• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 wraithrslib

wraithrslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:44 PM

Hi all as Iv'e been made aware of this suby car club i might as well share my build story Iv'e been doing over on the RSLC forum as Iv'e been a long time member there for many years, only I'm always keen to meet new car enthusiasts as there is always other great ideas and cars out there to explore

And from what Iv'e seen on here in my first day sure lives up to that so I thought I would try and bring over my build thread as there is a lot of info and pics that it would be easer to just copy and paste up to what I have done so far and in the coming weeks i can then add the final stages of this huge! build well it is for me :D my pics are done with image shack so just click on pic for a larger view regards Wayne

Yeah figure i may as well post up the build that the RS is under going at the moment, and from reading others builds the impute from others can help in the build process, otherwise missed by the individual.

Iv'e spent many hours on forums and speaking to people in the know, just to make some sort of clear direction as to what i want from such a build, and to draw on were i went wrong in my past build! in order to have a far better out come this and last time.

Iv'e decided to go with TOP Torque over a couple other possibilities, based on the fact that there well known for excellent work and people like bazza mitch and my tuner just to name a few that have been happy with there work, and there only 20 min from me so very convenient for me to drop in at any time during the build process.

So what iv'e decided that suits my needs best is an insane streeter that will also hold it's own down the strip and be very well suited to hill climbs as i prefer that over circuit type racing.

So to hopefully achieve this i'm going for an RS closed deck Block which i scored from The Asian aka Tim for a good price thnx mate ;-) and then sleeving the sucker!! for a 2.5 displacement as i think bigger the cubes the better for a hill climber and street weapon.

Which iv'e now scored the 300-030 darton sleeves from Gonads over at rexnet also for a good price thnx ben ;-)
also i'm able to re use my argo i beam rods as there the bomb for supporting big power, and are now out of the old motor and are in perfect nick.

Another good score was finding a new set of JE pistons for an absolute bargain! they should be here mid next week.

The piston specs are:
Alloy: 2618 T6
Bore: 3.938
Comp Height: 1.182
Forging: 97M
Pin Dia: .905
Pin Length: 2.515 (S TRUE ARC Locks)
Dish: -23.5cc
Top Ring: 1.2mm
2nd Ring: 1.2mm
Oil Ring: 2.8mm (up from 2.5mm)
Actual weight: 409g
They come with carbon steel wrist pins and JE Pro seal rings.
With assumptions about head gasket thickness and combustion chamber volume etc, these should see a static C/R round 9:1. although i want a little more than this.

Thnx to bazz iv'e bought his V7 heads with kelford 272's heavy duty springs titanium retainers port job avacs which will i'll be running, no compromises in this build!

As for the turbo it's been hard to put my finger on one perfect huffer, although i'm now down to either a Twin scroll GTX 3071R or the GTX 3076R in standard location i'm leaning towards the 76R, any other ideas will definitely be considered.

Not sure what clutch to upgrade to as yet iv'e been told an OS Giken twin-plate clutch setup? i like the exedy twin plate carbon joby as it comes in pull type

and i think i need a kit for the giken to fit? any help on this would be much appreciated.

iv'e now purchased a cosworth manifold as with my cam's in the high rpm will make use of this manifold and i love the look it will create in the engine bay i'm considering and aftermarket throttle body to go with it but undecided at this stage

AS i'm going twin scroll iv'e also bought a hyperflow twin scroll sump nice bit of kit indeed and it holds more oil than a standard TS sump.

now i'll be running E85 with a 98 octane mix which i will be buying in 200 lt drums and The Asian can supply me with a pump so i can fill up in the garage at home thnx again tim.

Now to help fully burn this mix iv'e just upgraded to set of four ice ignition coils and 9mm ice leads so should never have spark break down due to high comp big boost or the e85 fuel.
probably more of a safe guard i know than a necessity, although would hate to have spark issues at WOT with what this motor should produce.

