#61 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

HIDs now installed (minus levelling gear for the minute, trying to source the plug that goes on the back of the in-cabin control switch so I can make up my own loom)

Rev D are plug and play minus the main beam wiring. Parkers and indicators plug straight in.

Just need to transfer over my +60 high beam globes and change the pins in the parker wiring so my LED T20 single pole parkers work. Have left it with the JDM parkers working so I dont get pulled up for no parkers.

On a second note, minister for war and finance has said we are now looking for either a new Ranger or Hilux for my main car so I can pull this old girl off the road and race prep it. Let the fun begin!

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#62 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

Levelling gear installed with my own custom loom. Working well, aimed down a little from full up so the focal point of the light sits right where I need it.

Fog lights now work - Just a simple switch plugged into the wrong plug on the loom.

Ranger Wildtrak is on order, due for delivery sometime in July/August.

Have made up the list of things I need to do to her to make it track ready. Everything from cage requirements to safety gear like HANS kits and clothing. Even the small things like one of the mounts on the wing is starting to crack, so a new wing so I pass scrutinering.

I know quite a few people who would not worry about things like HANS kits, but it is your safety. Whats the point of having a lovely cage, helmet and harness when your arms can go flailing around and get broken in a roll over. Or maybe break your neck because of the added weight of the helmet and the G forces involved in a roll or major impact.

These things need to be thought about.

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#63 BMX013

BMX013

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

damn nice build line up, shame you went through so much heart ache to get there though!
as with majority of suby owners, standard issue to put different subaru standard gear on (wheels, kits etc) love it and everything about it!

#64 AB501UT!0N

AB501UT!0N

Blitzen...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Fish and IT!

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

damn nice build line up, shame you went through so much heart ache to get there though!
as with majority of suby owners, standard issue to put different subaru standard gear on (wheels, kits etc) love it and everything about it!

Agreed :) and I feel your pain but it is all worth it in the end :D

And yes safety first, You can't go half way with a roll cage/ track setup, it is either all or nothing!

#65 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:59 AM

Ok, update time.

A new left rear wheel bearing assembly is on order, for me to install sometime over the next few weeks. It's not to the point of completely screwed yet, it just whines when weight is put on that corner. I originally thought it might be the diff or gearbox bearings, but after taking dad for a drive and moving seat positions, we figured it was the wheel bearing.
Time to change!

An OEM 6 stacker was put in a few weeks ago - I know its all about to be stripped out for race car spec, but in the mean time I need CD capability. Radio is somewhat non-existant outside of towns around here.

Wildtrak is due for delivery on the 26th of this month, so thats a good thing. Not sure when I'll be down to Adelaide to pick it up, but I'll organise something.

Now, the bad update.
I have something in my head called a colloid cyst. It's now at a point it needs to be removed, which means brain surgery. Not so bad, I've had this done once before, so this isn't exactly new to me. However, it does mean a substantial amount of time off work, and even worse, 3 months minimum without a licence. That is the part that will suck. I dare say the house will get finished off, and I'll be making a start on the car during this period. After 5 weeks I was climbing walls last time, and work won't let me back until I have a full clearance due to a high risk job. So 3 months off is going to allow a lot of things to happen. I'll post up as more things happen to this beast.

Ben

Edit - Wildtrak is now due for delivery on the 17th. Bonus - I'm in town for a medical appointment regarding my head on that day, so perfect timing, and it also means I will get the first drive of it!

#66 Grant

Grant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

All the best with your op Ben, hope it all goes well and you don't go too mad while you're recovering!

Staying tuned for more updates :)

#67 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:22 AM

Geez mate, you almost make the brain op sound like a game of golf, you're a brave man.

Good luck, and look forward to more progress.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#68 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

All the best man! Scary stuff...

IM47Gcv.jpg

#69 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

Best of luck dude!

I suppose we'll be seeing more of you on SC in that time ;) .

#70 simon

simon

Mr POINTY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

Wow not good mate. Best of luck with it ben.

SOLD Legacy GTB 

SOLD Gen 1 RS turbo wagon

SOLD Gen2 Outback limited

Car less atm.......Whats next??

