189 replies to this topic

#141 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:51 PM

Oh yeah sweet. RS liberty bonnet and foggies shall be here by the weekend. Bonnet is same charcol colour should be all sweet! Front bumper is about 3/4 black now, new paint striper and some manual labour is proving effective :)

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#142 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Music, Sport, Beer, Wimin

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:04 PM

Soop, you say teh enayz dont respond well to mods. What about cams, tougher valve springs etc etc, wroked heads pretty much and make the f**ker rev? Would be extremely uneconomical in everyway I know but just curious is all :). Pics will be a must Mark. When doy ou hope to have them done?

Previous: 97 Gen 2 Liberty wagon, 89 NA MX5, 88 Toyota Cresta. Current: 04 turbo MX5, 02 Foz GT.

#143 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:23 PM

As far as I know its uncharted territory. I don't know the specs of the standard cams, I don't know what the head flow characteristics are. I do know they have Hydraulic rockers, which are no good if you want the engine to rev, because the pump up and hold the valve's open which restric the ability of the engine to rev. (probably incorrect, I'll have verify that) The next issue is the strenght of the internals, the forces on the internal componets are extreme and only get worse the faster the engine spins. So a rebuild is certainly nessisary, forged or high quality hypreutectic pistons are needed along with upgraded rods, rod bolts, bearings. Then to have it be able to breath you need the head to flow well enough, so work in that area is needed. Porting, oversized valves, volume matching (can't recall the correct term) port matching.All that is the only real way to make use of bigger cams. Then you can think about making it rev harder. But at the end of the day its a 2.2ltr motor and in the world of NA motors bigger is better. The bigger the engine the more engery it will produce. Thats why no one bothers with small displacement performance. They cost far to much and give little in return.
TSM

#144 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:32 PM

The sooner its done the better I guess, probably will prep up the doors as well, which means being a sick hecktic **** and having white doors while mine are getting done, I'l have to make good use of when dad has the spray gun out. Cause he doesn't like setting it up very often Need me a spoiler/wing now and some blinging chrome handles. A reliable engine would be alright aswell :P haha

#145 DRIVER

DRIVER

Trusted Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

The sooner its done the better I guess, probably will prep up the doors as well, which means being a sick hecktic **** and having white doors while mine are getting done, I'l have to make good use of when dad has the spray gun out. Cause he doesn't like setting it up very often

Need me a spoiler/wing now and some blinging chrome handles.

A reliable engine would be alright aswell :P haha

hehehe your list is nice and short of what u need.... :D
Posted Image
I dont give a f*ck how fast it is....there's no joy in threatening people.

#146 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Music, Sport, Beer, Wimin

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

Yeah, pissing into the wind really. You say there are better NA's out there. I assuming you mean the large capacity 6 cylinders. What about the humble 4AGE. 1.6L Twin cam 16/20valve. Im sure they wouldnt be as powerful when fuly decked out as a fully worked 2.2 or 2.5. ANYWAY, point is. Turbots or big capacity pwn in teh powahz. Dont get started on your V8's please :P. I reckon Marks got a good idea. 2.5 for now as his current motors f**ked to all buggery then drop in a EJ22T. Both guises would be cool. Cant wait to see pics with the RS goodness :).

Previous: 97 Gen 2 Liberty wagon, 89 NA MX5, 88 Toyota Cresta. Current: 04 turbo MX5, 02 Foz GT.

#147 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

HAHA! yeah its getting there. Slowly though. Can't wait to have these rs goodies finished off. Being a panal beater must suck balls. No offence to any panal beaters. :)

#148 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:34 PM

Yeah, pissing into the wind really.

You say there are better NA's out there. I assuming you mean the large capacity 6 cylinders. What about the humble 4AGE. 1.6L Twin cam 16/20valve. Im sure they wouldnt be as powerful when fuly decked out as a fully worked 2.2 or 2.5. ANYWAY, point is. Turbots or big capacity pwn in teh powahz. Dont get started on your V8's please :P.

I reckon Marks got a good idea. 2.5 for now as his current motors f**ked to all buggery then drop in a EJ22T. Both guises would be cool. Cant wait to see pics with the RS goodness :).

the only reason the 4age goes quick is because its in a light shell!

MY07 GT spec B

#149 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

the only reason the 4age goes quick is because its in a light shell!

gen1 and gen2 weigh less than a gen3 or gen4... or a boat... or a commonwhore... (in that order... HAI POOP!!)

sure they've got nothing on the older lighter cars (my old gen4 civic weighed under a 1000kg) but they still don't need as much powah to get them moving as a 1800kg family sedan does...

2mmwi1w.jpg

#150 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:11 PM

Yeah, pissing into the wind really.

You say there are better NA's out there. I assuming you mean the large capacity 6 cylinders. What about the humble 4AGE. 1.6L Twin cam 16/20valve. Im sure they wouldnt be as powerful when fuly decked out as a fully worked 2.2 or 2.5. ANYWAY, point is. Turbots or big capacity pwn in teh powahz. Dont get started on your V8's please :P.

Pretty much any of the high end Honda engines B18, K20, K24, F20 would be the best 4cyl engine to mod and keep N/A. Theres plenty of 11sec integra's, civics and S2K's out there

#151 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:53 AM

Less talk of how usless NA engines are and more talk on my build :P

#152 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:35 AM

There are some interesting NA builds over on NASIOC. Some run lumpier cams on the 2.5, and I've seen one bloke running an 8000rpm rev limit for motorkhana. Of course they don't make power to go up against a turbo, but they're certainly doable.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#153 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:51 AM

1800kg family sedan? Even they would be faster than your car Tristan. Mostly because they have far larger motors. Reece, Yeah no doubt there are a couple of "Quick" (It's all relative) Honda's getting around. A.They're not even in the relm of driveable. B. The cost would have made Barrak Obama blush. C. They're still FWD..... :P Anything is possible if you have the money. Thing is, if you have the money you'll just go and buy a decent car to begin with. The fact Mark has his Gen1 wagz thats exploded twice (:D) tells me he (and just about everyone of you) don't have the money to be doing these things. So while its all interesting to discuss such things. Don't go getting delusional!
TSM

#154 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:23 PM

im content with a stock ej25! it'll do me quite fine :) be a good way to experience a conversion aswell :D

#155 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:26 PM

Thing is, if you have the money you'll just go and buy a decent car to begin with.

Sooooo not true. What about all the retards that claim their 1000hp supra is better than a lambo because it's faster?

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

#156 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:19 PM

I can get an xforce varex extremly cheap, only catch is its the cannon style one. Thoughts on using it as a resonator or on the rear with a hecktic wricex offset :P

#157 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:04 AM

I can get an xforce varex extremly cheap, only catch is its the cannon style one. Thoughts on using it as a resonator or on the rear with a hecktic wricex offset :P

how cheap?

2mmwi1w.jpg

#158 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:33 AM

Luke, it is true. You'll find those people with High powered supra's and skylines, and cars of all sorts also have three others as daily's. I'll bet $10 no one here has that kind of money. So in the real world, what I said is true.
TSM

#159 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:16 AM

Nah, I still disagree. Maybe if someone else said it I would agree more.... :D

#160 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:24 AM

Bahahaha, you prick.
TSM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users