#21 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:24 PM

Thanks for heightening my B4 Lust nerves!! <_<
Question: Do you race or something? I don't know where the hell you could use 250+KW....

Flywheel/crank. Not at the wheels. You're not going to get 250kw from a b4 with the VF turbo combo (unless your go by the name of billsy or "the mad professor")

Stuff goes here

#22 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for heightening my B4 Lust nerves!! <_<
Question: Do you race or something? I don't know where the hell you could use 250+KW....

Nope dont race, the more power the better :P doesnt mean you need to use it, you just have to be careful in 2nd gear once it hits boost it will be over 100k's an hour in a couple of secs

#23 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:38 PM

Nope dont race, the more power the better :P doesnt mean you need to use it, you just have to be careful in 2nd gear once it hits boost it will be over 100k's an hour in a couple of secs

Hmm, I have a girl at work who spent a shipload of money on a X-Demo Ford Focus Turbo (it's orange too), she told me it would do 140km/h in 2nd.... I didn't think that would be possible.... but stand corrected going by your numbers... :unsure:

#24 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:42 PM

That will depend on the gearbox (well, gear set), diff ratios and max RPM of the motor. I'm getting about 100 in 2nd at 7000rpm in the RS

Stuff goes here

#25 Ericmcg

Ericmcg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:03 PM

True for the power and the 100k's in second . Its great until you look down and see the fuel gauge needle heading south :dash2:
Posted Image Posted Image

#26 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:18 AM

If your keen, have a look for a few JDM models ( Legacy's ) namely Etune2's and GTB's. They are more powerful than the OzDel B4 and also have a few extra tiddly bits here and there. Plus B4's never came in a wagon which is epically ****, you will find all GTB's are wagons which come standard with a "Pussy Magnet". They can also be had for around the same price as the B4's and insurance would be the same/similar. If i were in the market i would definatly consider a JDM model over a B4, although the sedan is very sexy im a wagon man through and through. Have a look around! Dont be fooled into thinking the whole TT thing is rubbish as alot of the naysayers probably havent ever been in one or touched one. It just takes some time to learn how to drive it, and when you do, reap the rewards!

Are these generally this expensive or is this person dreaming?
*Edit- last night it was $32K

#27 robt

robt

Cock Rockin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Interests:Hairstyles

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:45 AM

+1 Jim. After my car crapped itself last year I have had trouble free enjoyment out of my GT-B. I am glad I have a JDM as the manual makes passengers laugh as it in Nihongo. My TT is nice and smooth and easy as to drive. Get one I say.

Posted Image

#28 Ericmcg

Ericmcg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:49 AM

Are these generally this expensive or is this person dreaming?
*Edit- last night it was $32K

Jesus you guys are getting ripped off over there on car prices, i dont know what the exchange rate at the moment is from Euro to Oz money but this is the average price of a modded JDM B4 Legacy over here... http://www.importsdi...e/full/1126.jpg

#29 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:46 AM

Jesus you guys are getting ripped off over there on car prices, i dont know what the exchange rate at the moment is from Euro to Oz money but this is the average price of a modded JDM B4 Legacy over here... http://www.importsdi...e/full/1126.jpg

Me thinks not...

9950 euro = $17343.

Quick look at yahoo auctions, we can get JDM for bout 10g after compliance/del. http://www.importmon...4806.jpg&title= :P :D

#30 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:48 AM

The seller is dreaming.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#31 Ericmcg

Ericmcg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:57 AM

Me thinks not...

9950 euro = $17343.

Quick look at yahoo auctions, we can get JDM for bout 10g after compliance/del. http://www.importmon...4806.jpg&title= :P :D

I did'nt think the exchange rate for a Oz dollar was that low, the one i picked is a bit over the regular price(the dealer is a hungry b'stard) This one is a bit nearer the average price at the moment, and all the dealers are willing to come down more for cash... http://www.japcars.i...hp?ad_id=423677

http://www.japcars.i...hp?ad_id=423675

When i think back that i paid 8k for mine a year ago, i could have the same car for about 6k today

#32 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:17 AM

that one is overpriced but it has fairly low k's!

