165 replies to this topic

#101 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:18 PM

Lance!

Hows it goin buddy? Congrats on your apprenticeship progression and also work and that. Even an ARC gig?! Awesome!

I was actually gonna txt ya a couple of days ago about our cruise because it was sorta/kinda half near your direction and you came to the last one. But I forgot because I'm useless!

I'm a bit 50/50 with the tuned length headers on Subys but when done right, they can sound pretty damn epic!! Would be interesting to hear yours -- is it deep much, or just a nice smooth tone to it?

New turbo is exciting :D Keep us posted on how that goes for ya...

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#102 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:54 PM

Posted Image

#103 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:15 PM

Hahaha what ever you reakon :sarcastic:
MY02 Liberty B4

#104 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:07 AM

Might have to leave my car with you lance and work your magic!

#105 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:45 AM

That sounds so cool! My mates STI with 225kw is freaken quick so 300+ must be insane! the EL headers do sound pretty good too! did you get yours cermic coated or heatwrapped?

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#106 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:38 PM

I had the option to ceramic coat them when i bought them but i chose not too due to funds at the time. I may pull them off soon and get them done though. We have a customer with a similar engine to mine in a GC8 who had it done and noticed the oil temp was 15-20 degrees cooler under normal driving.

I wont use heatwrap again, but iam thinking about using the same heat reflecting tape we have on the EVO for the sump.

I have also removed the underbody tray to aid in cooling
MY02 Liberty B4

#107 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:52 PM

was it just the ceramic coating that reduced the temps that much? do you run an oil cooler? or just use the factory one that uses radiator water?

#108 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:17 PM

The extractors, up pipe, dump and rear housing was coated on that particular car.

On my engine i just use the standard oil cooler, which yes is the coolant cooled one. I have thought about an external mounted one, but its not needed at the moment.
MY02 Liberty B4

#109 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

hey guys,

Had a bit of a shit christmas break, I bought a GT3076R Turbo of rexnet.. and it ended up being a scam and lost my money, Aswell as a few other members :(

I have been driving the car all over the place which is what its purpose is but have been getting it ready for a track days this year which i really want to have a good crack at it. My last/First time was 1:16s which i got down to 1:13s. But im eager to push it further with a few mods and skills.

So recently i have purchased the following to give it abit more around the corners

- Whiteline 22mm front sway bar
- Whiteline Underbody H brace
- Cusco adjustible Strut brace
- Tein Flex Coilovers :) (finally)

This aswell as the New DCCD 6 speed i did late last year im confident the car will do under 1:10. I have also some new brakes, RDA 326mm slotteds up front and DBA 316mm slotteds in the rear. and using QFM A1RM pads allround. Iam yet to get some braided lines which really need doing as the rubber ones are starting to perish.

I also got a set of used Semi slicks in 235/45/17 however i dont have 17" wheels anymore. So if anyone has any 17 x 8 that clear brembos. I would be very interested.

Thanks
Lance
MY02 Liberty B4

#110 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:44 PM

was it just the ceramic coating that reduced the temps that much? do you run an oil cooler? or just use the factory one that uses radiator water?

ceramic coating increases exhaust temps. hotter exhaust = faster gases = faster spool for the turbo

MY07 GT spec B

#111 Trent

Trent

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

How much faster?

#112 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:08 PM

stuff all. Works in theory, but not enough to notice when your driving. Its something you do for peice of mind, more than function
MY02 Liberty B4

#113 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:46 PM

Did a hillclimb a few weeks ago now, Great entry level motorsport and cheap!

I went ok, 4th or something in my class and about 10th outright out of 80 or so cars. Mind you i was the only one on street tyres in my class. But its all fun :)

You get timed in 3 positions on the track: 20M, firstpass of finish then 2nd/final pass of finish. I was in the top 3 for my 20m times which i was really happy with, considering my cars about 1500kg compared to the light weight GC8s and evos.

