529 replies to this topic

#21 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:11 PM

Thanks for your thoughts. I should have studied the benefits of changing the stock pipes to a straight through one more thoroughly. But, it's not the end of the world. What would your suggestions be on modding my outback? I'm off my green ps in November, so na all the way till then.

And I want to get rid of the crap autobarn badges anyway so how do you fill the holes?
Cheers, sam

Mate, honest opinion, If it were my Outback, my priorities;
1. Interior, maybe redo with the leather premium interior. MOMO steering wheel. Change interor LED lights in cluster and console (sounds rice, but do it the right colour and it'll look class)
2. Ensure the wheels and suspension (ride height) suit car. Get the right stance, that makes the car look the shiz.
3. Colour code exterior, if it's a base model with different colour rear view mirrors, get them sprayed. Make it look flawless on the outside. This means get those holes covered up, or badge it GEN 4 if you think it'll improve the look.
4. If you haven't done so, tint the windows a fair shade. Take your time and find the right sort of tint that off sets the rest of the car.

These are all aesthetic mods, but the ones that will add the most $$$ to a sale price, or will make the car look the best, the easiest and less expensive way. Just what i'd do.

I'm at an advantage where I know spray painters and mechanics, but you''ll find shops aren't that exxy, just go in and let the guy know exactly what you want, and they won't rip you off.

Nick

PS Didn't mean to come across as a 'flamer' before, but I hate to see guys come on here and do the same thing another person has done, that has yielded little results. As Paul says, the point of the forum is to learn from each other, learn from our mistakes. And believe me we've all made a lot of mistakes.

If thy tint is dark and thy wheels are black thou car be declared b11tchin'

So you can run it on 6psi with an rx fuel pump? :P

#22 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:29 PM

No worries mate. Thanks for the tips.
1. I have got myself a 2din replacement head unit, the lights on it are blue, so im going to have a look at changing the aircon lights and dash lights to wither blue or white.
2. I like the 18s on it at the moment, but I want it lower so it sits at about legacy/liberty height.
3. I'd like to colour code either the bottom half white or the top half silver/grey. And I'm looking for someone with some gen4 badges. No luck yet so might look into filling the holes.
4.The tint was the 1st thing I did. 35% dark black.

Thanks for the input. Cheers, Sam
[03.SUBY]

#23 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:22 PM

No worries mate. Thanks for the tips.
1. I have got myself a 2din replacement head unit, the lights on it are blue, so im going to have a look at changing the aircon lights and dash lights to wither blue or white.
2. I like the 18s on it at the moment, but I want it lower so it sits at about legacy/liberty height.
3. I'd like to colour code either the bottom half white or the top half silver/grey. And I'm looking for someone with some gen4 badges. No luck yet so might look into filling the holes.
4.The tint was the 1st thing I did. 35% dark black.

Thanks for the input. Cheers, Sam

1.Blue > White
Posted Image
2.Don't go king springs if you're lowering. I think you had a thread on your suspension, and I reccomended stiffened suspension if you're lowering it that far. Pedders Sports Rider is a good product.
3.Totally white exterior sounds like a plan. Maybe change the rims or powdercoat them to contrast, charcoal/black/gold all look good on white. And yeah a debadged rear looks clean and tidy.
4. 35% is cool, can always go darker in the future.

Nick

If thy tint is dark and thy wheels are black thou car be declared b11tchin'

So you can run it on 6psi with an rx fuel pump? :P

#24 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

Walts your as constructive to the forum as a slut on her rags.

Out of order for 1 week every month?

Edit* Nice CAI man. If I had seen something like is earlier before I decided to turbo my liberty, I would probably had done it myself. Props for putting the idea up.

Everyone else, isn't that the whole point of a car forum for discussing and sharing ideas, regardless if they are awesome or not. Criticize sure, but don't make it personal. No need for it.

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#25 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:26 PM

ok guys - everyones said their bit, now lets keep it on topic please.

cheers

aek

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#26 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

1.Blue > White
Posted Image
2.Don't go king springs if you're lowering. I think you had a thread on your suspension, and I reccomended stiffened suspension if you're lowering it that far. Pedders Sports Rider is a good product.
3.Totally white exterior sounds like a plan. Maybe change the rims or powdercoat them to contrast, charcoal/black/gold all look good on white. And yeah a debadged rear looks clean and tidy.
4. 35% is cool, can always go darker in the future.

Nick

That dash surround looks good. That's the look I'm after. No I'm steering clear of king springs. Would rather have a nicer ride then cheap springs. I just have to find someone with a little more technical experience (suspension) then me to help me out with the gearbox cross members and all that other stuff. I'll look into the powdercoated or gold rims. I like the style and a little sick of the colour. I talked to a local auto paint shop and he quoted me around $1200+ to paint the bottom half white. So that won't be for a while. But it's on the list. It'll be debadged by the weekend too!

Cheers mate. Sam
[03.SUBY]

#27 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:54 PM

Got a little package in the mail today. Clear side indicators... Took 5 minutes wiring the new bulbs and putting new clear covers on. Looks pretty sweet. Pics to come.
[03.SUBY]

#28 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:30 PM

Some pics of the Clear indicators..

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
[03.SUBY]

#29 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:59 PM

Here's a trick.

Give the globes a light spray with chrome paint to remove the orange look from the globe.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#30 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:28 PM

Here's a trick.

Give the globes a light spray with chrome paint to remove the orange look from the globe.

The globes when they are not blinking? So that itll be just clear looking-no orange coming through?
[03.SUBY]

#31 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:34 AM

Yup.

Clear looking when off, orange when on.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#32 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:31 AM

Attention to detail.

Jason has it.

#33 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:10 AM

Are they the ones off eBay? I'm going to get some in the next few weeks as my orange ones are teh gay.

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#34 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

There are a few different choices on ebay.
Mine cost $44 to my door and are sweet

http://www.subyclub....dpost__p__51349

IM47Gcv.jpg

#35 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:00 AM

Yeah mine were $29 plus $12 postage. They came with the clear covers and also orange globes and wires, as you have to re-wire the old ones.
Looks a heap better though
[03.SUBY]

#36 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:09 AM

Re-wire?? Mine were just plug and play...
Take the old globes out, put new globes in, put new clear cover on

IM47Gcv.jpg

#37 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:12 AM

Re-wire?? Mine were just plug and play...
Take the old globes out, put new globes in, put new clear cover on

+1. They did come with wires and shit but they're not needed.

#38 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:14 AM

Yeah I thought I'd be ableto do that but no, I had to remove the old one and attach the new one.

I currently have the whole dash off just having a bit of a look at what LEDs I need to replace the old bulbs in the dash.
[03.SUBY]

#39 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:23 AM

What globes are in the new ones?

#40 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:31 AM

They're just the same as the original ones but a different plug insert sorta thing. The old cover is different to the new cover at the back.
[03.SUBY]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users