• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#21 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:48 AM

Awesome write up Ben, after all the drama with the TT engines it's good to see you have a package you are happy with.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#22 johnb4

johnb4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

really enjoyed that right up man :) sucks you had so much trouble with it but good to see it worked out in the end. love the car!!

#23 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

Cheers, I'm glad to see my tastes and work is appreciated by others!
Haha Alex, yep, gotta love the ol' covers :P (although on a more serious note, who would buy them? surely they would be obvious that they're fakes?)
Unless you don't look carefully at what you're buying on IM Nick, you won't have a problem with them. Although I see you now are the owner of a new bumper for not much. Nice work!
Very much happy with the engine package I've got now. Although I'm a bit annoyed at myself for not getting the exhaust finished off while I was up there, but I had issues feeding myself that month, so maybe it was a good thing I didn't...
Could not recommend that package enough. Also Al and Miles workmanship. Its brilliant! I finally got under the car the other day, and saw the perfection that is my new dump pipe and high flow cat. Damn... Rest of the exhaust looks like a bodge job comparitively!
I would have loved to get genuine 401 gear, as it would have been made from injection moulded plastic rather than fibreglass, but they wont let you buy them, and I was also told that they are no longer in production...

Cheers,
Ben

Edit - I suppose that I should be a bit clearer with the 401 part prices - the 500 for the scoop and grand for the bumper include all the customs duties and import monster costs to get it to my door.

Edited by allpaw4, 23 January 2011 - 06:48 PM.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#24 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:38 PM

All jokes aside, that was probably one of the best reads on this forum in ages!

How the fork did you manage to pop your engine so many times? You must drive it like it's stolen!! :)

The STI conversion with the single setup and 195kw is fantastic! Well done.

I like where you installed the gauges........ You must've seen that somewhere before...... On a forum possibly, or maybe a silver B4 on a forum somewhere?.............

In all honesty, credit to you for stickin it out, I would've torched it and got paid out :)

#25 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:29 AM

Cheers Brendan! Ummm... I don't think that I drive it like I stole it, I'm pretty gentle on it compared to a lot of other people I know. Always rev match, not usually above 3500 before changing, not too often it sees WOT either... Maybe I'm just being too gentle... Or, I'm just like dad, and if it has a weak spot mechanically, I'll find it. Either way, not good. 1st one was the previous owner. It lasted 3 weeks. 2nd was me not getting it tuned. Bound to happen. 3rd, well that was the fried coil pack. This one should last the distance... hopefully.
Haha, yea, I do remember seeing it on a certain someones B4. I think I had my gauges on order a few days before I saw yours - so when I saw your position, it was decided I would follow suit. They fit so neatly there!
Hahaha, beleive me, that thought has crossed my mind a few times, but I think its just not worth the hassle of dealling with the insurance company, especially after investing so much blood sweat and coin into it. This car seems to claim all 3 on a regular basis :dash2:

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#26 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:43 AM

I like the centre mounted dials. Better position than A pillar. Or screwed to the dash.

Nick

If thy tint is dark and thy wheels are black thou car be declared b11tchin'

So you can run it on 6psi with an rx fuel pump? :P

#27 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:04 AM

Hi there,

Why didn't I spot this thread earlier? A fellow blue b4 owner!

Nice writeup.

- Alex.
(yes, also with a blue b4)

Posted Image

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#28 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:09 AM

Is it an 02 B4?

I could swear that Subaru could've filed criminal charges on how I drove my 03, it was an indestructible beast (gearbox excluded twice), as I'm aware she's still going strong now!

But, I always maintained and cared for the b4 hardcore.. Oil changes were done sometimes at 3500k's and oil was still gold at times lol!!

Plus with the home brew tune, it was always over-fuelled a little to be safe. The b4's dreaded ping was always freaking me out when I heard stories of other peoples B4 engines packing it up

#29 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:52 AM

Great write up. I really like everything you have done to the car. Im pretty interested in going single at this stage. What turbo does the car run?

#30 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

The b4's dreaded ping was always freaking me out when I heard stories of other peoples B4 engines packing it up

Same here! mine now has 156,000 and i've drivin it pretty hard on a fair few occasions for the last 80,000 and it's still going strong. I dont have a tune either :o

#31 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

Same here! mine now has 156,000 and i've drivin it pretty hard on a fair few occasions for the last 80,000 and it's still going strong. I dont have a tune either :o

If you have the 03 like I did, you can sleep a little more relaxed, they kinda ironed out some of the ping issues with the 03, the 01-02 are still VERY prone to launching the big end bearing from pingiusitus.

Install a Walbro hi-flow pump and that should get you a tad more reliability if you're still worried.

I was running the 20+psi all day everyday with a rich tune, and knock on wood, it still felt the same every morning when I started her up.

If you have a manual B4, don't follow the hype and install an Exedy HD clutch, I should've listened to all the warnings I was given.. it's cheaper and easier to change a blown or slipping standard clutch, than trying to source or rebuild a B4 gearbag, as no other model shares it!!! and the only other option you have for the 4.44 ratio that would fit is from a non turbo forrester with Hi-Low option..

Trust me, anyone has weird and wonderful B4 questions, I can answer almost all of them for you.

#32 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:21 PM

I have an 01 Manual and it has an Exedy H/D clutch. If I could go back in time I would have chosen the Exedy OEM replacement. I have never launched the car and never will so the gearbox SHOULD last.

#33 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

Haha I gather my post didn't make you too comfortable!! Lol

It wasn't so much launching, it was popping the clutch between gears, DON'T do that and you'll be sweet.. Wot won't blow your box nearly as quick

#34 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:20 PM

It must be the way you drive or the extra boost you were pushing through it haha cllutch has been in for 50,000 so I'm guessing if it was going to break something it would have happened by now

#35 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:27 PM

It was that 1st to 2nd hard shift, and pumping the clutch in second that killed mine :(

#36 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:58 PM

Hehe, yep, Blue is the best colour of the B4's. Followed closely by white. Sorry all you silver people, but blue wins! B)
From reading the turbo thread on ozliberty, mine has the VF36. Stock with the Version 8 Spec C.
Yep, an 02 Brendan - so the 'lets just make it work' mentality when subaru australia tuned it. Ping central.
Yes, I like my gearbox as is, and have a replacement OEM clutch (not sure on brand, but its not a HD one)
ROFL, clutch kicking it?! Brave man... I'm doing pretty well with my box of cogs so far. almost 180 thou and still changes nicely. Syncro between first and second is starting to wear, but its far from being not existant yet. We'll see how it goes on the track though... :walts:

#37 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:04 AM

Hehe, yep, Blue is the best colour of the B4's. Followed closely by white. Sorry all you silver people, but blue wins! B)

Hahahaha, Never has there been a more inaccurate statement on SubyClub...

:sarcastic:

:flag_of_truce:

#38 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:52 AM

you people have no taste or idea.

Silver > Black > Mud > Brown > White> turtle shit green > Blue.

#39 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:53 AM

you people have no taste or idea.

Silver > Black > Mud > Brown > turtle shit green > White > Blue.

+1

White might be above turtle shit green though.

#40 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:41 AM

+1

White might be above turtle shit green though.

fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users