Will be going for 1600cc squirters should be enough iv'e got a walbro intank and iv'e got the bosch 040 external
here's some pics so far.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

this is the other side with coolant bottle re located to a lower position just above fog light ;-)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So there's my upgraded coils nicely tucked away in the guards, thats about it for now, as the RS block and sleeves are at top torque waiting in line to get done which is a bit over a week away.

So when I took the rs out for a blast to see what it's like under some real load with the new coils, it feels alot more responsive!
maybe there's a bit better combustion going on now and that's what i'm noticing, there's definitely something very happy indeed.

Also people have commented that the coils maybe affected by the rain due to there stealthy location and this was a valid point so this is what Iv'e done to test this theory out :)

So after watching my sons footy game in atrocious conditions i thought it would be a great time to test these coils out in there location with such pathetic conditions.
so I drove through as many areas of standing water and there were plenty too choose from lol, along with some spirited driving to get lots of spray happening

And i'm happy to say there were no signs at all of any unwanted issues ie: stuttering missing ect..ect.. the car just hauled arrss so i think if anyone wants to mount coils were i have you should be fine would pay to have good plastic wheel linings just to be safe as i do

Iv'e added more clips to the linings and secured the bottom part that dose have the ability of flapping down under the front wheels and ending up on the road as mine have in the past lol,

So iv'e put in bolts and some cable ties along the bottom area witch also stops a lot of the water as well as keeping it in place;-)

cheers wayne

#2 wraithrslib

wraithrslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

Her's My je pistons so for 500 bucks & 16 for registered post was a very good score indeedy :-)

sleeves will be done hopefully this week then this should get going in a big way i'll post up as much pics and info as it comes together ;-)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

these are from my old 20lt build and what the je's will be hanging of, had them checked out and are in perfect condition and advised there's no need to redo the bearings.
i was also told these will handle what ever my build could throw at them from the guys at argo so a bit of a saving there being able to re use these

Posted Image

cheers wayne

Getting excited a little now! here's what stage the RS block is up to now, it's been bored out and will be ready next week for the next stage, i was surprised to find out that the block has oil squirter's my engine builder said better to have them for extra cooling under the crowns.

Here's some picks i took today my builder was very pleased with the result f@#!%ked if i know whats good or not lol.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

this last pic shows how well the top of the sleeves fit the deck.
Posted Image

Here's the turbo iv'e chosen based on price & added feature over it's rivals such as bbk's, gt pumps, kando ect..ect.. which is a new ceramic ball bearing core & the fact that Kyp at ATP is just 20 min from me and is happy to help with upgrades if the initial results are not good, as sometimes it can take a bit of rnd to get what is needed.

He is also a qualified aircraft turbine mechanic so i trust he knows his stuff and has been doing the turbo thing for more than 20 years.

For just under 2k this sti gold for a stock location stands out over others for me, i was looking at the garret as well although there's no GTX available in stock location.

Besides kyp told me he is able to fit a garret full ball bearing core to this turbo so it's just another option which is good to know, and going by the specs on the sti gold for mostly street use it will be a ball tearer
were i need it.

Posted Image

Specs excerpt from his add.

Comes with the 080 T/Hsg Std Bolt Pattern
MHI TD06 Style Comp Cover 3"or 2.75" Intake
TD06SL2 Style 11 Blade Turbine Wheel 8cm

22G MFS Comp Wheel (Machined From Solid) Billet
Special Design Brg Hsg Using Ceramic Ball Bearings
Also comes with 1.2bar Actuator as standard option

cheers wayne

#3 wraithrslib

wraithrslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

Here's my sleeved block very happy with the work from the boys at top torque and how very open they are to the whole build process.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The block still needs a good clean and then onto getting here built ;-)

here's a list of my parts that will be used that much i can disclose,and of course the quality of the parts used and quality of top torques work will be reflected in the engines performance and strength I'm sure theres people on here that can vouch on the level of ability in top torque's work.