#71 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

Cheers all, not great, but hey, no point moping around, just gotta get on with life. Thanks for the thoughts. Haha, yep after a week or two, you'll be seeing a fair bit more of me lol, might even have time to invade the general thread for a bit. First couple of weeks are a bit hard on things like computer screens and TV's, the brain has a hard time trying to focus for any decent length of time. After that, well...

#72 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:21 AM

Right, well... Some good news now! Got a second opinion on the colloid cyst from the surgeon who originally operated on me back when I was 17, and he has said basically that if I'm not symptomatic, why the hell would we risk surgery. Damn registrars, so keen to open me up! So off the wait list, and have moved all my files to him now.

Picked up the Ranger yesterday. Was in a bit of a hurry when we picked it up, so much so we didnt even really go through the delivery checklist. I didn't want to drive home in the dark in brand new car (even though we ended up doing exactly that). No photos as yet, once I've cleaned it from the trip I'll get a few up. Not worth making a build thread for it (its going to stay pretty much stock), so I'll just stick it here. Specs below.

Ranger Wildtrak.

ARB bullbar

ARB canopy

Electric Brake controller (automatic pendulum type, not the shitty dial ones you have to adjust every time you put a different trailer on)

All weather rubber mats (live in a sandy place, so carpet mats just dont last, the B4 ones are pretty much stuffed)

Mods coming.

HID Lightforce spotlights and loom

5W UHF radio with decent gain aerial.

That'll be it for the Ranger - spend the money on more important things.

So, now the new toy is here, the B4 will be pulled out from daily drive duties, and the track prep process will begin. This will take quite a while, I'm expecting about 12 months. This is due to getting the front yard done (almost done, just need to put some fill in and then arrange for the paving/fake turf to be put in), and also 3 of the most expensive rooms in the house to renovate - Ensuite, Bathroom and Laundry. Thinking a build thread on the house would almost be a good idea... :mellow:

Expect things to happen though!

Edit - Pics! Sorry for the dodgy quality - phone isnt too bad, but photobucket scales down the quality a fair bit...

DSC_00201_zpsf24cfd24.jpg

DSC_00241_zps7a9295c1.jpg

DSC_00221_zps92181b0c.jpg

#73 SSIKness666

SSIKness666

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving
    Downhill MTB riding
    Bicycles
    Photography
    Cars
    Aquariums
    Anything to do with the Ocean eg. old Maritime history

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

Cool man, good news on all fronts.

Congrats :-)

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Old Chinese Proverb: Experience should fear the strength of Youth

eVp photography

Gen 3 build thread

#74 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

Top news mate!

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#75 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:34 PM

Good news.

And wow, you really do live in the forking dessert!

Posted Image

#76 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

Haha, yea, red sand for everyone!

And a big thanks to Sam, there is a new rear wing somewhere between sydney and here. Will hand it off to the spray painters when it gets here so I can replace the broken one on mine.

New concrete pad is still drying off, gotta wait a week or so before I can drive on it - hence the rope.

#77 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:13 PM

Good to hear mate.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#78 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:52 AM

Hey all, time for another update.

gallery_273_53_222914.jpg

Rearranged the shed enough to fit the old girl in. Laundry cabinets are now actually installed in the house so I've been able to move benches and things. Once the bathroom is done I should have enough room in there to start the prep process for the track. At the moment my work bench is covered in boxes of tiles...

For those curious about the car under the cover, its a VS commodore with about a $40k air brush paint job, and no engine or gearbox yet. Its my mates project car, but his new house doesnt have a shed yet, so its been stashed in mine until the shed goes up.

As far as my car goes, the new wing has arrived from Sam and is awaiting paint - I havent had the time to be able to drop it at the painters when he is there, so its currently sitting on top of the cabinets with the original front bumper.

I've retired it from daily driving, and its now parked in there. I need to get the drivers side inner CV boot replaced - its started to split and is just starting to flick grease onto the dump pipe. So its parked up until its changed.

Next MRI for my head is on wednesday, so hopefully that comes back ok.

#79 BE4ORE

BE4ORE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Cars, PS4 and my B4!!!

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

Hey mate, very nice thread and rides... Hopefully it goes all well with your MRI and look forward to more updates on whats planned next!

#80 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

All the best with your health! And keen to see this in track spec :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users