)
and headlight protectors need to be removed :P looks alot cleaner without them!

EDIT:
pic of where the rear badges are usually placed. jono's car.
Posted Image

IM47Gcv.jpg

#23 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:00 AM

just had another look at your pics darren, and something i noticed - the 'Liberty - RX2.5' and the 'AWD' badge sit much lower than usual?
and ive decided you need to get clear side indicators and tinted windows. with the clean white car it will look hottttt!!! :)

Car must've been resprayed then. I hate it when panelbeaters don't put badges back exactly where they came from. How hard could it be to take a pic before hand or something...

Oh yeh and get clear side indicators + tint Daz. Look nice! There are a couple sets of brand new indicators on eBay at the moment.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#24 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:06 AM

+1 more for the clear indicators and tint.

#25 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:09 AM

EDIT:
pic of where the rear badges are usually placed. jono's car.
Posted Image

Christ those AUDM spec rear fog lights look even worse on the gen3's than on the gen2's! Big ugly rectangles :(

#26 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:14 AM

Well, talk about an eye for detail Morgan... I had no idea till I compared with others....
And still have no idea why they are so low... accident/repair/owners discretion???? I have no clue..
Guess I could try and take a look what's on the inside, see if it's a bodge job or not??

Clear side indicators..hmmm, seen them on ebay (or somewhere) becasue someone had pointed them out to me.... oh, that was you! :)
I'd be fearful of scratching something but it looks like a cheap job.

Apparently there is some tinting on the windows, but I agree, darker would look better. Currently taking gold coin donations. :sarcastic:

I'll have those protectors off tomorrow. ;)

#27 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:24 AM

haha yea it does all add up!

side indicators shouldnt set u back more than ~$40? depending on postage. there are a few different sellers at the moment too - cheapest ive seen is $32.
easy to install too - there is an arrow on the indicator itself. push it in that direction and with a bit of jiggaling, it should pop out:)

lol eye for detail. its weird what little things you can pick up after spending alot of time around something!
i think the gen3s may have been plugged into the boot too (badges that is) - so if taken out, there were holes left? well there are in matts car anyway. does it look like its been bogged over and resprayed?
its not big deal just something i noticed! Posted Image

those rear foglights are particularly noticeable shiv! there was some DIY someone did on the dreaded ozfale to remove the silver box inside and replace with looms and actual foglights. was a trial and error DIY but pretty sure it came up alright.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#28 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:25 AM

you wont scratch anything if yr careful. all ya have to do is push them forwards then pull out.

#29 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:30 AM

Thanks Buzz, I'll give it a crack... (no pun intended)

#30 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:38 AM

hopefully you wont (crack it), lol, you'd be doin well if ya managed to tho

#31 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:01 AM

Another thing I noticed this morning (in the dark).... Is it supposed to have a boot light? :unsure: P.S. Cold air intake? Please translate? :blink:

#32 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:05 AM

Another thing I noticed this morning (in the dark)....
Is it supposed to have a boot light?
:unsure:

P.S. Cold air intake?
Please translate? :blink:

it should have a boot light.

Cold Air Intake (CAI) replaces the stock air filter box (unless yr doin a home job) and gets rid of the resonator, it sucks cold air from inside the front guard. heres a link for pic
http://www.hyperflow...id=hycai-my01b4

#33 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:26 PM

there should b a boot light on the roof of the boot somewhere. if its not working, check globe first, then check connection going into light. if all is good, have a look around for some more lighting that may be out, eg glove box light/interior lights? id narrow that down to a fuse?

IM47Gcv.jpg

#34 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:32 PM

there should b a boot light on the roof of the boot somewhere.
if its not working, check globe first, then check connection going into light. if all is good, have a look around for some more lighting that may be out, eg glove box light/interior lights? id narrow that down to a fuse?

Thanks Morgan,
I went out at lunch time (sunlight) to crawl in the boot and have a look. I found the light and the power lead disconnected. Plugged it in and it worked. Don't know how it got unplugged, but it would have had to be done manually because the plugs clips into position. Had to double check it went off by closing the boot and opening the rear seat armrest to take a look... It was off, so I assume all is well.

Cold Air Intake (CAI) replaces the stock air filter box (unless yr doin a home job) and gets rid of the resonator, it sucks cold air from inside the front guard. heres a link for pic
http://www.hyperflow...id=hycai-my01b4

Cheers Buzz,
I had a look at the link but didn't find anything specifically for the earlier Lib's (pre-2001). The website makes the point their kits are only for 2001-2003 models. Are there other sources that make kits for pre-01 models?
Still not entirely sure what it does though... I mean, what is the benefit of getting rid of the resonator?
Excuse my ignorance please; Does it modify the sound, the performance, or both??

I took a few pics of my headlight(s) for you, to me it looks like one unit, although it looks like it can be dismantled, it doesn't look like there is an after market protector over the face of the headlight...... you tell me... is the fading/cloudy appearance just because they are old??

Attached Files

#35 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:36 PM

Still not entirely sure what it does though... I mean, what is the benefit of getting rid of the resonator?
Excuse my ignorance please; Does it modify the sound, the performance, or both??

It should increase throttle response. But it'll make the car a bit louder...

#36 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:52 PM

It should increase throttle response. But it'll make the car a bit louder...

So this would be a dodgey version at 1/6th of the price of the one from Hyperflow?
Japan eBay Ad

#37 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:01 PM

they sometimes can get a bit discoloured. give them a good cut and polish and they might come up alright. does it look like something has been stuck over it? there is a guy onhere (Ant) who has this thick protector stuff stuck onto hisheadlights. they were on it when he bought it too.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#38 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:29 PM

they sometimes can get a bit discoloured. give them a good cut and polish and they might come up alright.
does it look like something has been stuck over it? there is a guy onhere (Ant) who has this thick protector stuff stuck onto hisheadlights. they were on it when he bought it too.

The fog/haze seems to be on the inside (cause I can't clean it).
The exterior face moulds right back around every edge, there is nothing to suggest (to me) something has been applied to the face.
There is even a rubber seal stuck to the glass (where it meets the bonnet), I dare say - it's stock..... I can still see alright at night! :)
But they don't look that good during the day.

Another minor annoyance:
With less than 2 hours driving time I feel like the gear knob was made for a female - it's tiny - feels like I'm changing gears with the end of a carrot!!
Anyone suggest a nice, man sized knob???
(seriously, no pun intended)

Attached Files

#39 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:59 PM

haha good one!!! all auto shops sell aftermarket knobs. some of them are quite blingy with coloured LEDs and what not.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#40 RPM

RPM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:02 PM

Factory spec gear knobs are most likely the best bang for buck. Although high end aftermarket gear knobs can be equally as well constructed. IM?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users