#81 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:25 PM

Nope.. not with the Suby times no more.. I own a handerrr remember?? :) so.. if all your old driveline is in this, then where is the RS? +1 for waterspray

#82 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:28 PM

RS/VZ/ conversion heap got standard driveline put in it, then i sold it back in september.....
MY02 Liberty B4

#83 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:34 PM

Nice work, well done, What rear end ratio's you running? they wouldn't be the std B4 ratio's if you used your old box from the RS... It must pick up and scream, Man I'd love to buy another turbo Suby they were heaps fun, nothing like VTECEAKKAKEAK powah though..

#84 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:54 PM

4.44 ratio.. with 4.44 Plated centre in the rear which is perfect for the street. i have a cusco 65:35 centre lined up to go in to give abit of a better bias. and possibly a front LSD. Or another option is DCCD 6 speed. Honda's a good cars! i worked on them for just over 1.5 years. most reliable cars i have worked on!
MY02 Liberty B4

#85 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:18 PM

4.44 ratio.. with 4.44 Plated centre in the rear which is perfect for the street. i have a cusco 65:35 centre lined up to go in to give abit of a better bias. and possibly a front LSD. Or another option is DCCD 6 speed.

Honda's a good cars! i worked on them for just over 1.5 years. most reliable cars i have worked on!

Niiiice...bit short no?

As for Honda being reliable..meh, been ok-ish so far, had a couple little hiccups in my 1 year.. They must've phased out reliability in my model,for the cheaper alternative called lemon-ness LOL

But in all honesty, so far, so ok-ish

#86 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:20 PM

I think its the perfect final drive ratio for the street. Of course i have different gear ratio's 1-4th compared to standard. I would actually like it just abit shorter for my driving style. (hence why im thinking 6 speed)
MY02 Liberty B4

#87 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

Hey guys, Im considering putting the car on the market, Comes with everything listed in the first post and any other Subaru GEN3 Spares that i may have lying around (rear lights, Spoiler, Legacy Garnish, Muffler) POA So pass the word on if you or your mates are after a Nicley Modified B4 with Comfort and Power all in one:)
MY02 Liberty B4

#88 Kosti

Kosti

George Clooney's evil twin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:16 PM

That's a shame Lance, was coming along nicely!
I prefer TWINS!

Now anyone up for a friendly game ?

Posted Image

#89 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

Got an EVO linned up mate ?

Stuff goes here

#90 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:19 PM

Yeah i do:) Dead standard VI
MY02 Liberty B4

#91 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:14 PM

Update- Car wasnt making the power it should (230kw's on 22PSI = FAIL) and has always felt abit laggy. So i pulled the engine out about 3 weeks ago and decided to freshen it up and see what i actually have here. I havnt got any pics as a camera isnt a great thing to take to work but ill try and get some for the viewers at home. Anyway i sent the heads up to my mates at the engine centre, Got a full service done on them, 3 Angle valve grind, new valve stem oil seals and all the shizz bang that equals to a nice big bill at the end. I did some searching on the part numbers of my cams etc and have edited that in the first post. So now that the heads are back i started to pull the bottom end down.. Ordered parts from the wiseco, cometic and ACL catalouge and have started Building my own engine:) So short block is almost assembled (2 pistons to go, which ill do tomorrow) then its only a few hours work till its up and running:) Ill be pretty happy if it starts hahaha Once its up and running ill be looking at buying some bling for it.. - DEFI BF gauges (boost + water) - New wheels for track, im looking at Rota Grids, but have heard that they snap in half.. So maybe some STI 17's.. - Im looking for some front lip extensions and maybe a rear diffuser if they are even made for the BE5?? Any idea's??
MY02 Liberty B4

#92 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:05 AM

rota had quality issues going back around 5+ years. i had no hesitation in buying a set for mine. please take your time and don't rush your engine build. would hate to see lots of work go in for it all to go to shit with one little step missed, no offence to you but it is a big deal building up a motor esp if you haven't done it before.

MY07 GT spec B

#93 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:10 PM

rota had quality issues going back around 5+ years. i had no hesitation in buying a set for mine.

please take your time and don't rush your engine build. would hate to see lots of work go in for it all to go to shit with one little step missed, no offence to you but it is a big deal building up a motor esp if you haven't done it before.

lol, Im taking it at a pace i feel comftable at, I have triple checked my work and got advice from my boss, So im on a great path already. Everything is done perfect, ring gaps correct and in the right places, All bolts torqued to "specs".

I take your advice of being careful, and see where your coming from.

short block is now fully assembled, with the heads to be put on on monday, then its a simple job of bolting on all the shit, Ill clean the injectors on monday too, just to be sure;)

I have a pic on my phone of the closed deck block and massive head studs.. looks so sexy:) ill upload it soon
MY02 Liberty B4

#94 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:23 PM

Had a few Dyno runs today:) Thought it would go good to see how things are going.

KM's on engine: 1,228

First run : 24 then just nudging 25 PSI up top = 257.1KW's :yahoo:
Boost is a little high, So i decided to Turn it down a notch
AFR's stick to 10.6 of fullboost, So its really safe and rich

Second run :
23 then just nudging 24PSI up top = 256.1kw's
Not too bad, Same power, but less boost.. which is a good thing. So i think i need bigger rear Turbine and housing to make any use of more than 25PSI
AFR's same as above

Third run :
22 tapering down to 21 PSI up top = 249.3Kw's
Decided to lower boost again and pull abit of fuel out up top and kept AFR's at 11.2 and just dipping below 11 close to redline.

I dont have a scanner yet, so no dyno printouts.