Dismantle and hot tank long motor
Fit Darton sleeves
Surface block deck
Final clean
Set comp ratio
Complete balance
Size and clearance rods
Repair heads and reco ( one of the kelfords were damaged) and something else in the head so not an expected cost but again wasn't much, also they modified the cams so the cam seals will never leak again.
Assemble long motor

Race conrod and main bearings
Complete genuine gasket set
Gates race timing belt
Complete timing kit
Brian Crower cam gear set
ARP custom age head stud kit ARP claim that they are better than the L19 studs. The breaking point on the L19 is 220,000psi and the Custom Age is 280,000psi.
MLS-R head gaskets
Manley billet crankshaft

cheers wayne

#4 wraithrslib

wraithrslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:55 PM

Hi all just a few pics of the new custom surge tank fittings with mount ing base and the twin bosch brackets the guy i got to do this is only 10 min from home and is cheap as he works from home

he can do all sorts of work from exhausts, to turbo manifolds, air boxes, alloy intakes which i'll be getting done soon as the 2.5 is in the car, pm me if you would like his number.

These pics are without it mounted as yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This only cost me $200 and it was maid to suit the spare wheel well, so i figure using a local guy was better than trying to find something on ebay ect.. that would suit my needs, he is also making me an alloy lid to go over the wheel well
with an air tight rubber seal to stop any fumes getting into the cabin when it's screwed in place, and makes it a little more stealth from you know who;-)

And i'll have a small perspex window over the setup to keep an eye on any leaks ect.. hoping to have it done by friday.

Hi just thought i'd show some pics of my turbo wheels before kyp puts it together this is alot of the reason iv'e decided to go with a local turbo guy
as i'm able to get a closer look of the thing before i buy it, and the fact of the billet 22g & ceramic bb design also he ported and polished in side the turbine not sure how much you can see in these pics from my phone but he got right inside.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

cheers wayne

#5 wraithrslib

wraithrslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

almost done just getting the lid made and the setup all bolted to the bottom of the wheel well car started no probs and setup is running fine, here's some pics all fittings are speed flow the fuel lines are all teflon so not cheap but are the best for using any fuels like e85 or even methanol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Earls fuel filter

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dual relays with 30 amp fuses thnx to Datmans info on the wiring;-)

Posted Image

Hi here's the finished fuel setup and the guy who did the surge tank also did the mounting of it which i havn't got pics as yet but he also did the lip with it's pespex window so i can view the pumps and surge tank for leaks ;-)

also checked the fuel pressure and when i was only running the walbro it was on 29 psi at idle and now it's sitting bang on 38psi at idle so very nice

One thing i'm amazed at is how quiet the pumps are must be were they are and with the back seats in and the carpet and the custom lid in place with the dense rubber to seal the noise and possible smell which in one of the pics you can just see must all be helping to lower the noise ;-)

Here you can see the perspex looks very clear and i can see all the pumps and fittings very well.

Posted Image

here you can see that at the back the lid gose up and behind the lining were it is also bolted, and you can see the dense rubber seal also.

Posted Image

Here you can see how stealth my idea is and why i decided to do it, and i can still place things in the boot even sit a spare wheel over the wheel well as the lid is more than strong enough to handle it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's the half inch teflon fuel line and wiring going along the standard fuel lines.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

cheers wayne

#6 wraithrslib

wraithrslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

Ok finally got the time to get under the old girl and work out were everything went, and also checked the fittings that they were all tight and that nothings going to rub any were.

Here's the two 044 pump feeds going into the speed flow tri fitting which then goes to the half inch teflon line which then goes into the car and all the way to the earls filter in the engine bay, you can just see above the two 044 lines the return line that follows the 044 lines from the surge tank

to the front of the car the other to lines bend off to the main fuel tank one line is the walbro supply line to surge tank the other is the line from the surge to the old return line fitting on the main tank, not sure why it was kept in use and not deleted with bungs?? i'll have to ask my guy maybe it acts as a breather between surge and main tank??

Posted Image

Another angel were you can see the return line following the two 044 lines and the other two going to main tank

Posted Image

Here is were the 044 lines connect to the half inch line and the return line is above.