Since the coilovers were put in about 2 months ago, i havnt really tested them or had a place to set them up. So the hillclimb was a good starting point, followed by the Ultimate Tunes trackday 3 days later. where I destroyed the rest that was left of my Tyres :(

Here is some pics taken and two videos... Gotta love big launches :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Video

Lap

Launch (takes a while to get into it as i had to wait for the car infront to leave the track
My link
MY02 Liberty B4

#114 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:01 PM

That thing looks and sounds awesome. One day I'll do the noisy mods to mine.

Commentator "very rapid starting subaru libertyy".

#115 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:53 PM

A few of you guys may have seen on my facebook page that i recently bought a new turbo :) this once i actually recieved!

its a forced performance HTA82. It may not sound familier to some but basically FP or Forced Performance are a very popular turbo for the 4g63 guys. Basically they take a genuine garrett turbo, (GT3582R in my case) and make them better. Since there is so much new technology out. Forced performance took advantage of this and developed their own billet compresser wheel as well as an Anti-surge compresser housing, and matched that with the garrett turbo.
By doing this. They say it will increase spool up and also produce more CFM which intern will produce more horsepower.

I installed the new Billet filled goodness about a month ago, matched with a gtpumps 38mm external gate. Had my mate who is great with a welder, fabricate a new up pipe and new 3.5" dump to bend around my fat 6 speed.

Without touching anything else and running wastegate pressure there was already a huge difference. Spool up was insane, 1.3bar by 3750rpm!! And seeing positive boost at 2000. Keep in mind i have 272 degree cams which arnt famous for their bottom end pull. These have also adjustible cam wheels aswell. So there is much more to be had when they get a fiddle with.

I could now tell the car really needed a retune to take advantage of this new billet huffer. I drove it around for a few weeks as i have no other transport, and having a few night drives with my mates and their very fast cars!! (next months fast fours covercar , check it ;) BADRX8...

I had it booked in with michael south, but with his busy schedule and me being flat out at work i couldnt get the time get the car to him. So its in at a local workshop here in ACT, who keep a low profile but are very very good with what they do. Having a brand new DD dyno and years of tuning race/rally cars i can feel comfortable that they will look after me.

With instructions of do it once, do it right, they took the keys

I have ordered the new Autronic firmware v1.09 for my SM4 which we are still awaiting to recieve from melbourne and fitted up an IACV so i can finally have cold start and a stable idle.

As mentioned before the adjustible cam wheels have yet to be played with so im very excited to see the results of this. As most tunes, its going to take some time to find the "sweetspot" but the difference is going to be unreal.

Im unsure of what power this new setup will make, but drivability and midrange is what im mostly looking for, remembering its still a daily driver ;)

So keep watchibg this space and ill keep you all updated!

-Lance
MY02 Liberty B4

#116 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:01 PM

geebus, thats going to be nuts. It was freaking quick when it was over here

Whos doing the work ? techworks ?

Stuff goes here

#117 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:20 PM

Na, i do all my own mechanical work at my work (TTS),

I can thank mick (techworkz) for hooking me up with some Tyres and spare bits and peices after i did some work for him during my time off.

Autotech services in hume will be doing the tuning, (dont be confused with Autotech engineering in Sydney)

Its just a bummer we dont have a Dyno at my work yet, as road tuning is farking dangerous and all the 4WD dynos are all southside so hiring is abit difficult.

Its a totally different car from when dan owned it, new motor setup, full driveline changed, all suspension done etc.. So im looking forward to it
MY02 Liberty B4

#118 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:16 PM

Damn wish you got it to MSR's! He'd jizz over it and give you so much advice on hill climbs etc...not to mention it's not far from mine and you could take me for a spin :P

#119 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:28 PM

Sh1t yeah.

Good to see it being developed seriously.

I'd like to know more about billet wheeled Garretts.

#120 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:08 AM

I'd like to know more about billet wheeled Garretts.

If thy tint is dark and thy wheels are black thou car be declared b11tchin'

So you can run it on 6psi with an rx fuel pump? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users