#61 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:44 AM

hi mate this is Dan, own the red/Burgundy RX gen3 from stgeo tafe. FR34KO.. also call the car Berty cos the 'Li' is missing on the back haha
thanks for the reference :)

I havent seen ur liberty around, i assumed when i got the note, it was from this white Gen2 with STi badges i seen there hahaa.. will be sure to look out for yours, it looks great!!! love the picture in the car wash !

Would love to do a cuple mods u have! like the red led's for the a/c nd somin in the dash (orange+red+white, i think), the front grille and maybe even that back bar extension..

Saw in one of ur posts ur thinkin of a Forester XT. Im def's goin for a 25XT, round '07 Model, next. cant fukin wait! ..but thats 3 or so yrs away.. :(

Also love the Custom sub box, is the cover for the spare compartment cut around it so u can open it??

Thanks mate, be sure to chat to ya!

#62 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:34 AM

hi mate this is Dan, own the red/Burgundy RX gen3 from stgeo tafe. FR34KO.. also call the car Berty cos the 'Li' is missing on the back haha
thanks for the reference :)

I havent seen ur liberty around, i assumed when i got the note, it was from this white Gen2 with STi badges i seen there hahaa.. will be sure to look out for yours, it looks great!!! love the picture in the car wash !

Would love to do a cuple mods u have! like the red led's for the a/c nd somin in the dash (orange+red+white, i think), the front grille and maybe even that back bar extension..

Saw in one of ur posts ur thinkin of a Forester XT. Im def's goin for a 25XT, round '07 Model, next. cant fukin wait! ..but thats 3 or so yrs away.. :(

Also love the Custom sub box, is the cover for the spare compartment cut around it so u can open it??

Thanks mate, be sure to chat to ya!

Welcome mate. You should introduce urself to the club introductions and post a few pics up of your car...

I was parked in the street, ive got 2 yrs of tafe 2 days a week n I aint forking out $4/day lol :huh:

Trying to change ur dash (orange+red+white), will be near impossible as there is only 4 main globes to light it up... The grill you will have to find it overseas on importmonster and the rear pods i got lucky n just stumbled across them by chance. They are rare as rocking horse **** and if u do come across them they arent cheap... Dont even try Subaru they will want both ur arms n legs, a kidney n possible ur left nut lol

I never thought of a cut out to access the spare wheel but at the same time i dont want to chop it up, gotta think of resale as well...

#63 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:07 PM

Welcome mate. You should introduce urself to the club introductions and post a few pics up of your car...

I was parked in the street, ive got 2 yrs of tafe 2 days a week n I aint forking out $4/day lol :huh:

Trying to change ur dash (orange+red+white), will be near impossible as there is only 4 main globes to light it up... The grill you will have to find it overseas on importmonster and the rear pods i got lucky n just stumbled across them by chance. They are rare as rocking horse **** and if u do come across them they arent cheap... Dont even try Subaru they will want both ur arms n legs, a kidney n possible ur left nut lol

I never thought of a cut out to access the spare wheel but at the same time i dont want to chop it up, gotta think of resale as well...

will do that the intro thing :)

yea the $4 is a f'n rip off.. ive been usin shrapys from tips from my barjob hahah now theres none left in my car, so ill be on the street too.

gah, bummer bout the dash lights! :( oh well does that mean max of two colours or sumin?
mmm ive looked a bit on importmonster b4, have to jump back on. ok, ill forget those rear pods then haha, hmm those mud guards ive seen on some lib's mite look good sprayed to the body colour. bloody suby parts r so expensive.

lol so u gotta take the sub out if u need the spare? but yea resale is important.. mines basically shot cos i darkened my rear garnish hahaah ...i like it. nay love it so meh. i gotta get some pics up.

#64 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:17 PM

oh well does that mean max of two colours or sumin?

Do not do more than 1 colour.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#65 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:24 PM

will do that the intro thing :)

yea the $4 is a f'n rip off.. ive been usin shrapys from tips from my barjob hahah now theres none left in my car, so ill be on the street too.

gah, bummer bout the dash lights! :( oh well does that mean max of two colours or sumin?
mmm ive looked a bit on importmonster b4, have to jump back on. ok, ill forget those rear pods then haha, hmm those mud guards ive seen on some lib's mite look good sprayed to the body colour. bloody suby parts r so expensive.

lol so u gotta take the sub out if u need the spare? but yea resale is important.. mines basically shot cos i darkened my rear garnish hahaah ...i like it. nay love it so meh. i gotta get some pics up.

Theres a street before the woolies servo that I park in... Always get parking there...