Posted Image

Here's the bung on the old feed line under the car and the other pic is the bung on the old feed line in the engine bay.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's the two lines that bend of to the main tank one is the supply line by the walbro to the surge tank, the other is the old return line now just plumbed to the surge tank not sure why as yet,
that rubber line feeds from the other side of the main tank, also iv'e twisted carefully the connections a little to stop any kinking of the teflon lines

Posted Image

Here is how the setup is mounted in the wheel well simply by welding in some threaded blocks.

Posted Image

This is a support that i asked to be put in so i can still put things on top of the lid, i'll also be making a mount of to the side for the spare wheel, for the longer trips like when i go jet skiing will need to have a spare then ;-)

Posted Image

Hope this helps to give you an idea fergo, on how my setup was done seems to work rely well and it is very quiet as from what iv'e read in the past i thought i was going to need the music a pump'en to
drown out the pumps, well this is not the case maybe having the setup down low in the spare wheel well and a sealed lid has fixed that ;-)

cheers wayne

#7 wraithrslib

wraithrslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

As I'm going brembos which i think is needed for such a build, and after viewing a lot of rims i decided that although there are some very good cast jap rims out there the best option was to go the jap forged rim and there isn't a lot out there

mainly volks so it boiled down to one high quality cast rim the advan RS and three forged rims the te37 not the te37sl as it wont fit the guy at the wheels shop told me,and the CE28n ten spoke,

and last but not least the RE30 this is the one that has rely grown on me, from the many pics and many different colors iv'e seen it in also comes with different center cap options.

heres a few colors the rim comes in i do like the standard bronze only not sure it will suit my body color, i do like the gun metal, and the matt black is good too only the brembos are already black hmm?

these are the bronze not to bad with the dark body color so should look ok on mine
http://www.undergrou.../img/s2k-05.jpg
http://www.undergrou.../img/s2k-04.jpg

this is the color i like the most gun metal
http://i216.photobuc...pg?t=1277761361

and some others
http://i111.photobuc...c3/IMG_1116.jpg

http://www.s2ki.com/...mage&img=731568

http://i11.photobuck...4_6962719_o.jpg

http://www.s2ki.com/...6857__file__med

cheers

#8 wraithrslib

wraithrslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

Hi apart from my wheels and brembs, here's the last bits i needed to get before i'm of on my holiday, so i can now focus on the trip at last, as all the hard work is for my tuner mechanic now! ;-)

Cossie goodness
Posted Image

Nice finish in the runners
Posted Image

Cossie cough bling deletes hehe
Posted Image

Posted Image

Thnx to travis i should have all the height needed for the under cossie 3"intake
Posted Image

Just scored these tonight along with a 2.7 wrx steering rack of rswagz cheers mate ;-)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok a final update before i head of on my trip next fri and the car is of to chasers next tue, so my bronze RE30's 17x8 and 44 offset and matching center caps i'm told they will arrive on the 17th oct, so thats good to hear and CRUISN on here has now got my brembo's from japan and all the other gear so he's just getting them painted and they'll be ready when i get back whoohoo.

Also iv'e bought a pair of front alloy control arms of brendon a member on here thnx mate;-) as a last minute decision to improve the front end even more along with the other bits i'm doing on the front.

So here's my remote oil filler mounted onto the gen2 air box, for my late model power steering pump, just need to relocate the radiator reservoir now ;-)
Posted Image

Posted Image

After almost going the way of a twin plate clutch i spoke with markmcrs and told him what i was going to use
and he assured me that what i'm mostly going to use the car for and the power level i'm looking at that he had a clutch that would be cheaper and better for the job at hand and he certainly knows a bit about clutches.