#33 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:22 AM

I did'nt think the exchange rate for a Oz dollar was that low, the one i picked is a bit over the regular price(the dealer is a hungry b'stard) This one is a bit nearer the average price at the moment, and all the dealers are willing to come down more for cash... http://www.japcars.i...hp?ad_id=423677

http://www.japcars.i...hp?ad_id=423675

When i think back that i paid 8k for mine a year ago, i could have the same car for about 6k today

HMMMM, OK, maybe we do!

#34 legacy rsk

legacy rsk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:53 AM

Me thinks not...

9950 euro = $17343.

problem is you cant import them to australia unless you live in japan for 12mths. where as in the uk you can

1d3cb771-b699-4175-8507-6d835cbca0d8_zps

#35 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:50 AM

problem is you cant import them to australia unless you live in japan for 12mths. where as in the uk you can

So thats the catch eh... didn't know that (obviously)! When I was looking at em I was wondering why there isn't a shitload of em round, a B4 for 10-11g with >100K... ya couldn't really go wrong!

#36 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:14 PM

My old man is coming back to Oz from living in Taiwan for the last 8 or so years..... is that close enough?? :scratch_one-s_head:

Aussie B4's = no (standard) cruise control??? Reason??

#37 Chadza

Chadza

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:16 PM

From what I have been told (could be completely wrong). There is a turbo where the cruise control module goes on other Gen3 Liberty's. Too hard/expensive to redesign for the B4 maybe? Its a cheap copout by Subaru whatever the reason. It is the ONLY thing I dislike about my car. Everything else is perfect!
MY02 Blue Pearl B4 Manual - 185KW atw
Ecutek Stage 2, 3" DBE, Walbro FP, Hyperflow CAI
14.2 @ 158kph

#38 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:36 PM

One of the national B4's I saw an add for said it had a cruise control module fitted by Subaru (rare)..... I assume it would have been authentic/original Subaru...... So I guess it can be done....if that's what you want to spend your money on.. Tomorrow marks 3 weeks since I got my 1st Lib. When I bought it, all I wanted was a nice clean reliable car that wasn't too thirsty and had a little 'get up & go' if required, and didn't wake the neighbours six houses down when I started it up in the morning.... Man I must be fickle to do a complete 180' in only three weeks and now crave more power..... :blush: I've never seen/heard a B4 on the road, but speaking of 'loudness', if one was unmodified - are they loud? Exhaust? Turbo blow-off thingy?

#39 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:55 PM

They're a mass produced car - so quiet, however IIRC (please correct me if I'm wrong) they have a variable valve thing in the exhaust so when you give it beans, its a little louder (but not much) AMS car has a really low and deep burble (its hot). Sounds like a v8 at idle or cruising but very scooby-do when he gives it a flogging

Stuff goes here

#40 Ericmcg

Ericmcg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:23 AM

One of the national B4's I saw an add for said it had a cruise control module fitted by Subaru (rare).....
I assume it would have been authentic/original Subaru......
So I guess it can be done....if that's what you want to spend your money on..

Tomorrow marks 3 weeks since I got my 1st Lib. When I bought it, all I wanted was a nice clean reliable car that wasn't too thirsty and had a little 'get up & go' if required, and didn't wake the neighbours six houses down when I started it up in the morning....
Man I must be fickle to do a complete 180' in only three weeks and now crave more power..... :blush:

I've never seen/heard a B4 on the road, but speaking of 'loudness', if one was unmodified - are they loud?
Exhaust?
Turbo blow-off thingy?

That depends on your idea of loud, this is how mine sounds but its heavily modified. Its not to loud inside the car even with the windows open, but over 4500rpm it does get a bit loud..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users