• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:37 AM

I'm after a part number for a set of B4 Injectors, all i know is that they are pink.

Would these fit ?
http://cgi.ebay.com....d#ht_6189wt_924

as i hasn't been running 100% for a couple of weeks since i noticed the fuel injector check engine light.

#2 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:39 AM

Get your VIN and goto subaru (they basically wont talk to you without the VIN). Find the part number and what they are (ie 550 top feed or whatever they are) and go from there

Stuff goes here

#3 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:42 AM

I don't like going to Subaru, they scare me. But yes, i will do that if no one knows the part number or exact details. :)

#4 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:46 AM

Where is B4TT the redbook/carsales/parts man when you need him?

#5 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:46 AM

Hey dude, did you consider getting them serviced? Might cost you $100 instead of over 300 each injector (yes that is what subaru charge) I had to replace one of mine that fagged out and I think even at trade I could only get it for 260 or something like that. BTW just noticed your post :P im here aha

#6 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:51 AM

Hey dude, did you consider getting them serviced?
Might cost you $100 instead of over 300 each injector (yes that is what subaru charge) I had to replace one of mine that fagged out and I think even at trade I could only get it for 260 or something like that.

BTW just noticed your post :P im here aha

I didn't know they could be serviced? I ran some injector cleaner through them, that did nothing.

S&J quoted $950 for low KM 05 STi ones fitted. They don't look that hard to replace but i don't want to fork my fuel system and make it start a fire.

#7 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:53 AM

Stuff goes here

#8 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:02 AM

yeah a service is definitely gonna be the cheapest option unless you can score a cheap second hand set. Dylan has the Subaru parts software so if you pm him he could give you the subaru part number

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#9 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:05 AM

yeah a service is definitely gonna be the cheapest option unless you can score a cheap second hand set.

Dylan has the Subaru parts software so if you pm him he could give you the subaru part number

Cheers, yeah sounds good, i'll suss out cleaning prices. It's not like they're split or broken or anything, probably just a little clogged up.

It's not running really bad, probably only 170kw's not 180. Posted Image

#10 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:08 AM

My Dad has an ultrasonic cleaning machine, shame hes not in Syd though. Walts def look at giving them a clean up, they replace the o-rings and baskets in them when they do it, providing the coils are fine in them(thats tested as part of the service) then they will work like new. Expect to pay between 20 and 25 per injector for a service.. well worth it P.S. Injector cleaning additive is pretty much useless, doesn't clean shit

#11 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:11 AM

My Dad has an ultrasonic cleaning machine, shame hes not in Syd though.

Walts def look at giving them a clean up, they replace the o-rings and baskets in them when they do it, providing the coils are fine in them(thats tested as part of the service) then they will work like new.

See, if i had a 50cc Scooter, i could be without my injectors for a week while i send them to your Dad Posted Image

Expect to pay between 20 and 25 per injector for a service.. well worth it

Seems much better than a replacement, cost wise!

#12 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:19 AM

I mean the additive man.. not the physical take them out and put them on a flow bench and ultrasonically clean them cos that shit works well..... its the stuff you put in your fuel and hope for the best does 3 fifths of fork all

#13 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:21 AM

I mean the additive man.. not the physical take them out and put them on a flow bench and ultrasonically clean them cos that shit works well..... its the stuff you put in your fuel and hope for the best does 3 fifths of fork all

Whoops i quoted the wrong this, i know that cleaner in the fuel does shit all.

I meant to quote the 25 dollar per injector thing haha just emailed for a few quotes on ultrasonic cleaning then.

#14 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:34 AM

:D cool. Good luck with it hehe

#15 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:55 AM

Hey dude, did you consider getting them serviced?

P.S. Injector cleaning additive is pretty much useless, doesn't clean shit

+1

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#16 natho

natho

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:44 AM

walts what makes you think you need new injectors? the light on the dash indicates that the ECU has detected a fault of some sort, doesn't mean injectors specifically. to read the codes you need an OBD2 cable and some software - i've got all that if you'd like to check it out sometime. if it does come down to removing injectors to replace or clean them, it's not super hard, but a bit fiddly. i've only done the drivers side so far but i think that's the worst.

#17 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:46 AM

walts what makes you think you need new injectors? the light on the dash indicates that the ECU has detected a fault of some sort, doesn't mean injectors specifically. to read the codes you need an OBD2 cable and some software - i've got all that if you'd like to check it out sometime.

if it does come down to removing injectors to replace or clean them, it's not super hard, but a bit fiddly. i've only done the drivers side so far but i think that's the worst.

It's alright Nath, i know my car. Posted Image

Read the codes a while ago, it said "Fuel Injector Number 3" and i explained it to Sean at S&J (the master) and he said it's a common problem with the B4's and he said they need to be cleaned or replaced.

#18 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:10 PM

First Quote, $185:

http://www.lubemobil...on-service.html

They come to you, but i don't think they take out the injectors, it's just like a flush.

Still waiting to hear back from the other blokes who actually do ultrasonic cleaning.

#19 natho

natho

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:32 PM

no probs walts! i used to get them done at Mildrens/Rotary Automotive services. been thinking about getting mine done, but at this rate i might just get a single turbo conversion instead!

#20 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:01 PM

First Quote, $185:

http://www.lubemobil...on-service.html

They come to you, but i don't think they take out the injectors, it's just like a flush.

Ouch....
Thats a rip... youd expect to pay that if they were taking the injectors out and replacing them.
And not only do you want them ultrasonically cleaned but you want them to check the resistance in the coils (modern machines do it) and also do the whole range of tests like leak test, cold start and spray pattern check... not just a flow check

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users