So iv'e bought one of these bad boys of him with his little tweaks added to it for good measure ;-) he also suggested i go to a 6mt flywheel for what i'm mostly using the car for as well.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And mark said that for the cost of a replacement in the future it's a lot cheaper than any twin plate ;-)
so that's about it, i should have plenty to show and tell after i'm back from the states so stay tuned.

cheers wayne

#9 wraithrslib

wraithrslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

Hi all back from my holiday which was fantastic never long enough though lol

has been very slow going for the work on my car whilst i was away! so iv'e since given them the hurry up old rs engine is out the wiring to my o44 pumps has been upgraded due to finding out the wirning was too thin to cope with more boost

so thats now done, the 2.7 steering rack is now in and the tie rod end whiteline kit fitted to it as well, is also completed
now waiting on some bits for my alloy control arms so they can be fitted ie: sway bar links and some bushes.

the stroker donk is at the workshop getting prepped for fitment ie: the avcs lines solenoids ect.. and it's wiring is first getting sorted, also i didn't realize that the new engine needs the plastic engine covers to suit avcs hmm silly me so just got some new ones from subaru grr

also the issues associated with the cossie manifold like idle control and throttle cable ect.. is now sorted, just waiting for an adaptor plate to arrive to fit my v7 throttle body to the cossie manifold;-)

iv'e now decided to go twist mount due to possible future needs or dedicating it as a track car, also it's simplicity and the fact that a lot agree that it's the best way to go when getting serious.

Also big thnx to mark a.k.a cruisn for getting my brembos sorted and now ready to go once myRE30 rims in bronze arrive in 3 to 5 days

Not the best pics with the iphone

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks can be deceiving EJ20 cough...

Posted Image

Posted Image

So not as much at this stage as i would of liked, but iv'e been promised that it will be up and running in less than a week time will tell, so hope to have more updates soon

Just got some more pics still can't see it tuned in a week hmm, although that cossie now in place makes me wanna go out and buy rubbers hehe ;-)

i should gain extra kills wasps with bazzas nice custom port job on his old throttle body.
all that was needed to fit it, was an alloy adaptor plate as this type of manifold was never intended for cable throttle body use ;-)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's my Cosworth oil pump and a Cosworth Billet Timing Belt Guide is on it's way

Posted Image

Here's my Cosworth deletes with the new 1680cc squirters, my tuner chose these for me as these are the ones he prefers to tune, so who am i to argue ;-)

Posted Image

The alloy control arms are now in and found some nice sway bar links to make that possible.

Posted Image

Here's the huffer doesn't look that big, but as i always say it's not the size of the dog in a fight but the fight in the dog that counts, and i recon this dog will fight to the death or until i wind enough boost into it!! well which ever comes first hehe.

Posted Image

Posted Image

cheers wayne

#10 wraithrslib

wraithrslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

Heres my custom painted brembos thnx to mark A.K.A crusin :drinks:

Posted Image[

Engine is now in although the turbo is not going to to be in the factory position as other pics show, just working out were it will sit best and then fab up the piping needed.

Also will run a 3" intake of the turbo into a custom air box at this stage also got other pics of bits and my new rims.

Posted Image

Here there looking at how to go about twist mounting
it.

Posted Image

Got these for the 1900cc injectors

Posted Image

Here are my P7 Pirelli tyres with my fav rims the volk RE30'S in bronze this colour looks the goods against my dark body work and the brembo colour combo also will look great.

Posted Image

cheers wayne

#11 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:34 PM

One word.

Epic.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#12 wraithrslib

wraithrslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:43 PM

Hi all so finally an update on the issue I had with the fab guy who was suppose to fit my custom turbo in the twisted position he felt it was an impossible task, so I decided it's no use pushing this guy to have a go.

So I gave bazza a call and he advised me to give the boys at springy performance a go so I called danny down there, and after filling him in on the problem he felt without even looking at the job that they could do it and do it well and that they did! I reckon the pics speak louder than words,

the only thing that will need to be done is raise the fuel rails as the avcs electrical plugs under both rails are rubbing the under part of the rail and the turbo has one of the rails slitly fowling the entrance no big deal as springy made me aware that spacers will fix this issue ,the joys of modding :dash2: :sarcastic: :flag_of_truce: :empathy3: :angry: :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't have pics of the up pipe but that's a master piece, even the guys at chasers said it was perfect and the way it was mounted was very well done indeed, as it's back at chasers to have the rest of the wiring finished and then get it tuned.