Nah I actually made a slight cut on the underside of the mat so it creates a fold under the sub... Isnt bolt down to the floor, Ive managed to hook it on the side with metal straping and a few screws so if i have to access the spare the floor just folds and walha easy access...

#66 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:05 PM

Do not do more than 1 colour.

probly do orange or white then. if not, wat chris has..

Theres a street before the woolies servo that I park in... Always get parking there...

Nah I actually made a slight cut on the underside of the mat so it creates a fold under the sub... Isnt bolt down to the floor, Ive managed to hook it on the side with metal straping and a few screws so if i have to access the spare the floor just folds and walha easy access...

sweet ill check out that street :)

ahh ok sounds like u got it covered haha :)

now.. for that introduction thingy :)

#67 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:42 AM

What does everyone think of the colour of these? Im thinking of spraying my CS9s this colour...

Metalic Dark silver

Posted Image

Posted Image

#68 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:37 AM

hmm not too bad! is that a white/grey speckle through it or just dust? I like the other two tone it seems to have.. from lighter charcoal towards dark.. wuld look good in the sun i guess

#69 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

New plates arrived yesterday....

Posted Image

#70 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:35 AM

nice man, nice.
and what are those yellow circles within your fog light housing?
..my first guess was led's...

#71 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

Looks good Chris!

Yea mate they are LEDs...
http://i567.photobuc...12092010138.jpg

IM47Gcv.jpg

#72 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:03 AM

plates look cool mate.

instead of repainting your wheels, why not just buy those gram lights instead??

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#73 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:12 PM

Looks good Chris!

Yea mate they are LEDs...
http://i567.photobuc...12092010138.jpg

Ive actually changed them now to high powered SMD leds reasoning for them being yellow...

plates look cool mate.

instead of repainting your wheels, why not just buy those gram lights instead??

They are only 17s which would require new tyres and they are $900 so way out of my budget...

#74 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:35 PM

Updates people... Just purchased these today for a cheap $150 brand new off a 58 year old MY06 WRX owner who does track work at Wakefield on a regular basis!

I know these babies will fit as the part no. are identical for my car! Hopefully if its not raining 2mrw after work I can put them in... Hopefully with king springs it wont be too bumpy...

Posted Image

On another note, my mate Mark, some of you meet him at Hooters, recently got new tyres for his ride when they werent totally needed n beening the great mate he is has given me old KU31s so I can chuck em on my old rims so I can get the CS9s recoloured... So hopefully i can get it all done by time next months meet up...

#75 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

On another note, my mate Mark, some of you meet him at Hooters, recently got new tyres for his ride when they werent totally needed n beening the great mate he is has given me old KU31s so I can chuck em on my old rims so I can get the CS9s recoloured... So hopefully i can get it all done by time next months meet up...

Is he the guy that beat you in that chicken wing-eating comp? If so, that guys a champ :sarcastic:

Haha, but jokes aside. Shocks look good. I'm sure your relieved to have them! Rain predicted for tomorrow too unfortunately...

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#76 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:00 AM

Ok guys im slightly annoyed now...

I managed to change my struts on the weekend but still have the same knocking/rubbing sound going around certain round-a-bouts, corners... I have yet to get wheel alighment done though so it mite fix the problem... Im also starting to consider it could be my shitty tyres, i mite chuck the spares my mate gave me to see if that fixes anything...

I have a question for the ppl in the know how, how often are u suppose to change ur power steering fluid? I havent changed it since i bought the car over 2 yrs ago...

#77 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:21 AM

What knocking are you getting mate? Is it coming from the front or the rear of the car?

Does it just do it in a straight line, or when you turn as well?

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#78 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:41 PM

Sound is coming from the front only when i turn... Initally i thought it was my front struts knocking around but obviously not since i just changed them... Could be anything... Its been happening ever since i changed my CVs 5 months ago... After i had them changed i went back complaining about the noise so he put 2 brand new 1s in for nothing... I cant remember if ive had wheel alighnment since then so that mite fix the problem, well im hoping anyways...

#79 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:51 PM

Sound is coming from the front only when i turn... Initally i thought it was my front struts knocking around but obviously not since i just changed them... Could be anything... Its been happening ever since i changed my CVs 5 months ago... After i had them changed i went back complaining about the noise so he put 2 brand new 1s in for nothing... I cant remember if ive had wheel alighnment since then so that mite fix the problem, well im hoping anyways...

Checked Ball Joints?

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#80 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:20 PM

Ive already replaced them with superpro roll centre kit... Replaced my tie rod ends with some new aftermarket ones n steering pack bushes with superpro ones n have a ALK...All other bushes are standard...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users