So im pretty happy with the results, Looks like I built a good engine so far:) Its got ALOT of fuel in there which is good insurance, and has stuff all timing aswell. So there is much more left in it, I havnt dialed in the cams just yet, so they are set at neutral for the time being. However im already thinking of changing my turbo. Maybe a GT3076R, or SS42. But ill see how i go.

I have hill climb event in 3 weeks, so i have to start getting the car ready for that.. (fire extinguisher, Stickers fr tow and battery and practice launching with launch control.
MY02 Liberty B4

#95 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:30 PM

double post fail
MY02 Liberty B4

#96 Chadza

Chadza

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:00 AM

mate, you must be thrilled with that. Sounds like its going to be a weapon! Mine is quick enough with 185kw at the treads let alone another 33% more power! WOW. well done!
MY02 Blue Pearl B4 Manual - 185KW atw
Ecutek Stage 2, 3" DBE, Walbro FP, Hyperflow CAI
14.2 @ 158kph

#97 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

:D its a bit of fun putting them together hey, Nice results dude. I'm putting together a 4AC from scratch at the moment (when I get off the computer) and its no where near as fun as the subaru LOL.\ Be mindfull that running too rich is just as deadly as running too lean, over rich will strip the thin oil film from the bore and fork your rings.

#98 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:09 PM

257Kw! Well done! I'm interested how this will pan out. Keep the posts coming.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#99 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:22 PM

Yeah it goes alright, But im keen to muck around with the cams and try and get abit of bottom end grunt back. I really need it
MY02 Liberty B4

#100 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:01 PM

Hey guys, Hows it all going?

As you may or may not have noticed i have not been on here in a while. (missed you all) missed alot of really good meets aswell i have read. :unsure: I have been flat out this year at work finishing my apprenticeship up, Going away to work for a few Rally teams at Targa High Country, some Local ACT/NSW state gravel events, and one ARC ran car. and im just getting started.

As for the B4 it has had a few changed over the past 6 months some upgrades and some...well replacements and breakages. :diablo:

I did my first Track day in the old girl a few months ago at wakefield after installing my new Rear sway bar. This gave me a chance to see how she goes compared to other AWD turbo cars in a closed environment. Running cheap Achillies Tyres i started off with a consistent 1.16 lap which i though was not too bad considering the tires would overheat after a few laps and the brake fluid boiled a few times (look in fast fours issue in the next few months as there was coverage) I had one of our customers/Targa Tasmania champion Bernie Webb jump in to give me a few pointers and show me what lines to take. This alone got me down to a 1.13 and i was stoked!!! Next time out once the car is closer to being finished and not rused to put it back together the night before! im hoping for under 1.10s.

I cracked my GT spec extractors due to being heatwrapped and overheated which gave me the chance to try something different. I went out and bought a set of Tuned/Equal Length extractors, My06+ late model sump/oil pick up and gave them a shot. I did this as alot of the targa cars are running the equal length twin scroll setup and have had very good results in doing so. I have noticed an increase in spool as this was an issue i have been aiming at, and the loss of the boxer note. which i LOVE! The engine sounds much smoother and has an awesome note when the cams come into play and just open up.

One bad thing that happened was a broke 3.5 teeth of the pinion in my front diff of my 5 speed PPG box :( so i took this opportunity to upgrade and bite the bullet and buy a 6 speed. The gearbox in question was a 2005 STI DCCD Close ratio model from a spec C. Which is simply divine to drive. There is a gear for every situation and the car is always on boost!! it now has the balls to pull in 6th from 80 :)
The Biggest difference would have to be the torque split which is now 35:65 as im not running a controller. The car feels much more neutral on initial turn in and will induce oversteer as you power through the corner, unlike the shitty open diffed 5 speed, You can feel the front LSD pull you through and the rear pushing it out. This will aid at the track and give me alot more grip through the corners. im planning on buying a controller, most likly a PBMS one as i get good prices and know them or make up my own (nothing as fancy, but to trick the Centre and adjust the voltage to change the split.

Of course there is a few things that have to be changed in order for the bulky 6 speed to fit. So i bought an Exedy cusion button clutch + flywheel, Auto Tailshaft from an 3GENoutback, and 3.9 ratio diff from my mates wrecked GEN1 GX. This gave me the chance to rebuilt my plated R160 and make it nice and tight and give it a paint to look new again.

One problem for punters that want to do this to their gen3 is that the centre bearing mount are different between liberty and outback, The outback one sits lower and may get close to your exhaust if your not careful. Im just going to use my 5 speed centre bearing and swap it over. Also one other issue was that the shifter linkages are different for the liberty as its longer!!! The shifter support linkage is 10-15mm too short to bolt up to the back of the gearbox and you have to extend this to fit. You can weld a bit a rod in to get the length of cut a 5 speed linkage and use the end of that as the bushes are exactly the same.

The last on my list is i bought a new Turbo :) FINALLY!!

I bought a Garrett GT3076R .82 which i cant wait to arrive (This week and hopefully before Christmas) Im hoping for a gain in all areas and also giving me more drivability and power to use. There are a few cars here in ACT running a setup close to mine (superlap preped cars) The good thing is i already have a twist mount so a change from T25 to T3 will needed to be done and plumb in an external wastegate and make my own Dump pipe. So 300+kw might be in sight ;) But ill be happy with 280 and a fat chunk of midrange wheel spinning torque.

So keep your eyes and ears here for more updates in the future, I dont get the time i used to, to spend on the computer but i really want to come to sydney in the new year and see you all at a meet/BBQ or dyno day or something. I have a heap of pics of my progress like my engine build in march and the many drivelines in and out this year and random ones one my computer. ill try and upload some

PS: i want a front lip also if anyone can PM me on one forsale, (im pretty sure its the MY05 STI ones that fit)

Happy Christmas guys and have a good break

-Lance
MY02 Liberty B4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users