So a big thnx to bazz and especially the boys at springy performance will be going there for any fab work in the future!! so that's were my build is as of now, so any update from now will be the latest looking at about two and a half weeks or earlier till she is back on the road with the run in tune, I'll be heading down to chasers tomorrow morning to see what progress there is since sending it back to them from springy performance.

Not long to go now it'll be all over soon lol so I'll keep the updates coming so stay tuned ;)

cheers wayne

#13 wraithrslib

wraithrslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:47 PM

One word.

Epic.

Thnx mate me like's that old xc in your avatar is it yours?? is it the gxl 351 fmx auto with 9" lsd diff?? a mate had one a loooong time ago was quick in its time ;)

cheers wayne

#14 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

XC Fairmont coupe.
302, Toploader, 9" disc etc. Had it nearly 20 years, sold it a while ago.
Cheers.

The other old bloke (Paul) just commented on it too! :)

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#15 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:50 PM

Im just looking ever forward to a ride in this after I fit the Brembo's. :D :D :D

Its going to be a well setup car Wayne.

OEM+

#16 implanted4

implanted4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:47 AM

Hey wayne.. good to see you moved on over too :) guess that bag copped a pounding after you got off the phone from me the other day LOL..

Looking good my friend. im glad theres a few of us old fellas around ;)

Oh BTW, have you trial fitted your Power steering hard line yet? You may find youll need to get a custom set of lines made to accommodate the turbo entry pipe, though hard to tell without seeing it there.

I also recall issues mick had with turbo surging with a straight entry, your turbo doesnt have the holes in the housing to alleviate that issue.. have you taked to anyone about that??

wtf?

here we go again.

whinge whinge whinge

Respect your elder members. They've endured many a time stupid questions like yours. They irritate us.

#17 wraithrslib

wraithrslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

Im just looking ever forward to a ride in this after I fit the Brembo's. :D :D :D

Its going to be a well setup car Wayne.

Lol hey mark.. hell yeah we need to go for a spin to bed the pads in bud :yahoo:

PS:and scare the bageeberz outa your neighbours lol

cheers wayne

#18 wraithrslib

wraithrslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:02 PM

Hey wayne.. good to see you moved on over too :) guess that bag copped a pounding after you got off the phone from me the other day LOL..

Looking good my friend. im glad theres a few of us old fellas around ;)

Oh BTW, have you trial fitted your Power steering hard line yet? You may find youll need to get a custom set of lines made to accommodate the turbo entry pipe, though hard to tell without seeing it there.

I also recall issues mick had with turbo surging with a straight entry, your turbo doesnt have the holes in the housing to alleviate that issue.. have you taked to anyone about that??

Hey paul yeah I'm getting custom power steering lines so I can get a rely nice neat finish, and that way crusin wont slap me for a poorly looking engine bay hehe.
as for surge my turbo builder said not and issue with his huffer but I'll run it by him again thnx paul

cheers wayne

#19 wraithrslib

wraithrslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

Ok so getting close now! have confirmed with glenn at chasers today that next thur will be the day rings are bedded in and the run in tune is done if all goes well that is, so I'll be there for the maiden run ;-)
so the new dump is now finished and hooked up to the exhaust along with a new high flow cat, also the cam gears are on and look cool not that you see them once the covers are on and the cosworth timing belt guide is on along with my new ati super damper.

I've also changed injectors now and gone to the Id 2000's as I was told the 1680's have been known to have issues when the fuel is heat soaked, the new ones are a little bigger so that's always good for future tuning and more boost so there now on, and have raised the fuel rails out of the way on the turbo with out the need of spacers so they must be a longer injector than the other ones as the rails are a lot higher now and no more issue with the rail fowling the turbo entry, as soon as I get some pics I'll post them up ;-)

Here's one of the cam gears

Posted Image

Here's the damper and both cam gears

Posted Image

So glenn has promised daily updates until I'm there for start up next thur

cheers wayne

#20 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members